Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Ayaan Hirsi Ali on CBS 60 Minutes tonight

Sky   

OK in the career department, but why narrow it down like that? What is the significance of underlying that? As if it would make any difference. Word is, she is not succesful. To emphasize someone's career development drives away focus on things that really matter in life. A lonely workaholic who slept her way to CEO of a company is less successful than a janitor carrying her/his principles and beliefs high and dry.

SoMa_InC   

Ayan this, Ayan that!! Damn why yall giving this mentally suffocated and intelectually destitute xalimo the attention she is deprived of? May be she is somewhere chilling and reading through this replies conjecturing of her fans in SOL.

I hate her with passion! She is a disgrace and menace to all the Somali race.

First off Ayan Hersi has taken advantage of 9/11 – than she began to discredit Islam because those attitudes began gaining popularity at that time. As a politician in terms of career – think she used her triple threat affirmative action rights to get in. But I won’t hate on her personal achievements further.

As an intellectual – I really question her ability and the kind of rational she uses. How can you advocate cultural genocide when you’re a minority yourself? She fails to understand that there are many Muslims who are unable, and unwilling because they’ve got a strong faith, to give into kufar tendencies. Than if she is advocating the destruction of socially stigmatized minority groups – she needs to start with herself.

On a personal note, I think it is irrelevant to continue this debate, because it seems to be one sided, aside from Olef’s support for her personal achievements and in which many of you agree on – but her political beliefs are not defended her, so we’re only backbiting so lets end it.

Unless there are nomads who believe in cultural integration, assimilation, and who are secularist, and support Ayan Hersi for her accomplishments becuz whe happens to be a refugee from Somalia [the feminist camps argument]--- then, please stand up and state your case --- you won’t be harassed for having those believes.

Sky   

You're right Athena, you and I are dancing in circles. To our next encounter on a hopefully more interesting topic with a more productive discussion. I like your style of debating.

Feminism scheminism. :rolleyes:

This reminds me a debate sometime back about 'If means justify ends'. If you think Yes. Then she has done well for herself. If you think No. Then she hasnt.

Castro   

you have questionned the existence of Allah SWT encouraged consumption of alcohol and also encouraged homosexual relationships.

Sounds like the resume of the devil. Tell me how you really feel.

So speak the truth please, do you admire her political achievements ONLY or the fact that she is doing something you approve of (undermining Islam on a public sphere).

I do admire Fatuma Nur whom I did a little research on. Although there's not much information on here as there is on Hirsi Ali.

It is not lost on me that western media salivates over anyone who speaks ill of Islam. That agenda is not hidden nor is it subtle. However, the achievements of Hirsi Ali are not to be taken lightely only because western media has it in for Islam.

Castro   

She began her career snitching on the Somali community in the Netherlands to the Dutch government through an advisory board she worked for. She handed over her report on two different aspects of the Somali community's collective misdemeanors, namely; The mass exodus to the United Kingdom and fake divorces which many Somali families did to receive double the amount of welfare. Luckily the Dutch didn't take any action and the Somali community were left alone.

Hmmm. Welfare and immigration fraud are not misdemeanors.

PS. Is there some kind of specific influence that made you and your dear friend Togane forget the beauty of Islam?

I can't speak for Mr. Togane but I'll tell you this: Islam and the almighty are not really what I have an issue with. It's more like the second hand religionists out there that get on my last nerve.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Seriously, what is so important about this woman or what she has to say? Why you making her that important?

What I don't get is; this woman's vile comments can be posted in here but when a member of SOL expresses something nowhere as her views they get banned. How does it work?

Baluug   

A lot of people are saying we should stop talking about Ayaan because all she is looking for is fame and we have made her a star overnight.Maybe that is the case,but I think that as Muslims,we need to talk about it and express our anger,because if we stay quiet,there'll be dozens more just like her and they'll just walk all over us.I don't care if she gets what she wants,this is just the duniya,remember.

This must be the Ayan Hirsi Fan Club.

To think I didn't even know this woman existed till she started popping up on SOL threads every other month.

Still can't see what the fuss is about. Offensive hypocrites are a dime a dozen wherever you look.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

a dime a dozen

Sorry ma'am, but what do you mean by that? Correct men if I am wrong:

a dime=10 cents

a dozen=12

a dime a dozen=10 cents x 12=120 cents

^ Oh look, it's Mr Literal. Must you be so pedantic? A dime a dozen is simply a phrase used to mean you can buy a lot for a little. As in a dozen for just the dime?

Go on, ask me something else.

i some how smell many potential future ayaans in here!

how come somali ppl cant be nice to each other anymore, their diin / daqan or their country!!

where have we lost R E S P E C T!! must we be just bone heads like the neanthratalls!! :eek:

lord have merci!!