Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Gay Somali

Peacenow   

There are lots and lots and lots of gay Somalis. Most of them, are no way open about it. Most could pass for straight, you would never know. I repeat again, there is nothing wrong with being gay.

We should not import Arab culture, where people are denied human rights.

N.O.R.F   

^^depends on what laws your advocating for. Different countries/cultures different laws. What rights are they denied in Arab culture?

Peacenow   

The laws are universal. It is human rights. God has made people gay. I truly believe, it is the diversity that is in everyday life.

A person should be free to set their course. In a few years time, the majority of countries will have gay protection rights in their laws. Even the Africans are debating it. Sadly, Somalis, are yet again in the vanguard of upholding degraded arab thought process, that is holding them back

In Somali culture, being gay is the unspoken taboo. When I lived in London, I met so many Somali gays. I tought it was wonderful. They were more patriotic than the average Somali, more creative, more forward thinking. Face it, it could even be your brother, your son, or even your father. They are not going to go away, what are you going to do? At least those Arabs, somewhat accept it. When I lived in Bahrain, it was so much in your face, I just accepted it. One time, I was riding a taxi and this 60 year old Bahraini driver, yes 60! was that way inclined. I'm not gay, but these countries are not the places where you can kick up a fuss, you just have to accept, it will happen to you.

They even see it, as something you gotta do, to make yourself 'whole' They expect though, that 'one will eventually, grow out from it'. Again, we are in a point, where the shameful Arabs, have exported their hate culture to Somalia.

Ms DD   

Does that include the religion peacenow? DOyou see at as arab-exported religion who shouldnt have its place with our people?

Somali gay do exist, I admit that. But it is sin..regardless of what way you look at it. Everyone should be free to do what they like but it doesnt a sin halaal.

Besides it is very unnatural and I dont think God made these people gay. It is their lifestyle choice.

freaking somali gay dude! homie u should have smoked him!!

i saw the most beautiful somali gal in that new somali resturant....! i cant get her outta of my mind...BARWAAGO.! LORD HAVE MERCY.

i cant sleep!! i chilled with her and all of her friends till we laughed so hard... how u cant love them beautiful creatures is beyond my imgination.

she was the bomb!!

Peacenow   

Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo, my thoughts on religion are very clear. You can find my posts in the Islam section. This discussion is about Somali gays, let's be on track.

Regardless of our religion, culture and laws, Gay men exist in our community ,,, no one can denay this and that is what i was talking about.

I think Islam is clear about them ,,,,,

yo let them be gay! more xalimoos for us! u ever think of that...! the more xalimoos out there, the lower the price!! its all about demand and supply...! word. :eek:

Peacenow   

Agreed, they are here and should be accepted. There are bigger and more important issues, that the community has to deal with right now.

I'm not talking about acceptance or any rights for them. that is another issue.

Do they exist or not ??? ,,,, that was my concern

N.O.R.F   

Peacenow, i see you have succumb to the 'western views are progressive/forward thinking etc' and Arabs are backward.

Fact of the matter is the acceptance of gay being ok is a backward step and not a forward step. Westerners just dont realise it.

Peacenow   

Northerner, If I have succumbed to 'western views' I would have given up on Somalia, long time ago. And prompty headed off to the ethiopian embassy and applied for citizenship there. No brainer.

N.O.R.F   

What does having western views and applying for Ethio citizenship have to do with eachother?

I have western views also!

re-read please

Ms DD   

Being Gay was illegal just 30 years ago in the UK, now let us imagine what is illegal now which could be legal for another 30yrs? Incest? Peadophilia?

Where is the limit?