Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Would you get married while going to college?

Jaabir   

I do respect all the views expressed on this thread thus far, nonetheless I have a question for those who think getting married while in school is not an option, Have you considered the age factor? Do you know that the more you grow older the harder it will be for you to marry the person who has the qualities you want! especially the ladies… I guess what I am trying to say is this….

Are you worried you wont find that special person when you are finally done with school and understandably is older in age? Do you fear having to lower your standards because your clock is ticking and your chances are not as good as before?

I would like to hear what u guys think..

"Are you worried you wont find that special person when you are finally done with school and understandably is older in age? Do you fear having to lower your standards because your clock is ticking and your chances are not as good as before?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One quick comment, not all women want to have children!!!!

JASMIINE   

"Do you know that the more you grow older the harder it will be for you to marry the person who has the qualities you want! especially the ladies"

LOL@Darman, have u done a study that the older u are the harder it will be to find someone who meets ur qualities. some people think its the other way around. image if u married the first person u ever dated wouldnt u be wondering if u had the chance to meet other people. it makes some sense the older u get(preferly not over thirty)the better for u to define the qualities u want in a mate and thus a better change for u to spot the person u want spend the rest of ur life with.

Going back to ur q's i can say for one am not affraid to go to college graduate and have a life after without getting married ;)

Miriam1   

Worried no...isnt marriage ismat wa nasib as the arabs say.

Yea tis true not all women want to have children,but personally i find that to be the most unfortunate choice a person could make. You have the chance to bring into this world a child that can growup to be a benefical factor to our Islamic Ummah, growing up in this western society with its priviliges but endowned with our islamic values..so the child may have the best of the two worlds. Its diffuclt to find a good Muslim country these days where u simply have the rites you have in North American for example.Man thats one helluva a task so yea many women dont care to take it on.

Lol sorry about my rabbling its just one of my days :D

zynab   

what your guys are weird you can't be married and study at the same time too that's just not on.married in when your at highschool stanger to me at that time all i was thinking about is music and what i was going to wear the next day, who i was going to annoy for the rest o f the day ,

but i am at university doing commerce and computing papersand i sill don't want to get married yet i just don't thinks like that but my friends that's all they think and talk about it. i was thought the people who marrried young were the ones who just couldn't wait or something .

Personally, I doubt it.

As for your latest question, I would have to agree with Ruba. Waa nasiib. You can't get everything you desire in this world. A woman knows her priorities if she believes that she can't achieve her goals with a family, then that's the decision she'll have to live with. I think everything in this world requires an effort. Therefore upon graduation if she decides she 110% ready it's another challege finding the right mate.

Some sisters can balance family and school, I say more power to ya. As for me, Allahu Aclam (God knows)

Hey Darman, don't get paroid on me I aint stalking your posts today I just happen to run into many of them today. Hmmm..u plan on taking a vacation anytime soon? kidding!!!!

Jaabir   

Tamina... you better not stalk me or else :mad:

Naah.. u cool..anyways.. i guess its pretty easy for you girls to postpone the marrige issue right now because ya all are still young (i am guessing between 18 and 24) but let yourself pass the 27 barrier and you will see how worried you will become about getting married...

and i completly disagress with SOS, life is nothing without kids.. and i dont think there is a sane man or women out there who dont want to have kids..

Waaq   

Not while still at university. You are young have fun meet ppl, experiment, stuff like that. Maybe in grad school if you choose, it would be easier with some stability in your life.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Nice topic Darman--I always thought getting married while in college would ruin everything I had been hoping to achieve. I had refused to get married twice just bc I'm in college, now this being my third year in college my attitude changed--Now I just say if he's the right mate then why not. I know is not impossible to be married and college, is all abt time management, goals, sacrifices and working together to acheive those goals.

As for the 2nd question, no am not worried abt getting married, cause nothing occurs unless allah has planed it so. There are ppl out there who dont want to have kids but that is soo unfortunate, I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to have a child.

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

walaal remember ,the best that ever happened to me is getting hitched, walaahi, not long ago i was having the same panic attack like going to school how can i support a family, but not only did i get married i am also in grad school, so yes it is the best thing that ever happened to me, and for my experience alone, go for it, you will never regret it, but remember marriage is not made for every 1, that badge of honor is only reserved for the few , and the proud ones. No imitations wanted in marriage, either you get it or you don't. So if you don't have an appetite for it just watch it from inside out.

But to those who R married you know , when you come home and your best friend(wify) is waiting for you, how jittery you get. maashallah,somehow i sounded like commercial ,lol

c/salaam

asalaamu alaykum

Originally posted by Darman:

Are you worried you wont find that special person when you are finally done with school and understandably is older in age? Do you fear having to lower your standards because your clock is ticking and your chances are not as good as before?

I would like to hear what u guys think..

You realize most of us will be 22 yrs old when we're done with our bachelors degree. That's hardly old! But I do agree the sooner one's married the better.

salaam

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum:

For me the answer would be NO, because I would like to have accomplished my goals first, and I would find it difficult being married during that period.But, Allah knows best.

Ithink it's grear idea to get marry if right person comes alone. if you are single never been marry before the only thing you think about most important is SEX SEX and SEX. GET marry if you get the right person.

Marriage is beuatifull thing it makes you calm ,comfortable with yours self, and responsable.

Calm: You don't have to think about SEX any more.

Comfortable with yourself: You don't have to impress someone new every time, you have someone who loves you of who you are.

Responsable: You feel like you're older now that you are responsable of someone.