Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

ladies....what does ur scent (perfume) say about u.....

-Lily-   

Channel 'Coco' and Christian Dior 'J'dore'. But you would have to come real close to get a wiff because there is no need for free advertisements, perfumes are personal...

Pucca   

QUOTE___________________________________________

classy, elegant also maybe serious?..... serious as in ...cautious and quiter....not as talkative...am guessing....get back to me about the validity of my assumptions.

------------------------------------------------

right on about classy, but moi serious? quiet? oh god forbid no!

x_quizit   

kruella...u know every theory has its pitfalls..but at least i was right with one of them....

let's analyze J'adore....timeless...elegant...somewhat conservative scent...

p.s.-Bohemian...off topic...im voting for DA name to come back, if ur taking votes that is.. smile.gif ...no reason...if not...rock on!

peace

Diamante   

oh please, j'adore is overrated! It smells nice don't get me wrong but, why the hell does every girl and woman gotta use it. Sometimes u will enter a room and all the women are smelling of j'adore...i get a strange sense of nausea then.

variation...thats whats nice

Faheema.   

I am quite a collector, and I the ones I refill (favorites) the most are Channel Allure Allure , Guggi Rush & Moschino Cheap’n’Chic

cfn_CHEAP___CHIC_W.JPG

What do they say about me??? hmmm....I like Sweet smelling things ;)

NinBrown   

Hi girls and guys....

Just wantted to interupt and bring you down to islam....its haram for a girl to wear perfume and go outside her house...here is the evidence..

please read...please read....

Praise be to Allaah.

The point of reference for Islamic rulings must be the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, not one’s own opinion, mood, desire or ideas about what is nice. Concerning this very issue many reports have been narrated which strictly forbid this (women wearing perfume when they go out). These reports include saheeh ahaadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade women to wear perfume when they go out of their houses:

Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any woman who puts on perfume then passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, is an adulteress.â€

Zaynab al-Thaqafiyyah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you (women) goes out to the mosque, let her not touch any perfume.â€

Abu Hurayrah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any woman who has scented herself with bakhoor (incense), let her not attend ‘Ishaa’ prayers with us.â€

Moosa ibn Yassaar said that a woman passed by Abu Hurayrah and her scent was overpowering. He said, “O female slave of al-Jabbaar, are you going to the mosque?†She said, “Yes,†He said, “And have you put on perfume because of that?†She said, “Yes.†He said, “Go back and wash yourself, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘If a woman comes out to the mosque and her fragrance is overpowering, Allaah will not accept any prayer from her until she goes home and washes herself.’â€

The reason for this prohibition is quite clear, which is that women’s fragrance may cause undue provocation of desires. The scholars also included other things under this heading of things to be avoided by women who want to go to the mosque, such as beautiful clothes, jewellery that can be seen, excessive adornments and mingling with men. See Fath al-Baari, 2/279.

Ibn Daqeeq al-‘Eed said:

This indicates that it is forbidden for a woman who wants to go to the mosque to wear perfume, because this causes provocation of men’s desires. This was reported by al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer, in the commentary on the first hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah quoted above.

Having examined all this saheeh evidence, there can be no room for debate or argument. Muslim women have to understand the seriousness of the issue and the sin involved in going against this shar’i ruling. They should remember that they are going out to seek reward, not to fall into sin. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

By the way, we recently read that biologists have discovered a sexual gland in the nose, i.e., there is a direct connection between the sense of smell and the provocation of desire. If this is true, then it is one of the signs that prove even to the kuffaar how precise are the rulings of this sharee’ah which came to preserve chastity and to block the ways that lead to immorality.

Yeah, J'adore is nice too...but find it quite strong.

X..did you confuse me with Bohemian Chick? :D

Nini, thats nice. Can you try to include an ayaat in that long paragraph you posted?

x_quizit   

Da..lol...yeah i did....old age setting in...same avatar threw me off...i vow to be more diligent next time b4 i mix things up.... redface.gif

About the no-wearing perfume thing....i heard that as well...and i think its ok as long as ur not taking a bath in it....and it makes sense not to wear it to a mosque b/c the idea is praying not alluring men to our dens....a puff will do...

peace

here is me list

1. Ja'dore christian dior ( absolutelt adore it)

2. Guggi Rush

3. Calvin Klein contradiction

4. Tommy girl

5. Nina Ricci (can't remember what the perfume was called)

6. Light blue

so when do I use them?

Ja'dore - when Im dressed nicely (n when meeting him ;) )

rush- girls nights out (Fridays)

C_k contradiction - on special occasions

Nina ricci- aaah this 1 is too good to be used you have to use this carefully i tell ya....it might give the lads the wrong idea

Tommy - it matches my casual clothes