Sign in to follow this  
Mafia

Your City upon hill?

Mafia   

This isn't a history question. I'm simply interested to know if you guys have preferences on what city you should work in, may be after you finish schooling or open up your own business (i don't mean to sharpen any body's greed here)?

I don't mean you should live in that city forever, but atleast you prefer to be based there.

For me, living in the states, somehow I like to be based in Dubai. I heard if you have a degree from a reputable American University like MBA, those Arabs will fight over cleaning your shoes? I do know that is true for a Whitey, but is it realistic for Somalis?

OG_Girl   

I heard if you have a degree from a reputable American University like MBA, those Arabs will fight over cleaning your shoes? I do know that is true for a Whitey, but is it realistic for Somalis?

Heard huh?From who? what's your sources?Ajeeb :rolleyes:

No one will clean your shoes whatever you are white,yellow,red or black!!! Simply if you are qualified the jobs needed you'll be "hired"

Note: "hire" you because you work for them not otherway around! This Somali mentality pisses me off.

Salam

Haddad   

Originally posted by Harvard-Mafia:

I heard if you have a degree from a reputable American University like MBA, those Arabs will fight over cleaning your shoes? I do know that is true for a Whitey, but is it realistic for Somalis?

We are no longer in the 60's, 70's, 80's or even the 90's. When cinemas, movies and TVs were new phenomena to people in Africa (and the Third World), it used to captivate their imagination, and grow in them a sense of admiration for the white man. No longer. People aren't anymore simpletons. They know a movie with its locations & actors isn't a heavenly realm that we can only dream about. People have deciphered those actors are mere ordinary people, most of whom were surgically fitted, enhanced with boolbaro and other beautifying ingredients, lotions, creams and etc. They have also deciphered the stories in those movies have little to do with the reality, but more to do with glamorizing the white man.

As for Arabs will fight over cleaning your shoes; no such. There are millions people who are more qualified and experienced than the Americans or non-Americans who graduated from a reputable American University. Example? Indians. And they can be hired for far less than those from the US.

The other thing, native Arabs have already begun to replace foreigners who work in higher positions (as a result of acquiring higher degrees). In fact, the unemployment rate for qualified native Arabs is high as a result of hundreds thousands graduating each year.

Mafia   
OG, Hadaad thanks for giving your views on that. I can see both of you are more knowledge than me about this topic. In fact, I do agree with you on that the trend towards Localization (employment, staffing and such) is at a higher pace than ever in those Arab nations. What I want to point out is the "mentality"-positive discrimination that Americans/Whites recieve. you can argue that it is diminishing, but from experience, I can tell you that strong preference is given to Whites, even though many many Arabs, Pakistanis and Indians are more qualified and more educated than them. Why? that is what I need to find out!

Haddad   

I can tell you that strong preference is given to Whites, even though many many Arabs, Pakistanis and Indians are more qualified and more educated than them. Why? that is what I need to find out!

The reason being, liberal/secular governments give priority to Westerners.

shyhem   

Honestly speaking i'm not going anywhere unless they deport my azz back.I can't lie and dream about going places i have no idea will contribute to my personal growth and development now or in the near future.

I like how things are here, and i consider everyday a blessing from Allah period

Haddad   

Originally posted by SomericaN:

Honestly speaking i'm not going anywhere unless they deport my azz back.

What is that supposed to mean? If they're going to deport you, you have no say on anywhere you will be going to; they will be taking you to there, with force.

Tahliil   

I think the guy got a point...metaphorically at least...I think there were or still are a lot of shoe cleaning going on in those parts of the world for whities...think of this scenario alone and tell me if it is far from the truth:

A common shoe cleaning I have observed so many times is: ( and tell me if this isn’t true )

That you have been standing in line in some travel agency in one of those countries for more than 20 mins now and suddenly in comes a whitey and in just a blink of an eye he is ushered into a backroom, and gets help from beautiful young girls; and while he waits in a comfortable chair; coffee here, newspaper over there, cookies offered; a music is being played; and perhaps a possible lap dance from the manager is thrown in the mix for him; u r rotting in a chair or standing somewhere over there sweating, waiting for someone to look at your direction; a whitey in the meantime is having a hell of good time; basically getting his shoes cleaned for him; but that isn’t it; what scares me most, frightens me to death is that I sometimes think that they may forget who I was and why I was there and then call me to clean his shoes for him while they take care of the chocolate chip cookies and the rest of his pastries.

I had seen it happened in Somalia and in Ethiopia and in Dubai and in Djibouti; whities getting a free pass for everything they want to get in a lot of third world countries and you (hagi jacfar) getting as always restricted; controlled; checked; limited; frisked; humiliated; shoved and pushed around(in your motherland). It is a common thing; all over the place; there must b a lot of shoe cleaning beliefs going on in our heads, I think; in our little tiny whiteyphillic heads. And it’s got to stop; respect is a good thing. Don’t get me wrong; but a respect just for the whitey; that isn’t right; and in my little tiny peoplephilic head I think equality and equal treatment for all is greater and much better.

Mafia   

a whitey in the meantime is having a hell of good time; basically getting his shoes cleaned for him; but that isn’t it; what scares me most, frightens me to death is that I sometimes think that they may forget who I was and why I was there and then call me to clean his shoes for him while they take care of the chocolate chip cookies and the rest of his pastries.

Tahlil , you hit it right on the head. As such, I'm dumfounded to meet Somalis like OG who would argue otherwise.

BTW, I think OG is conditioned to love "Arabs" even when their wrongfulness is beyond imaginable. I have seen/read about White individuals who were appalled by the extent of the "positive" discrimination they recieve in those Arab nations. NO hard feelings, sister OG smile.gif

Haddad   

I have seen/read about White individuals who were appalled by the extent of the "positive" discrimination they recieve in those Arab nations.

It's not logical some White individuals would get appalled by the extent of the "positive" discrimination they recieve from Arabs. Why would someone get appaled by getting "positive" treatment? One would not let continue what appals (shocks, dismays or horrifies) him/her. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe, you could provide a link or the source where you've read about it.

Castro   

BTW, I think
OG
is conditioned to love "Arabs" even when their wrongfulness is beyond imaginable. I have seen/read about White individuals who were appalled by the extent of the "positive" discrimination they recieve in those Arab nations. NO hard feelings, sister OG
smile.gif
[/QB]

I've mentioned this in another article referring to whitie but A-rabs can also kiss my a$$ coast to coast.

Ofleh

Se7en   

Tahliil u are 110% right!!!

What scares me most is that we Somalia people are very racist to each other but when it comes to whites, then we are down on our knees and cleaning his shoes.

Whats wrong with us?

Jacpher   

Why do we act that all Arabs are clean people?? Arabs are by far the most racist people I have ever seen on the planet. They normally discriminate against blacks. Have you ever walked into Arab grocery store and they speak in their dialog talking **** about you and they think you don't understand. I bet it happened to many Somalis.

May be we should take a poll and see how many nomads had a negative experience with Arabs. That way some of us would not jump defending Arabs too soon. To be Muslim, you don't have to stand behind & defend every Arab especially when Arabs make up less than 15% of Muslim population. I think many Somalis think people hate Islam if they criticize Arabs. Frankly, Non-Arab Muslims like us should be ashamed of Arabs. Sorry, off the topic.

Tahliil 200% correct. Somalis respect foreigners more than they respect each other. Let’s hope they do this unconsciously.

Arabs will kiss *** for Cadaan people for a simple reason. They can't afford to piss off Cadaan. You don't need a degree from a prestigious school to get your shoes kissed by Arabs (literally). All you need is a passport from North America or Western Europe. Some Arabs may go the extra mile to worship you. I have never seen people in my life that hate/disrespect their language more than anything. If you speak Arabic, you’re not respected or spoken to. On the other hand, if you speak English, you’re treated as a king. Imagine a country that tells people, hey, you’re valued more if you speak a language other than ours.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

May be we should take a poll and see how many nomads had a negative experience with Arabs.

I think those who had a positive experience will outnumber those who had a negative experience. Prove me wrong.

Arwa   

This is off the topic

....BuT as I recall clearly Haddaad you your self had a negative view of All Arabs in general. I wonder what changed your view?!!!