Sign in to follow this  
Malika

Childhood

Aniga ciyaalnimo sooma marin. Rag badan oo maanta ila hadlaya ima barteen. ma Abwaan iyo xiin iyo Gheelaa i baran lahaa. bugle aan ku ciyaari jirnay ku dhehe. war anaga LandCruiser baa nalagu waday. :D

FB, Gammuun target practice games were used to be held at suuqa miijiska (that was a marked located at the bottom of the slope of Sayidka hill, and the presidential palace mind you was a stone throw away from the taaladda sayidka)at my days one or two times a week, and people used to gather around the old men doing it and watch. it was fun.

actually some of the boys we grew up togher are in mn, and I met one of them few ciids back.

Ducaysane, awoowe this thread is for those who were playing bugle when you were manning the checkpoints as Hangash soldier :D .

Castro   

^^^^ I don't see how you could remember anything when it has been so long. Weren't you telling me just the other day how you escaped Xamar when Afweyne's junta took over the government? And that you drove all the way to Kismayo????

I never left childhood.

Buuxo   

^hehe.

Lately my recent memories are sketchy.But I remember my childhood.My first day at dugsi and telling the macalin that im too young to learn Quran.Hiding one of the macaalin's shoes when we first fleed Xamar.Going to lush country town, playing hide & seek in Bosaaso,Selling gas in remote town in W.Galbeed.Coming to NZ,learning to ride Bicyle & playing cricket & skate boarding with the my brothers & wilaal cadaan.Getting into trouble with my dugsi teacher.

Cute stories.

I had a privileged childhood, alhamdulilaah.

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Childhood? Man, that seemed like a century ago.

Urm, is that because it was a century ago? icon_razz.gif

Well,Now I am Oday Duqoobay(Few Years From the Actual Bidaar-loof Sytle) I can only remember few things.

Being Gowsaar Plus LO raacid,Cadde being chased by a Hungry Hyena Because he went to a caaweys party and get lost in the Jungle.mmm,walee habeenkaas waa laygu Casheyn rabay.

Coming to Xamar and Going to the dugsi then becoming a hindi Movie addict.

Stealing few shillings from Hooyo and buying The girls some Nacnac so that they will play Doctor with you Especially marka ay Maamada Maqan tahay ama xataa marrarka qaar Luuqluuqyada.

My Eedos second aroos and How Boring I felt that Night and I eventually Ended up over eating and felt sick the other day.

I wasnt troublesome Child caruurta kalena lama dagaali jirin laakin markii lay daandaansato baan iska cilin jiray,Qofka markaan sabaaxad ku keeno oo aan dhulka dhigona kama kici jirin ilaa aan caro afka ugu buuxiyo.I feel bad. redface.gif

There are very interesting stories that somehow warps one the ol good, bad, sad and funny moments of ones life. I'm always taken back to moments of my childhood when I pass an area and there is a smell of roses and certain foods smells emanating from ones kitchen. I remember taking strolls around Kampala and passing by some posh area in the evening being hit by what we use to call Angel flower. This flower only hits the air at night and it had such a good smell you would want to sit under but the trouble with it was that it attracted snakes too as I was once startled by one early morning unsuspectingly making ma way to toilet. Lucky enough I had one of them birikas ya choo hehehehe n had to use it to defend myself. I remember one weekend when we were taken to a zoo and as always some of the best attractions where the chimps and as we passed by there was this chimp that was so excited to see the females passing by and as I was walking with ma cousin sister who was older, the bloody thing suddenly jumped towards her and there I was so scared I made my way towards safety and kaboom met with an iron bar which hit me so hard I feel down and almost passed out. A weekend that was meant to be so much fun but ended up with a fashionable bumpy head apic of an avery excited chimp. Loved it though. As I'm writing this I'm smiling and thinking of a lot more stuff that we as children used to get up to like driving away the indian sales man's car without even knowing where the breaks nor the gear was and him and my dad with the rest of the town in hot pursuit.... smile.gif and the abusive macaalin who almost yanked off my ear and told me never to tell my dad or else (as he showed me the debigaa)

One thing that always reminds me of back home is when my sister’s kids ask their mom where is their buug iyo qalin so they can write their Quraan for dugsi. I think to myself, how they’ll never experience khad aan riiqi jirnay oo dhalada lagu shuban jirnay right before dugsi. Xabagtaan geedaha kasoo guran jirnay sidaan khada ugu adkaano and make it thick enough so it can stick to the loox and sharing it with your friends. And also, covering school books with magazine or newspaper for jaldi. Buug kasta waa inuu jaldi cusub leeyahay every week. Childhood was fun!

Originally posted by Castro:

^^^^ I don't see how you could remember anything when it has been so long. Weren't you telling me just the other day how you escaped Xamar when Afweyne's junta took over the government? And that you drove all the way to Kismayo????

I never left childhood.

:D:D

Originally posted by GlassEyeGirl:

. And also, covering school books with magazine or newspaper for jaldi. Buug kasta waa inuu jaldi cusub leeyahay every week. Childhood was fun!

That,my friend was fun. I remember, the books from SOM were far more superior than the kenyan books. the quality of the paper was superb. So,it holds the magazine(jaldi) very well. You know,those book covers were green and it had a logo that said: "ITT"(where we would say it meant is tus tus). Wtf did it stand for, Maybe XIIN can tell me...

X11nos,niyow,nin gamuun tuuray hadaa tahay, ma yarid smile.gif