Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Team Val

Hello and welcome to you all.

Please join me in taking this opportunity to thank Val for all the hardwork she has put in this year- particularly for the goals set, the targets achieved, and all the plans that have been implemented (even if they haven't been completed yet).

I would also like to thank her for being such a trouble-free daughter; a helpful and generous sister; a loving and encouraging friend; and a conscientious and hardworking employee. As we all know, it's not always easy to be these things. They require plenty of effort, patience and determination, which Val has plenty of!

So, let's put our hands together for the utterly wonderful Val and let her know what a fabulous person she is!

Hear hear.....

Cheers!

*This was an exercise in self-appreciation*

I'm usually used to self deprecating Rudy, but never see self appreciation thread.Well dear, I'm sure you have earned whatever praises that come your way. So, toast to you. My gal Lazy will come in with a strawberry shake!

P.S.I see NGONE hasn't been his job. Fire the man. I nominate Zafir.

trouble-free daughter; a helpful and generous sister; a loving and encouraging friend; and a conscientious and hardworking employee

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ,,,,,,,,,, you better add about the qurux and post it in the other thread :D

Cara.   

For she's a jolly good fellow,

Which nobody can deny!

Ah, thank you, Cara. Just what I need to hear.

Che, thank you. I'm experimenting with DIY these days. Why wait for others to do for you what you can do for yourself? Think about it. About Layzie's milkshake, is it made with skimmed milk? I'm on a diet, you see.

Sheh, ah yes. I was glad to make it through the dinner, but my worry was more about the duck I ordered than the raving loonies. :D

Jacaylbaro - Quruxda (or the lack of it for that matter), Ilaahay baa bixiya. So I can't thank myself for it.

Xubeer, oh yes, that's our sister society. We have close links with them. I havent decided yet whether I want to be a member (self-preservation would require healthy eating and that sort of thing- things I dont have time for at the moment). And goodnight.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Jacaylbaro - Quruxda (or the lack of it for that matter), Ilaahay baa bixiya. So I can't thank myself for it.

Inta kele ee aad sheegtay yaa bixiya tolow hadaa ??? :D

Kool_Kat   

Go Val,

Go Val,

It's your birthday,

Act stupidh...

Ok OK sorry, got little excited there for a bit...

Congrats VAL!!!Such a Lady you are!!!Keep it up!!!

So, let's put our hands together for the utterly wonderful Val and let her know what a fabulous person she is!

OK,I would let her know...Where can i reach her? ;)

Also,I hope she is not a member of the xalwo eating club. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Valenteenah, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

With apologies to the late Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Cara.   

*Shoulders Castro aside*

Val, I've got a great joke for you. I hope you like it smile.gif

A panda walks into a bar, sits down and orders a sandwich. He eats, pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the bartender shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for the food." The panda yells back, "Hey, man, I'm a panda. Look it up!" The bartender opens his dictionary to panda: "A tree-climbing mammal of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves."

Nephissa   

Gawd Val, I wanted to get you something really special for your special day because, "YOU ARE SO SPECIAL." Unfortunately I couldn't think of just the right gift to give you, and for the longest time I was cast about in a sea of indecision, until at last it occurred to me that the best thing to give you was also the simplest:

FartDog.jpg