Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

Jeopardy

STOIC   

Thanks for your kindness, Sorry iam reading a book by Barrack Obama at the moment "dreams from my father" a good and intresting book about race relation in america.Go ahead and give me the place where i can find the Dadab refugee camp book.You may also want to look at that book by Obama (only the third black senator to be after reconstruction era).

Here comes the question:when did slavery ended officially?

raula   

^^^Yes, there is many variation..as there is to the Terms SLAVERY and SLAVE-TRADE. But here is what I so far remember from AFRICAN HISTORY CLASSES back in KENYA :D

The british govt/parliament was the first world power at the time to ban SLAVE TRADE, hence the ABOLIITION OF THE SLAVE-TRADE ACT in 1807(some variation,but around 1804-1805)-and any British ship/slave-businessmen who were caught trading were fined £100 for every slave on board-But we know this didn't stop the brits. And this led to the SLAVERY ABOLITION ACT passed by the British parliament in 1833 (notice the difference in SLAVERY and SLAVE-TRADE)-still this really didn't end in 1833-but atleast it passed as PHONY LAW :mad: Well hope that helps.

Here is my Question though: Where was QUININE (the medicine for MALARIA) discovered or originally grown(I have given you the hint already-now you know that is some kind of plant..but its the refined product that we see in the market currently).

raula   

^^sorry. STOIC correct; it originated from Latin America. So I guess I got the slavery Q right. Thx again.

Next Q: Who were the 3 women (Allah S.W. be pleased with them) referred to "Women of AL-JANNAH(paradise)" that the Prophet (S.A.W)mentioned?

raula   

^^you got one companion (Allah be pleased with her)correct-sorry still missing 2 :D

I will go by the magic #3 (i.e. if the 3rd person misses, then I will relay the answers insha-allah ).

raula   

OK-I will just answer my Q-coz I know many are hungry or plain tired :D

These are the women the prophet used to refer to whenever he is teaching the sahaaba(saxaaba) about WOMEN and ISLAM-So, in summary the three women mentioned are: Khadija (The prophet's s.a.w wife), 'The Black woman' and Al-Rumaisa(Abu Talha's wife)- Allah be pleased with them.

VIKING -As you have specified previously -[reported by Anas r.c ]-'The best women of mankind are four: Mariam daughter of `Imraan, Assiya wife of Pharaoh, Khadija daughter of Khuwailid, and Fatima the daughter of the Messenger of Allaah. ' [bukhari and Muslim]

Here they(the 3 women) are mentioned in the Hadiths:-

Narrated 'Aisha:

I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija (although) she died before he married me, for I often heard him mentioning her, and Allah had told him to give her the good tidings that she would have a palace of Qasab (i.e. pipes of precious stones and pearls in Paradise), and whenever he slaughtered a sheep, he would send her women-friends a good share of it. [al-Bukhari]

Narrated Ismail:

I asked 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa, "Did the Prophet give glad tidings to Khadija?" He said, "Yes, of a palace of Qasab (in Paradise) where there will be neither any noise nor any fatigue."[al-Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Jibreel (Gabriel) came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! This is Khadija coming to you with a dish having meat soup (or some food or drink). When she reaches you, greet her on behalf of her Lord (i.e. Allah) and on my behalf, and give her the glad tidings of having a Qasab palace in Paradise wherein there will be neither any noise nor any fatigue (trouble) . " [al-Bukhari]

Narrated 'Ata bin Abi Rabah:

Ibn 'Abbas said to me, "Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?" I said, "Yes." He said, "This black lady came to the Prophet and said, 'I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allah for me.' The Prophet said (to her), 'If you wish, be patient and you will have (enter) Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allah to cure you.' She said, 'I will remain patient,' and added, 'but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allah for me that I may not become uncovered.' So he invoked Allah for her." [al-Bukhari]

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "I saw myself (in a dream) entering Paradise, and behold! I saw Ar-Rumaisa', Abu Talha's wife. I heard footsteps. I asked, Who is it? Somebody said, 'It is Bilal ' Then I saw a palace and a lady sitting in its courtyard. I asked, 'For whom is this palace?' Somebody replied, 'It is for 'Umar.' I intended to enter it and see it, but I thought of your ('Umar's) Ghira (and gave up the attempt)." 'Umar said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! How dare I think of my Ghira (self-respect) being offended by you? [al-Bukhari]

The black woman mentioned in this Hadith is not even known by her name, or who she were, she is rather known by her deeds, her faith, her modesty, her chastity, her care about not being uncovered and for her being an inmate of Paradise. And that is what matters indeed.

There are few points that are worth mentioning in regard of her case :

-She was physically sick, yet she sought cure in the du`a of the Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam. she knew that the one who cures, ash_Shaafee, is Allah. and Allah would answer the answer of His messenger.

for FULL READING:

http://www.jannah.org/sisters/womofjan.html

Qac Qaac   

My question is... since no one is asking...

Who could tell me, the sahabi(companion's name. He was the right hand man for Khalid bin waleed sort of.. he took part of many battles. he had a famous horse... he had a deep voice... who could tell me his name?...