Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

Is Nuruddin Farah another Ayaan Xirsi in the making?

LIke the other brother said..

This is just post civil war clothing..

Influenced by Afghanistan.

Just like NIke and DKNY Prada Coach bag is to ya'l

Why is Nuraddin being worried about the Islamosation of Somali culture when its the Westernisation that presents the most threat to our diin and dhaqan?

Taliban   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Why is Nuraddin being worried about the Islamosation of Somali culture when its the Westernisation that presents the most threat to our diin and dhaqan?

Good question. At the very least, how about he worries about the damage Western values, morals and standards are doing to our children and even grownups? How about toxic waste dumped into Somalia by the West? How about he worries about what the waste is causing to Somali children who are born deformed (for proof, check Dayniile.com and other Somali sites)?

RedSea   

I am tired of these people.

Somali culture this and that, waar Somali culture qaada oo daba iskaga xareeyah.

Islam ayaa wax walba ka fiican. Meesha diinta Islamku ay wax ka tahay dhaqan ayaan soconayn haduu dhaqankaasi aanu diinta Islamka aanu ku lamaanayn qaabilsanayn.

So get the heck out of here with your 'somali culture' nonsense.

Nuradiin is such a dumb$ss once again. Raganimo kala dheer.

Originally posted by bilan:

first of all hijaab is not equal to jalbaab. guntiino iyo garbasaar xijaab way noqon karaan. reer minnesota waaba u baahan yihiin wax saas wax ugu sheega.

Aad aa u bahansantahay, Bilan. Intaa ka hadlaaye intaas waaye kaliya. Dad ayaa rabo dhaqan shisheeye inay sanka naga giliyaan. Jilbaab is a later comer, oo imaaday wixii civil war ka dambeeye. Few countable Soomaali sisters wore it before that, and even those were late '80s.

Wax aan hubo is that if the same thing was said about garbasaar, which is as part of xijaab, or wax laga sheegi lahaa, this thread saan ma ahaan lahayn. Some would have possibly argued it is a piece of cloth. Yea, so is jilbaab.

But garbasaar saas looma difaaci lahayn because reer surwaalgaab, who advocate so-called jilbaab gabdhaheena wataan, some even force them to wear especially the schools they run back home as a uniform -- but since they do consider garbasaar to be a Soomaali "invention," which they never appreciated. Waxa kaliya ay ka dambeyaan is what others invent, especially waxa Carabta soo saaraan, be it jilbaab, abaayo, burqa, jadoor/shadoor.

Garbasaar is xijaab. Deal with it. And it will here, jecloow mise ha jeclaan.

I have read atleast two of his books, esp i read recently his book "The Links" Walaahi to tell you the truth the guy is big calmaani some the things he is breaching is unislamic, i recall him saying walaahi that it was ok to give or make diliver a dog giving birth, and he claims he and his friend did it.

the other sad thing is that the pple who commented about this novel who are listed at the end Guest whose name comes first? Salaman Rushdie. who calls him the best Muslim and Afican writter in this century!!!!

Fabregas   

I don't think it is fair to compare Nuradiin with Ayan Hirsi.The woman is an atheist, who has insulted Islam, the Prophet (saw) and the muslim world.She is an open enemy to Islam.

Nuradiin, has only stated a simply fact which is Jilabiib is not Somali culture.Note that one can wear a strong grabasaar, Go'o or any other overshoulder clothing, as worn in Sudan,many other parts of Africa and the Middle East........

The surwaal gaab style and the jalaabib came recently.The writer is right,we have our own dress styles,different from the talibans and what have u.This is absurd,now the aqwaan muslimiin folks wanna claim that we had a history of jalaabib and surwaal gaaban.

Johnny B   

Suldaanka,a Muslim beeing worried of Islamization is a contradiction in terms.

It seems to be about some people's wishful thinking that Somalis had no culture at all, so they can claim "Jalbabaad" is Islamic , thus Somali.

'Garbsaar' is culturally Somali and Islamic ,that is why 'Garbasaar' is the slaient trait.

we can't say the same about "jalbabaad", and Atheer Nuradin is 100% right about stating that fact.

Only those who dislike their own Somali culture becouse they either find it inappropriate to their version of Islam or they don't know much about their own culture, seem to want to sell us that he can't be Muslim , since he is culturally Somali.

That Sulman Rushdie or Stringberg had commented on his work therefore he is not Muslim is like saying Castro is not a Muslim becouse JB has only nice things to say about his posts, what a drivel. :D

There is an Islamic grandeur in thier veiws but wholly for the wrong reasons dare i assert.

I remember sometime back, came across one of his books,'Sardines' n i waz totally excited coz it waz the first somali novel i ever read.didnt go past pg10, coz he kept glorifying unislamic ideas like drinking wine n stuff. i didnt like it.bt itz bin so long since i heard bout him that i waz sure hez dead.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

First and foremost I would kindly like to ask the brothers & sisters from both sides of the fence to refrain from uttering something that they would later regret and please do not let your emotions undermine your decision making ability. Thanks in Advance.

I personally know Nuuradiin Faarax and I have had the privilege to spend sometime alone with him many times and one brother above wrote that he's heard that he's a Christian..Subhannah-Allah. would he fast Ramadan or pray if he was a Christian? My point is, he's no less Muslim than the next man.

There's no point in arguing what he said and what he meant by that as none of us can explain exactly what he meant by what he said, Somalis say "Hadal Nina Si Uyiri Nina Si Uqaaday" and I wouldn't make a rush decision concerning whether he's meant to insult Islam or not if I were you lot.

Give the man the benefit of the doubt and let him explain because believe me there are a whole lot of people waiting for him to explain what he meant by that and before that let's just wait for the dust to settle.

I will get to the bottom of this story Insha Allah as soon as he comes back home here in S.A where he lives with his Nigerian wife and their two children marka akhayaarta odayga yaa lagu saqajaamin oo aan la af lagaadeen because we all know that is Un-Islamic.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

***[Edited]^I know brother, Nuraddin Farah lives in South Africa aswell but the truth of the matter is that is totally and utterly inadequate and unqualified to talk about matters of this deen as being prove the nonsense that he talked about!

We shall not accuse anyone of things they're not I agree with you, so people let's turn down a bit the assumptions, shall we?

But to say that what Allaah the great has ordained isn't our dhaqan is an absolute act of craziness and jaahilnimo, which is also widely viewable and evident in his books! He displays very bad knowledge in Islaam in his books and he doesn't come across someone that has been blessed with a great deal of knowledge in Al-Islaam!

What comes next that the seclusion of men and women aren't dhaqan Somali when everybody knows that genders don't mix in Somalia! Yes they come and speak to each other and don't hide but in our dhaqan, women cannot intermix with men and that is quite and widely acknowledged!

The Jilbaab has been ordained by Allaah and it came down from seven heavens to be practised!

Now to say that it wasn't our dhaqan only reiterates that the people back then weren't very knowledgable in such matters as knowledge and books of knowlede were scarcely available so that doesn't it mean because people didn't used it to wear or practise that it is a wrong thing to do now!

Everybody has to refute such thinking along such lines because it is very dangerous and it also brings out the hypocrites that hate Islaam in our midst and to put fire on the whole issue to bring about confusion!

It is a sad reality that people like JB talk about such matters although he clearly told me one to one that he's a kaafir a non believer and not even a muslim!

Now such people jump on the bandwagon to support their 'dhaqan' for their ulterior motives, can you see it?

This whole issue is a farce and Nuraddin Farah should educate himself about Islaam because he's truly someone who is not even blessed with Islamic knowledge in fact I would go as far to call him a utter and true badow or Jaahil!

The Jilbaab has been ordained by Allaah and it came down from seven heavens to be practised

MKA and dhaqan can conflict with religion.Well put brother,i honestly withdraw with my absurd claim.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My brother....like i said i will get to the bottom of this story Insha Allah the next time we sit and have a tea together...in the meantime I don't want to be dragged in into all this attack & counter-attack....

I will never defend any one who insults Islam but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until i find out exactly what he said but I wont hang him to dry just because Salman Rushdie sang his praises and I will never go as far as comparing him to Ayan Xirsi which is utterly wrong and uncalled for....

I'm out and May Allah s.w guide us all Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.