Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Ancient Soomaali cave marking

Salaan...

We've had seen those Pharaonic cave markings and what other ancient cultures left behind, but do we have one of our own?

Let's see. These are ancient cave markings found in Taleex.

ancientcavemarking-taleex-sool.jpg

As you would have expected what a typical Soomaali would have thought preparing to mark an image on a wall, a camel is given a prominent space

ancientcavemarking-taleex-sool1.jpg

This ought to be studied further

ancientcavemarking-taleex-sool2.jpg

From outside

ancientcavemarking-taleex-sool3.jpg

Perhaps those are the fortress Sayidka lived, I guess, thus not that ancient{?}

These pictures were taken in 1980, so I still hope that they are still standing firm.

Fascinating thank you Macruuf...Im sure this would come in handy when trying to find out about the Somali historical background which so far is unknown. These should be secured and treated as historical discoveries.

By the way How have u been bro?

Paragon   

QL,

If you have access to the academic search engine called Jstor and enter "Archaeological and Paleoenvironmental Research in Northern Somalia", you shall come across a useful article that contains maps and places where discoveries were made inside Somalia. But the research was stopped due to political reasons.

juba   

i would have never thought somalia to have historical data from so long ago. i would also like to know how long ago it was? im guessing it was before Islam came to Somalia

Tuujiye   

J11..sxb Can you send me that article please..It will help on a research that I'm working on..TNX in advance

Wareer badanaa!!!

Wow ive alwayz wanted to see if there were still some places of archeological significance.

Last i heard Somalia was in desperate need of archeological excavation. If we trully are the land of punt then there should be wayy more to show for it.

I was wonderin if anybody know if these ruins still exist considerin the photos are from 1980

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Haniif:

if they're on a cave they must be old
smile.gif
.... i mean, only ancient people would want to write on caves; the rest of us have paper and pc's.

lol actually it is very common that when the nomads get tired - they grab a rock and start drawing stuff, especially camels, on other large rocks and caves.

I've even done some years back, when I spent some time amongst the Geel-Jire. ;)