Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

Jeopardy

raula   

My first choice=Baghdad-IRAQ? (Darul Hukama (House of Wisdom) founded by Harun-ar-Rashid)

others: China or Egypt?

Wiilo   

Oh, since we are on a topic of MiddleEast, can anyone tell me a country formerly known as "Mesopotamia" In ancient times?

By the way, "Mesopotamia" is a Greak.

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

LuCkY   

As-salaamu Alaikum,

Im gonna go ahead and answer your question WiiLo,

What is Modern Iraq and part of Syria.

Mesopotamia means "Land between the rivers"(Euphrates and Tigris).

Be Right Back with my question.

PEace :D !

STOIC   

Raula, very close indeed.The name i was looking for is ...What were the sumerians.This civilization between the tigres and euphrate river stored the earliest accumalation of written records.

Wiilo   

A little bit Summery of the Sumerian History:

The Sumerian civilization emerged upon the flood plain of the lower reaches of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers about 4000 B.C. The social structure of the Sumerians was decidedly different from other societies of that or later times. The Sumerian communities were city states organized around a temple and ruled by a priesthood. The bulk of the people of the community were considered to be the servant-slaves of the god of the temple. The insecurities of life justified the role of the priesthood. When calamities occured despite the best efforts of the priesthood this was explained as being the result of the actions of other gods acting in concert which over-ruled the wishes of the local god.

The Sumerians called their country ken.gi® 'civilized land', their language eme.gir and themselves 'the black-headed ones'.

Sumer may very well be the first civilization in the world although long term settlements at Jericho and Catal Huyuk predate Sumer and examples of writing from Egypt and the Harappa, Indus valley sites may predate those from Sumer.

http://civ3.indews.com/Civilization/sumerians.php

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Senora   

Stoic,

What happened to Iftar?...you didnt even attempt to come pick me up! You owe me now. p.s. you know I saw "larry King" the other day, we had a mouthful to say abt you! icon_razz.gif

Anyways, what happened to the question folks? Alright, how about when was the wheel invented?

LuCkY   

As-salaamu ALaikum,

Sorry guys for the deLay but I had to take care of somethin'.

Here is mine:

What is the ONLY country in the worLd that Lies on TWO continents?

PEace :D !