Sign in to follow this  
B

What Sacrifices Are You Making This Ramadan?

Baluug   

I wonder which is worse for qabiil garbage, paltalk or somalinet? Both are horrible though and I have to admit I frequent both places at times :D

P.S. Marx, I'm guessing no to your question about classical music but I'm no sheik so I don't know for sure.

As for me, my major sacrifice is quitting smoking insha Allah.

Originally posted by Mostapha Dualeh:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

And after bishaan barakeysan what happens?

Back to one's routine, without the slightest irony of understanding bisha soonka micnaha ka dambeyso oo loo soo dajiye.

I never understood dadka caabudo kaliya bisha soonka, qaas ahaan dadka caayda iyo afxumada kaliya joojiyo ama try to only in this particular month, then meesha kasii wado waxee ku dhex jireen after bishaan. Ramadaan after Ramadaan. War 11 bil kaleba buugga dambiga lagu qoro ama ajirka waa furanyahay hala ogaado.

Are you so perfect that your ramadan routine is the same as all the other times. Ramadan is a special month and this is why i cut down on my many habits so that i can find the strength to cut it during the rest of the year.
Qof kaamilnimo ka hadlaayo iska yar. You wrote:

"Music, going out to bars and clubs and Chewing every other Friday night."

The tone of that sentence can be interpreted you are ready to go back to those activities once this month passes. You are only 'sacrificing' those activities, and I may assume, ready to go back to that lifestyle once Ciid day passes.

Eniwey, kuligeenba Eebba ha naga wada aqbalo soonkeena iyo salaadeena, jidka toosana ha nagu toosiyo, whether this month or next. Aamiin to that.

Soon wanaagsan.

Ibtisam   

Mostapha good luck, may the change carry over.

The fact that many people stop bad or unlawful act is not something to mock or look down upon, it is actually an encourage sign that they are aware that these acts are not good and unlawful. Further more, people are aware that fasting is more than abstaining from food and water, so they are fulfilling the conditions to ensure their fast is possible one of the ones accepted by Allah.

In Ramdan all our actions are from us, as shitan is locked away, so it gives us a chance to look at our behavior more critically without shitan making unlawful things look pretty. In addition gradually your iman will build up as you stop indulging in your previous nightly/daily sins, and for some after Ramdan they never go back to their previous life styles. Most significant changes in my life I’ve made on the back of Ramdan. So good luck to anyone who is trying to make a change.

B   

MMA,

''The tone of that sentence can be interpreted you are ready to go back to those activities once this month passes. You are only 'sacrificing' those activities, and I may assume, ready to go back to that lifestyle once Ciid day passes.''

Why are you so judgemental. You seem to have a condescending attitude towards people. Your not perfect yourself so please iska amuus yh!

Ibtisam, thanks your advice. really appreciate it.

Aaliyyah   

All the best guys on your sacrifices.

For me inshallah its all abt praying and reading Quran more often than usual...and yeah minimizing the time I spend on tv, internet etc..

inshallah May Allah stand by us..and inshallah may these changes persist throughout the year.

salaam

B   

late night telephone calls. a big NO No. especially since many can go on for hours.