Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Gay Somali

Peacenow   

Northerner, having 'progressive' views does not make one, any less Somali, than they are. All that Somali gay's want is acceptance. I accept them. It is clear to me though, that we have imported so much Arab thinking, of stoning and punishment, that we really have lost our moral compass. Which is why I advocate, totally cleaninsng of Arabic culture and beliefs from the Somali mind. The concept of shame is an example of this. At that it means, in the end, is that society is stagnant and therefore weak. The rule of the law should govern our behavious. Let it be and move on, Somalia is facing a collasal disaster. Let's debate.

N.O.R.F   

^^we are obviously following different views on gayism being OK.

I say its wrong and should not be accepted as being OK.

You its one's choice and it should be OK.

How we arrive at this should be the question and not one's Somalinimo or Arab influences.

ps with Arab influence do you mean Islam?

Originally posted by peacenow:

Northerner, having 'progressive' views does not make one, any less Somali, than they are. All that Somali gay's want is acceptance. I accept them. It is clear to me though, that we have imported so much Arab thinking, of stoning and punishment, that we really have lost our moral compass. Which is why I advocate, totally cleaninsng of Arabic culture and beliefs from the Somali mind. The concept of shame is an example of this. At that it means, in the end, is that society is stagnant and therefore weak. The rule of the law should govern our behavious. Let it be and move on, Somalia is facing a collasal disaster. Let's debate.

You are mixing between the Arabism and Islamism sxb ,,,,,, killing them is said in the Quran not in the Arab's culture ,,,,,

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

GAY Men should not be shot at the head as Hunguri said ,,,,,,, they should be stoned to death as the Islam said

Im picturing killing one gay with an stone now. Cant wait to do so.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

quote:Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

GAY Men should not be shot at the head as Hunguri said ,,,,,,, they should be stoned to death as the Islam said

Im picturing killing one gay with an stone now. Cant wait to do so.
You should save your energy for the ethiopian.

Ibtisam   

lol North and Jacaylbaro whybaad niikan issku xiijiansan? Although he tries to hide behind "cleansing of Arabic culture/ influence" He advocates for total separation of religion and governance (Religion is just behind close doors, a set of religious practice, which is private) and the reason we are so behind he argues is because we let religion govern us and make legal/ moral judgment based on religion (remember separation: so we should have different man made laws (democratically agreed of course, which change to reflect people state of mind/ time/ society) to govern our rights/ laws). This is all the Arabs fault of course according to peacenow as they have historically predominant our culture, AKA religion.

I hope you all understand each other now.

As for gays, the exist, they are there, and no matter what you do they will always be gay people, and if you oppress it, there will be more gays (look at the problems in the middles east) and since we do not live under an Islamic ruling leave them to the business and you get on with yours, you have no right to harm them etc.

Poster

Its too late, what every you were going to do you should have informed him of it. since you did not, it is none of your business, and it does not achieve anything nor does it make him less gay.

N.O.R.F   

^^Why do you have to burst the bubble? I was looking forward to peacenow's 'progressive and forward thinking' analogy.

LoL the poster has no answers to his question after 3 pages!

king_450   

there is nothing wrong with being gay

war ninyahow naga aamus ee isku xishood.

JB ,adiga wareer badanidaa, Where in mogadishu did you grew up? what degmo? cajiib. Where i grew up i never heard it!

Ariadne   

Homosexuality exists everywhere (seriously)

and can go back in time to God knows when.

The ancient greeks use to prepare their young boys for being kidnapped by older men. every parent knew it was going to happen some day.

Just like the Romans who for the most part were split down the middle as hetreos and homos.

And as for Somali gays

yes, they exist just like Muslim gays.

Just like Jewish gays...h.e.l.l... I don't think there is a culture or religion in the world that does not have its fair share of homosexuals.

My point is live and let live

There are worse things happening in the world

then someones sexual preference.

And besides only Allah can judge humanity come judgement day.

Aaliyyah   

Ali somali even though it is his choice if he wanted to become a homo, like I dont giva dam about that. But, as u said he could be with a somali sister, and doing this behind everyone. I doubt he is confident to confess. so please by all means do get the word out that he is gay, at least to the sisters. So they can stay away from him.

wa salaam