Sign in to follow this  
Crystal_Clear

Can muslim women wear perfume in public?

Pujah   

perfume cannot hide your bio odor uff ...i was in training with this lady and she smelled disgusting with hint of catar ...she almost caused me my soon :mad:

Pucca   

Not everything is written in the quran dear, there are hadiiths (practices and preachings of the prophet) that state that a woman shouldnt go out of her home with strong perfume, because other men will follow the scent; the prophet also likened a women who goes out with such strong scents to a women who has committed zina.

Now this isnt to say that we should smell bad when we leave the house...you just shouldnt take a bath in your fav bottle of perfume.

that answer your question?

peace and bless

-Lily-   

CC, like Pucca said you can wear perfume dear as long as you're not giving free advertisement for the scent. Don't give a second thought to those men who get pleasure from screaming NO! as if they are smashing you with the Word of God.

Can a Muslim woman be left in peace for 5 mins without the whole world deciding on her fate? :mad: :mad:

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

why not? can somebody tell me where in the quran its say women cant wear perfume?

:D:D

Why do I have the suspicion that you walk around with a copy of the Quran in your pocket? Ok. Take it out and open it on the following:

Page 548, Chapter 28, Sorah 59 and Aayah 21. :D

Blessed   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

why not? can somebody tell me where in the quran its say women cant wear perfume?

:D:D

Why do I have the suspicion that you walk around with a copy of the Quran in your pocket? Ok. Take it out and open it on the following:

Page 548, Chapter 28, Sorah 59 and Aayah 21.
:D
Looool. That's a very good point ;)

Ibtisam   

Loool @ Ngonge.

Farah's should not be able to follow your perfume trail, causing them to look at you and desire you. :rolleyes: It is all about making their life's easier and saving yourself from the hassle and danger. Like Pucca mentioned it has been likened to committing zina, so try avoiding it outside your home. Failing to do that, moderation is the key. I cannot imagine using the London underground without burying my face in scent, but at the same time, unless someone made it their business to sniff me or something, I don’t leave a trail.

As a Muslim you should have a pleasant smell, cleanness and fresh look, you should not look like you slept outside in your clothes and people kuu diibsaatan maaha because of your smell (good or bad)

Ibtisam   

As far as I'm concerned ALL Men "are wild animals, who just cant control themselves" smile.gif But farahs waa iido aadaadgyihiin :D

*ducks**

P.s. Before you start asking about my male family members, they are not included, nor are my friends, workmates, teachers, or anyone I know, just the strangers :D