Sign in to follow this  
Mafia

Your City upon hill?

Haddad   

Originally posted by bilan:

i just have one question,will we ever ever stop talking about arabs

The answer is no. It's obvious some Somalis have a love and hate affair with Arabs.

i be in la chilling.. holla back! i aint in mode to fuss with camel jocky or warlord wanna be!

gotta have some civil rights period!! it aint much to ask! u cant build business in the arab or african world.... some high authority can walk away with your cash!! n there is nothing u can do!!

i got relatives who have been suing arab sheiks who cheated them n they still empty after decades!! :mad: :mad:

lol   

OG- Sweetie, relax. U r taking this on a personal level and its not dat. Your family members are ur family members and no matter wat Somalis say will change dat. So smile suga gurl :D

Havard: Somalis do kiss behinds too walaalkiis its not only Arabs. I will give u an example, when I went to Somalia, I attended a conference held by all the NGOs and the UN organizations that deal with irrigations, and food. The chairman of the conferece was a Somali guy who was also the representative of Unicef in Somalia. Now they had rules, which said, if u want to talk plz hold ur hand up and u will be given ur chance. Kind of kindergander way of managing conversations.. anyways there was only one Italian ( white man) among us and two kenyans the rest were Somalis. Everyone including the kenyans held their hands up when they wanted to talk except the white man. He cut conversations, said all he wanted to say, and the Somali guy just let him, infact hushed the person who had the right to talk so that white man could talk. I was irritated. Although i kept quiet till the conference was over, I did however give a piece of my mind to the chairman at the end. Which proved to be constructive.

Seriously its a disease, seems like we see the whiteman as a god or something. What goes on around the third world is insane.

Arabs did not do us ( Somalis) any favors after the war. Saudi Arabia deported refugees and still is back to the war rotten country. UAE fired Somalis and told them to leave the country within 21 days given dat their was no home to go to. There are plenty of poor families in UAE and the government doesn't help at all. But does that mean UAE nationals are bad people? No they r not. Infact when you get to know them, they are good hearted. Ofcourse like every other nation they have bad n good people.

Personally I won't give priority to Arabs if they ever came to my country but I don't hate them, because they r my brothers in Islam.

Senora   

And the cycle continues.......

Im with you Rudy. Until I can feel confident about the living conditions back home...I think I'll start up the enterprise in either Chicago or Atlanta!

Mafia   

Everyone including the kenyans held their hands up when they wanted to talk except the white man. He cut conversations, said all he wanted to say, and the Somali guy just let him, infact hushed the person who had the right to talk so that
white man could talk
. I was irritated.

Hibo, I couldn't say it better. And basically, that is what I'm talking about. Honestly, I feel closer to the Arab identity than African-because generally speaking we have the strongest bond with Arabs (Islam)....yes not all Arabs are Muslims, but I'm sure you can make the connection.

To OG, sister chill out---If I hate people, you know whom I hate, right? I would never hold any hatred towards Arbs, that is if I'm concious. As Hibo said, you don't need to take everything personal. And yes, I'm ignoring your Arabic lines, but they do make sense. I know you feel strong about Arabs, as they are your ehel and Shacab, but...again....nothing personal. I had lived most of my childhood in Arabia, and I never had bad experience with them--you will probably be the first Arab Shrew I met, as yet.

OG_Girl   

Ok, Mr Mafia help me to understand this:

ياخي أمرك عجيب إذا مو عاجينك ليش حلم حياتك

إنك تشتغل عندهم؟ والله إنى إحترت Ùيكم يا اهل وريات

Other thing you are just plain jealous, you probably got no loyality what so ever and no where you call home! Even where you spent last 15 years of your life you can't even love it and be loyal to them, serve the people whom feed you, changed your refugee cloths, educate you. Probably you still call them "qaalo"!! Subhana-Allah.I can't understand this hate mentality. If you don't like Arab and their life styles why your dream and future to live in their "own" country?

Use your common sense! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you will probably be the first Arab Shrew I met, as yet.

Welcome to the reality, you will meet a lot like me if you keep taking none sense!!

One more thing Mr Mafia:

عمرك سمعت المثل اللى يقول: أنا وإخي على إبن عمى ،أنا وأخى وإبن عمي على الغريب؟ يعني بالعربي مو شغلك وشو العرب مسويين بعمرهم

أو لاخوانهم العرب

إنت إسمك غريب شكو إنت بالعرب ؟ياطÙيلي

Shaqa smeysa waryaa

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Salam

Tahliil   

I became who I am the day, or in my case the night, I was born Somali and I think am proud of it; at least most of the times these days. I think therefore we should let these families Arabs or not b who they are (proud or not)

As for the thread posted: I'll say give me a piece of land, security and a H O E or couple of hoes ;....and i will live my life off of the land; I have the feeling that I can strat a line, generations of Tahliil farmers...hills or no hills; my only request being of course: don't send me off to some desert; where it is 120 degree in the shade and baren like my two palms. Send me some place with water; pouring water; falling water; still and stagnant watter; muddy or not; some place with water...

La-y-La   

I dont plan on going anywhere anytime soon insha'allah, but if I had to, I will prbably move to Kenya or Uganda.

Go anywhere in the world, people kiss white ppl's a$$ like there is no tomorow. I went to africa last year and it was the same as Hibo mentioned.

I have seen enough racism in my life to move to an Arab country, but hey I hear Dubai is really nice.

peace.

Jacpher   

Haddad:

I don't want to get into political but Hibo mentioned some of what Arab governments/countries did to Somali refugees. From Libya to UAE to Saudia to Yemen, they did not only treat the refugees inhumane, but also took advantage of and humiliated. Saudia imposed a ban on our livestock import which was the backbone of millions of Somalis. It was discovered later the ban was politically motivated. The list goes on.

Some of us may want to deny this but history won't. I think it's fair to say Non-Muslim East African countries did a lot better for us than Arabs whom we think are closer to us.

I am not suggesting Arab individuals are responsible for these but what I'm pointing out is how their governments/countries behaved. Why do we regard such countries as friends and/or brothers? Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Arabs but I certainly dislike how their governments do business.

Haddad   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

ياطÙيلي

Sister OG_Girl, it has been quite a while since I come across the above term. Just to refreshen my memory; is that what is defined in the Arabic grammar as:تصغير ?

OG_Girl   

Hadaad,

بالنسبة لكلمة Ø·Ùيلي Ùاهي مشتقة من متطÙÙ„ØŒ والمتطÙÙ„ هو الشخص اللي يتدخل ويحشر Ù†Ùسه ÙÙŠ أمور ما تعنيه مثل ما يقولون بالكويتي "ملقوÙ" او يدخل عصه ÙÙŠ شي ما يخصه"

ومرادÙها بالانجليزي

intruder or nosey!

إنشاءالله يكون وضح المعنى

والسلام عليكم

Haddad   

Sister OG_Girl, I got you. This is how I initially understood it:

Ø·Ùيلى: تصغير Ù„ Ø·ÙÙ„, meaning mini-baby, just like جميل is for جمل.

Nephissa   

There still are many opportunities here that don't exist elsewhere. When I leave Ca. I find that I just want to come back home after few weeks. I would never live anywhere else. A couple of my friends/relatives who moved to Middle East, and Africa are now moving back.

Probably the only place outside of USA that I would move to is Somalia. Insha Allah