Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Would you get married while going to college?

Jaabir   

The benefits of getting married are enormous, and those benefits increase when marriage occurs sooner rather than later. guarding yourself against committing adultery would be one major benefit, nevertheless, marriage can be quite rewarding if you are with a person who cherishs you and is a true companion, the joy and happiness u experience may have you regret not getting married any earlier.. however, road to finding the right person can be a rocky one at best. There will be many false starts and disappointments along the way, and there will be even a lot of confusion in reaching the decision to finally get married.. most nomads will forbid the matrimony solely on the grounds of finishing college! Now given the fact that most of us here are students I would like to make this topic an experience exchange rather than discussion thread, So please truly and honestly answer this question..

Would you consider getting married while you are going to school ?

And if you are a student who got married while going to school or before, then please share your experience with us on how you found your soul mate, is it hard to be a student and a husband/wife ? Have you had any hardships ? and how did you deal with them..

Khayr   

Salamz,

Personally I would recommend for any student attending post secondary school i.e. University, College etc. to get married.

If you think that the people in high school are Jahils, wait till you reach University. Thats when ideologies are imprinted on you from left and right and campus life outside of the class is pure promiscuity. Meaning all people are doing is trying to get with each other. SEX, SEX AND MORE SEX is on every students mind.

If you get married inshallah, as a student you will be able to focus better on your studies. Since marriage forces responsibility on you, it will have inshallah have a positive effect on your academics.

I knew this brother once and he was a very playful but disoriented Farah. He met this sister in his program who was a practicing muslimah. They hung around at school doing assignments together. In the summer time after the first yr. (Can't remember the exact yr.), they got married. When I saw the brother the next yr., he was sporting a beard, academic attitude had changed and was much more up beat.

Anyways, hope inshallah you can get three cents to my two cents.

Fi Amanallah

Adna   

Salaams to all

I personally faithfully speaking beleive that you cn get marreid any time either high school or university collage. you know marriage is one of the things that our prophet mahamed (S C W) uu kula dar daarmay shabaabka any how i had a friend in high school bleive me walaahi she was married all four yr in high school. you can learn and have a familly at same time. Now i'm on my first yr of college i might get married during college time so it does all depends on you Guurku waa raxmad not culeys peace and love

LadyMo   

I think its a good idea to get married sooner rather than later but only if ur certain he/she's de one!

I'm at uni and I think gettin engaged is de best thing to do and then once u finish ur studies u can move in together and become proper hubby and wifey. Instead of doin sina but its just my thought many people disagree

A7LA-SHU   

yes if i find the right person comes while im in college now yeah i would get married..

if they are in college,unvi and they can wait for each other i think that is great idea too..

just as long they not in high school.. sorry but that is just crazy idea,

Hibaad   

Why not marriage doesn't stop u from studying..or doing what u really want to do with ur life as long as u know how to go about.

HONEY-D   

I seriously believe u can get married and at the same time carry on studying but i must say i've been against this idea of doing two things at the same time until i met this muslim gal. she is abt my age and got a cute lil baby and studying medicine at the same time.That's when i realised anything can be achieved if we put all our energy into it.

If i was to get married my hubby would have to be sum1 who has finished his education and has a job so that he can support me financially as well as mentally.

Baashi   

is it hard to be a student and a husband/wife ?

It is both challenging and rewarding. I would also like to point out that a whole lot depends on your situation. For instance your spouse's understanding and support, and your income.

Have you had any hardships ? and how did you deal with them..

Won't list them here as it is personal and private but I would say that one problem stands out and that is the time management and how u balance work, studying, commuting, and classes.

Best weapon at your disposal is understanding the system and taking whatever it offers. For instance, If things don't work out as you planned, as they sometimes will, you can take "I" grade and take the exam next semester instead of having "W" grade on your transcript or worse flanking. That way you won't fall behind cuz if you keep droping courses every time issues come up...u will get behind!

Having family, working, and going school is not a piece of cake. By the same token, it is not that a big deal...and if u look at it...your efforts and courage have direction and purpose...that's, as they say, what makes world round.

Let me close it by making this observation...ur response to Darman's question whether in affirmative or negative...will depend on whether u see schooling as a means to an end or the "end" itself.

Hope that helps.

shyhem   

Why not.Its pure halal sex, after along boring hour in a chemistry lecture.

Afterall whether u'r student or not, u will still feel like having the 'thing" and life will always be hard whether u 'are married or not.

well, if i share my opinion, i believe that its hard to mary during high school or university

iam a student at university doing my final year.

if i just assume marrying someone at this stage i believe i cant stand on that.

one has to marrry when he/she is capable of all the needity that a family needs.

one has to marry when he/she can be responsible of a family, not that u just grown up u have to marry, u need to have a house and u need to give time to ur partner...i dont think its easy work while doing school. when u r young i mean life prior to marriage is the time u should utilize in ur lifehood, and its not the time u should combine lot of different jobs and put in trouble to ur self, i believe marrying someone is trouble unless u carefully choose the right one and that needs to give time without doing anything else. and keep onething in ur mind....u r going to remain the rest of ur life with that person...but studies will be just a limited period, so plz first do complete ur studies succesfully than go for the next step that is marriage.

my dear sisters and bros that is my opinion.

and sorry hadii aan wax khalad ah ka sheegay dadkii iga horeeyay

peace and luv

Nazra   

Have u ever considered this: "what man on earth has money to do a wedding while attending uni"?

:confused:

Jaabir   
Believe it or not Nazra most of the couples who spend a lot of money on their wedding end up getting divorced, fancy wedding never been an essential element for a successful marriage, in the contrary, a couple who got married in hard times (while being students) and stuck with each other in adversity are most likely to be happy after either one graduates and starts working.. Marrige isn’t about wedding only.. its about commitment and the pure love and sacrifices you are willing to extend to your partner..

I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT AND I SURELY KNOW WHAT MOST STUDENTS THINK ABOUT(A.D.I.D.A.S). SO I ENCOURAGE ALL MY BOTHERS AND SISTERS TO MARRY AS SOON THEY FIND THE RIGHT PERSON.