Sign in to follow this  
Malika

Childhood

SeeKer   

I guess you are right..........I never went to northern Kenya. I think I went everywhere but, even went to Turkana and Kitale which I loved cause it was an interesting experience as a child to say Ejoka?

Ejok

and also seeing people spit from a hole in their chin. :D

Malika   

FB,fabulous encounter..The joys of being a child ey!..Pick up rides were fun,mostly if traveling a long distance,the breeze!

nuune   

Nuune's memory of Kenya is stuck on Ugali and Maharagwe..lol

lool, actually not, ugaali is good, I do have good knowledge of Kenya, one time was in da bush deep inside, and I was nearly eaten by a lion, it is a long story, there was only one meter between me and the libaaxa, in da middle of the jungle all sides covered by trees, ooh well, I better not scare most of u cuz this is so shockin and crazy

Malika, oo michael palintuna maxey aheyd balaayada :D

Che lool, I have seen so much stuff sxb, maybe I blame da travellin I do most, but I can write books of many horrific things dat i have witnessed.

looooooool@and also seeing people spit from a hole in their chin :D:D

my childhood memories are still fresh, i remember the guluus on which i had my first fight, i remember the fargan from the carwada qaranka, i remember playing bugle in the dark, and the yool-yools in the well lid streets by baalle, and watching the gammuun games at suuqa miijiska, it was fun. I also remember the shoe polisher at baar bakkiin who somehow managed to scare me away from crossing the main road. i remember the macallin nur xeer we belong to, and the biimaaloow ziyaaro and the subsequent feast we enmoyed. i remember my brother bossing around in the bakara marker, renting mooto sheelaro, and bikes. i remember riding abu raas.

i remember my first shineemo that my sister took me, which was shineemo nasr and the hindi movies it played. i remember the tarabuun and october festivities we use to come to see, and the african village, the buildings that seemed classy at that time.

with all the memories in xamar, the scenes at the makiinada cajjiinka seem to be the most vivid. i leave for nuune to expound why is that : D

Malika   

Nuune..Loooool,Michael Palin of a BBC programme called..'80 days around the world with Michael Palin'..You have never seen it?

xiin,I too remember my first and last fight..Fought my friend over another friend,she actually shredded my skin with her nails,even worse once I got home,was whooped for allowing to be scratched..What school of thought was that??? :D:D

Originally posted by SeeKer:

I guess you are right..........I never went to northern Kenya. I think I went everywhere but, even went to Turkana and Kitale which I loved cause it was an interesting experience as a child to say
Ejoka?

Ejok

and also seeing people spit from a hole in their chin.
:D

Omg.Poor child. You went to Lodwar? did you stop by @lochiritit and loichangamatek? :D

Malika,i am telling,you these things never leave u.

nuune   

Malika, dee naagtii waalneed ee Alaska xukuntey unbaa maskaxdeyda ku soo dhacdey,

Odeygaas waan aqaanaa caatada badan :D

Xiin :D dakhar ay gabar igu dhufatey at makiinada cajiinka wali waa igu yaalaa, sidaa ugama harin maalin maalmaha ka mida ayaan tiitiin weyn ku dhax ridey gabartii ayadoo meel socota intaan gaadey lool it was horrible sxb

SeeKer   

FB lol I stopped a dozen places on the way there! It was fun going to use a water pump and fill jerry cans! Speaking of which the smell of lubaan always reminds me of Turkana cause the water was kept cool in a pot that had lubaan in it.

I didn't see it as a bad thing it was quiet enjoyable.

I am sure those memories can't be reconstructed, they will forever warm our hearts.

Malike that school of thought is called toughening up , africa was and still is a tough neighborhood and all parents try to prepare thier children stand on thier ground

nuune, gabadhii weli ma nooshahay :D:D ?

Malika   

^Nah,you were not,environment must have been rather devilish for you to have been an evil little boy.. icon_razz.gif ..A theory somewhere says,we are born with clean slates,then we learn from experience,markaa adigu where did you grow up?? :D:D

X11N,did you say Gamuun?- What kind of capital city did u grow up in? those are things Nuune would do in Burhaajey. smile.gif

Duceysane,when are u gonna talk about ur childhood abti? :D