Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Ayaan Hirsi Ali on CBS 60 Minutes tonight

Castro   

This is a repeat of the Morley Safer interview with Ms. Hirsi Ali. If you missed it the first time, make sure not to miss it this time.

Check your local listings, 60 Minutes on CBS 19:00 EDT.

OG_Girl   

^^She is a cute but sounds older than 31... Maybe the 31 is the qahooti age not the real one icon_razz.gif

Seriously, what is so important about this woman or what she has to say? Why you making her that important?

We got a lot like her here but they don't get this change she is getting from Uncle Sam's land!!...Hard luck lady!

Salam

Pujah   

I think her big forhead says alot about her inteligence......don't even know why anyone would care what this lady has to say :rolleyes:

Haddad   

Originally posted by Ay Kutubo:

I think her big forhead says alot about her inteligence

Madam, surely you don't mean that. People do not have the choice to have a particular kind of forhead.

Pujah   

Originally posted by Haddad:

quote:Originally posted by Ay Kutubo:

I think her big forhead says alot about her inteligence

Madam, surely you don't mean that. People do not have the choice to have a particular kind of
forhead
you are right....but they do have a choice in how they present themself

Baluug   

OG GIRL LOOOL she is not cute wallahi she is the ugliest somali woman I've ever seen,something wrong with her!!She looks like 41,not 31

Castro   

You really can't help but admire this woman. It takes a lot of courage to say what she did with all the foaming-at-the-mouth mullahs after her.

Kudos.

Caveman   

I Don’t see the importance of this thread,

Ofleh,…I have seen few of your replies in these SOL forums to conclude

You are suffering from IPS (Islamic phobia syndrome), cut the crap and name one word from any of her claims that was admirable.

Castro   

I have seen few of your replies in these SOL forums to conclude

You are suffering from IPS (Islamic phobia syndrome)

Among other syndromes.

cut the crap and name one word from any of her claims that was admirable.

I think she's admirable because she has accomplished much in the face of much adversity. Her opinions on Islam are not the whole sum of what she is. It is a part of her. Hate it or love it, it is there and it doesn't take away from her accomplishments.

She's 35, an academic, a member of a political party that is part of the government. Not many women, let alone Somali refugees, can say they've made those strides by this age. I would be very proud of my daughter if she is that accomplished at that age.

Haddad   

Well, she didn't seem at ease. She doesn't appear to be a smart politician. A smart politician would choose his/her choice of words carefully. A smart politician would keep his/her twisted beliefs & opinions to him/herself. The last thing a politician would want is inflaming a public. But then, Ayan might have been hired to do that. I think Ayan's 15 minutes of fame have long expired. Individuals like Ayan self-destruct from within. Stress, solitude (having divorced her family & society), anxiety and a host of other psychological factors could have a toll on her before she could meet Van's fate.

Baluug   

Originally posted by ofleh:

She's 35, an academic, a member of a political party that is part of the government. Not many women, let alone Somali refugees, can say they've made those strides by this age.

What good are those "accomplishments" if you compromise your beliefs and turn your back on your country to achieve them?I could care less if she was the president of this kufar government,she won't get an ounce of respect from me.The hard-working Somali mothers of anywhere from 1 to 100 children deserve a tremendous amount of respect and they don't get as much as they deserve,yet you say you admire this woman for what she's done?I say NACALA TUULA CALEEG to this miserable excuse for a woman!!!!

As Somalis we tend to be reactionary most of the time, especially when someone from our own culture uses inadequate discourse against the religion. Ayan Hersi is an idealist, propagandists and a mouthpiece for cultural colonialists. She believes that other cultures within Europe should assimilate and adapt to western culture – Ayan Hersi has waged war against Islam by suggesting that Muslim families should not force the hijab on girls [at a young age], and those girls should have voice and exist – I think religion becomes a choice for us at some point – but she’s suggesting that muslim families should not teach the religion to their children at a young age – than what should they learn Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, but not Islam – or should they simply become godless academics like her?

Should they believe in human spirituality and that nothing exists out there - and the ‘we are here now’ attitude does not work for all of us.

If she is advocating human agency within Islam, I think it’s a bit pathetic to assume that it didn’t exist in the first place. She portrays islam as a hostile religion, when its not. I think we give her a sense of defeat and purpose who we deploy reactionary tactics against her ideology. Ayan has waged war against multiculturalism in her own nation – did she forget that she is a minority to begin with and that her host nation will always see her as a minority.

Again we have to ask ourselves, whether she is intriguing, or is she a mouthpiece for the the anti-Islamic movement – girls stay away from radical feminism.

Taqwa   

I think when she said that the prophet (pbuh) was a perverted tyrant, I had to stop watching and turn it off. Nacala Tuala Caleek!