Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Dealing with Coffee Withdrawal Symptoms!!

nafta   

^ I had that same addiction but with coke instead. I used to wake up in the middle of the night wanting a big glass of coke. Then again first thing in the morning. Since then I've cut down to 3 glasses a day.

My new addiction is tea. Not your conventional brew, rather pour a tiny amount of hot water in a cup with caleen, leave it for a while till the teabag is drained, then drink the tiny amount of black bitter water. Sugarless. It's nice.

Originally posted by Ahura:

Rehab? Wot's that?

Shehehe: Anything between 1/4 - 2ltrs a day, depending on how needy I felt.

An excuse to take break from everything.

And I thought I was bij to caffeine

LooooooooL...You are not alone. It has been one thing to another since arriving these shores...I remember getting hooked on Dr Pepper when I first came to the states,

I can count how many cups of coffee I had in my life. I was never a fan of coffee. I used to drink tea but I've given up on that as well. I may have a cup of tea occasionally -- when someone offers it -- but that is as far as I go. None of these dark liquids are part of my routine.

One cup of mixed fruits gets me going in the morning.

Great, I'm glad to see some sensible fellow nomads who have decided to avoid coffe and tea altogether.

Besides the obvious addiction effects and its negative consequences on your physical health, tea and coffee are destructive mentally and even worsen Attention Deficit Disorder or Hyperactivity symptoms (just like food additives, sugar, white bread, pasta ect).

It was already well known that sugar, just like white bread, spaghettis and rice (not the wholemeal varieties) have very little nutritional value but also destroy your health, not least by favorizing weight gain and diabete.

When added to the diuretive effect of caffeine that favorize urine emission and hence mineral and vitamins loss, you can easily understand why tea and coffee abuse are suicidal.

Moreover, caffeine stimulate unnecessarily the brain and thus drain your mental energy despite the initial euphoria while strengthening Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder's symptoms, something that may explain partly the fadhi-ku-dirir habit and Somalis' nervosity/paranoia.

In a nutshell, to stay young, let's eat wholemeal (porridge, wholemeal bread, wheat, couscous ect) and drink plenty of pure water while avoiding anything refined or with additives wether it be refined white sugar, flour, bread, pasta or rice in addition to a diet rich in fruits and vegetables; thus not only will you salvate your look and well-being but you will also protect your brain and productivity.

PS: one cup of tea without sugar or with a spoon or two of honey sometimes may not be that grave, especially the green one that has some benefits, but never ever make it into an habit...

Sacdiya   

I’m vulnerable when it comes to drinking coffee,

a cup of decafe will put me trough a night of sleepless. I try to stay away from coffee, instead I would go for a cup of tea.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Djib-Somali:

Great, I'm glad to see some sensible fellow nomads who have decided to avoid coffe and tea altogether.

Besides the obvious addiction effects and its negative consequences on your physical health, tea and coffee are destructive mentally and even worsen Attention Deficit Disorder or Hyperactivity symptoms (just like food additives, sugar, white bread, pasta ect).

It was already well known that sugar, just like white bread, spaghettis and rice (not the wholemeal varieties) have very little nutritional value but also destroy your health, not least by favorizing weight gain and diabete.

When added to the diuretive effect of caffeine that favorize urine emission and hence mineral and vitamins loss, you can easily understand why tea and coffee abuse are suicidal.

Moreover, caffeine stimulate unnecessarily the brain and thus drain your mental energy despite the initial euphoria while strengthening Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder's symptoms, something that may explain partly the fadhi-ku-dirir habit and Somalis' nervosity/paranoia.

In a nutshell, to stay young, let's eat wholemeal (porridge, wholemeal bread, wheat, couscous ect) and drink plenty of pure water while avoiding anything refined or with additives wether it be refined white sugar, flour, bread, pasta or rice in addition to a diet rich in fruits and vegetables; thus not only will you salvate your look and well-being but you will also protect your brain and productivity.

PS: one cup of tea without sugar or with a spoon or two of honey sometimes may not be that grave, especially the green one that has some benefits, but never ever make it into an habit...

Great advices Doctor. :D

lol devil, I'm not yet one but maybe it should be the right career given the title's effects :rolleyes: ... for now I just read and ask questions, then practise on myself.

hodman   

Originally posted by Sacdiya:

I’m vulnerable when it comes to drinking coffee,

a cup of decafe will put me trough a night of sleepless. I try to stay away from coffee, instead I would go for a cup of tea.

Me reccomend that you start your day with a 3 shot Latte from Caribou(without sokor ;) )! You'll be sleeping in no time once u get used to it :D

Well Arabic Coffee is good for your health, but you can easily adict Latte, Mocka etc.... Alhamdullah i don't like coffee anymore i don't know why i just decided 2 month ago to stop it.. and now i hate it

One good advice ,,,,,,,

Don't drink Coffe on regular basis ,,, specific hour, daily, etc. U can have your cup of coffee anytime you want but avoid to drink the exact time that you drink everyday. Then if you drink one day you can skip the other day ,,,, drink like 3 days ,, then don't drink other 1 or 2 days ,,,,, sometimes don't drink a whole week ,,, then you can continue like this ,,,,