Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Now that the Somali Passport is no more ...

Wonder what the Warlords would do to travel and create mayhem rather than peace. About time they realised they can be inprisoned within the confinements of their lil strong holds. Without the support of the neighbouring countries and mostly Arab states like UAE how would they ever trade and most of all travel? Dubai was a main market for Somalis but now that they are not offering visas to somali passports who is to blame?

Below is a report regarding the Somali passporrts. Interesting read.

Business in Somali passports...

Rahima   

Just another sad reminder of our failures as a nation :( .

Damn those warlords and their blind followers.

Arwa   

The passport it self meant nothing from the start, there weren't much you can do with it!

What is a passport without a government for 14yr's? :(

Maca'salaama

44.gif

OG Moti   

This issue is serious to me … now I am stuck where I am .. with no hope to move on… see recently I tried to visit Vietnam and they said sorry we no longer give visas to Somali passport holders, Thailand the same case, Indonesia, not to mention Hong Kong and Japan, Korea and other neighboring countries … Malaysia is as far as I can go, actually the only country I can go.. I am university instructor (preferred professor in Cambodia), with a very good salary but I can travel no where, when a backpacker, child abuser, can travel freely it just pisses me off.. The war lords Sins are paid by a whole nation isn’t that sad? They have no shame or a drop of human dignity … they are the lowest human being as far as I am concern.. and I wish they die in the worse form possible and in the next life a bullet-train to Hell the deepest part of it… say aamiin..

They took our dignity from us … we are lower than animals … to me Somalia is dead till these animals disappear with the help of God (nacalad ha kudhacdo ilaahey ayaan ubaryay) peace

Tuujiye   

lol Og-moti..

Inta mid ku qabo si ee kuu siiso canadian passport or american...kuwa carabta joogo ma heystaan passport any ways..lol..

ileen gaad gaad aa ku jirtay for a longtime..combodia aa kanooco kugu dishay..lol..

Some of the benefits of a government are things like passports, a sense of belonging and security. Apoint where you can go when you are in deep shiid (Embassy) and most of all foregners wouldnt treat you like an outcast without a home.

Im wondering now what bro OG would do especially since ones job/business depends on a working visa that usually goes hand in hand with apassport. Shame that we are a countryless people and have nothing to be proud of. A self inflicted situaion might I add too.

NGONGE   

It doesn’t matter, man. Somalis always find a way round these little obstacles. They banned the Somali passport because it’s false? Well, the same guys who produced false Somali passports can produce false American ones and they definitely can produce false Kenyan ones. Where there is a will, there is Mosoq Masiq!

Plus, you can always ask inadeerka Kuwait, Dubai ama London jooqa to send you his passport if you really needed to travel for medical reasons, etc.

Salma   

NGONE, no more inadeerka jooga Kuwait or Dubai or anywhere else in the Gulf. Believe me if the authorities find out that u are using a passport which doesnt belong to you; they gonna HOST YOU VERY WELL in their jails for 6 to 10 months then send you back to your country.

I dont know if its true or not, but the incident of trying to attack the American Embassy in Abu Dhabi by a somalie guy was the reason behind stoping the visas for the somalis.

Blessed   

I dont know if its true or not, but the incident of trying to attack the American Embassy in Abu Dhabi by a somalie guy was the reason behind stoping the visas for the somalis.

So the ban every Somali from going into their country. That's just evil man :mad:

But you know what people, Somalis only get bullied by carabta cos they let them. There are many Educated 'Emirati' Somalis who can tlobby the government about this... but i guess they dhoon keer!

Salma   

Take it easy sis Ameenah. The government banned your passport, what you gonna tell them, Beg them not to do that and tell them" Forgode sake, we have no government".

Besides, it happened really that the EDUCATED & qualified somalis (that you are talking about) with the highest and best positions in the Petroluem, Telecommunications and banking sectors here in UAE raised something like a petition to the Sheikh asking him to consider and let the somalis who were fired from their jobs earlier while their children were studying in the schools and having exams to stay till the children can finish their schools but nobody listened to them. You cant beg everytime

The warlords destroyed our lives and scattered their ppl everywhere. Besides even these forgery cases are adding more troubles.

Whom to blame, the educated somalis and the other governments or the somali warlords and the forgery makers :mad:

Blessed   

Emmy,

Look darlin, I wasn't intending to offend the Somali Arabs. Laakin, truth is we let Arabs bully us. I'm not saying that we 'beg them' walaalo. Because, we ain't no beggars, the Somalis there are educated, hold high positions and have been contributing to their blooming economy for decades if not centauries.

What angers me is that some of them adopt this 'inferior' position and just sit back and be grateful that they aint the poor maryooley in Xamar that may one day be in desperate need of of Hospital treatment in Dubai.

People forge passports all the time and it isn't only exclusive to Somalis. So, why is it that they are singled out!

Remember even Bin Laden was allowed to get hospital treatement in DUbai when he was wanted for acts of terror.

But thats, beside the point. I'm wondering why the Somalis there aren't doing anything to change the situation? I don't mean beg them but demand that they lift the ban.

You know, why...same reson why there are other in the qurbo who fund the warlords. It doesn't effect them :mad: :rolleyes:

Whom to blame, the educated Somalis and the other governments or the somali warlords and the forgery makers

1. The government who bans the passport

2. The farax's who forge the passport

and then

3. The war lords responsible for creating a situation where passports had to be forged

4. The Somalis who are in a position to do something about it - but turn a blind eye.

Macalesh though, as my girl Nakruuma says: eferi dhoog haas dhaay

It’s really strange to see people who are accepting corruption as part and parcel of the Somali community. I find it hard to believe what Ngonge is suggesting here. It’s not right to live in the shadowy world of fakers. We should be seen as a people who can rise above these petty thefts that have almost engulfed out society from top to bottom.

When you say we can always find ways it means you have to always look behind your shoulders and be very uncomfortable when you should be happy to be where you are or even go wherever you want without worries.

The fact of the matter is Somalis are looked as the trash of the world. Why? Because everywhere We go turns to disaster and whatever they touch smells of corruption through and through. We have put ourselves in this situation and the best way to get out is probably to rise up and really fight for our survival both on the home and ofcouse try to stick together outside. The countries that we live in and call home can never be a substitute of home, what we are proud of now is kinda hollow till we get our home in order starting with clearing of these horrid warlords who are sucking both the blood of the Somali people and at the same time make Somali look trash in most foreign countries.

There is a need to fight fight tooth and nail for what’s ours ….OUR COUNTRY!!!!

Macalin   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Macalesh though, as my girl Nakruuma says: eferi dhoog haas dhaay

----HEHEHE! SWEET!

Ok another reason for me to hate on ABDULLAH!--err the ABDULLAH govt.

Anyways,time and time again,Abdullah..err the Govt, has failed the somali masses by denying them basic refugee benefits!

Many occasions,from the Livestock Ban,to Inability to mediate peace agreements and many other instances, the Abdullahs Have shown that they do not care abt the somali --I had issues with this for a while untill i realised,that this is beyond being racist but rather WEAKNESS from the GOVTS...

Amomg the weaknesses i have noted:

Their inability to SOLVE the Palastenian ISSUE

Their Inability to STOP the WAR in IRAQ(diplomatically)to some extenct even supporting the war

Their Inability to Establish ISLAMIC Govts and basically the REFUSAL to FORM ISLAMIC Gvts.

Their Unwillingness to FREE the UMMAH and supress MODEST islamic SCHOLARS

As a result of the examples above and many others that i cannot go thru right now, i have come to the CONCLUSION that ,the ARAB Govts are nothing but a BUNCH of Bedions(sp?),Who By ALLAH's will STRUCK oil in the desert..hence a bunch of QAMIS CLAD ROB DRAGGING Incompetent LEADERS in MODERN ARABIA.

This is when i wished the early LEADERS and empires had struck oil!

Yea----