Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Where does your name come from?

Pucca   

pucca is a korean cartoon character...the few clips i've seen were funny, she has an odd way of going about things *that sounds familiar*.

<that's her dancing her famous chop stick dance.

Raage   

my name Raage...for those of u hu know it as LATE..wrong....

the name is after the former king of somalia..(the first 1) Raage Ugaas....

Endeavour was the name of Capital Cooks ship , the very one that discovered NEw Zealand! Since I am from New Zealand I thought it was a cute name to use :D And if you look closely enough in my avater you might be able to see the Fern Leaf its a symbol used by New Zealand international sports team!

nemo   

Thanks people for sharing your stories where your names come from. And what they mean for some. But we are still waiting for those long and difficult names, the somali ones specailly. :D

My Nickname was inspired by LayZie Bone of Bone Thugs N Harmony.(wuv em, but I wuv LayZie Bone more)

Most pple here assumed I was just LayZie, and there is some truth to that, but the actual inspiration of the Nickname came from that cutie LayZie Bone, he is hotstuff eh.

Intel   

Originally posted by Endeavour:

Endeavour was the name of Capital Cooks ship , the very one that discovered NEw Zealand!

kia ora Endeavour, just a quick correction

captain cook did not discover Aotearoa :mad:

i believe this dude (captian cook) was trying to discover america... he went the opposite of columbus (east to west) and ended in cook islands!! fyi...!

I picked Ahura at random, much like Aeronwen and Zephyrine. Velvet Revolution, Aeryn Sun and Disillusioned-N-Despondent were character handles.

I think only Barwaaqo had any meaning, but she died. RIP.

nemo   

Originally posted by rudy:

i believe this dude (captian cook) was trying to discover america... he went the opposite of columbus (east to west) and ended in cook islands!! fyi...!

Sorry mate your wrong, Captian Cook was actaully looking for Australia not America. By then they already discovered America mate.

But end up in New Zealand, then finally find Australia after New Zealand because he new that NZ was too small and not the country they were looking for.Man didn't know was going to need history classes back at the days in Primary School. :D

Originally posted by rokko:

quote:Originally posted by Endeavour:

Endeavour was the name of Capital Cooks ship , the very one that discovered NEw Zealand!

kia ora Endeavour, just a quick correction

captain cook did not discover Aotearoa :mad:
Rokko do you mind passing me the boxing gloves the kangaroo is wearing I wouldnt mind giving you a left-hook jap :D What nonsense are you on about dear? please tell me you dont seriously believe the chinise were the first to discover New zealand??? Technically speaking moaris were the first however Capitain Cook was the first European to land on the shores of Aotearoa!