Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Madina universety NEED HELP

Ashkiro   

Look, I keep repeating myself, I am not the one judgemental here, someone made an observation in which I agreed with and I maintained my positon, I see no harm in it. You seem to point out the wrongs of others but overlook your own. You neither know any of us either, but certainly had no problem stating the poster your defending to be better than "all of us put together" among other things, so please me save me the lecture on judging others, again your opinion is yours alone and frankly it is not my concern, you addressed me and I replied to your assertions simple as that. As for English speakers and use of deity, is not relevant here, we have a dhaqan and madhab in how Muslims speak to each other, when addressing another Muslim one doesn't use "Your deity", and I didn't take someone out of Islam, I said their creditability on Islamic education is questionable due to their viewpoints on this thread. When asked the poster refused to clarify their position and replied "I use the word Allah many times", and the poster seems fine with being called a "gaal", if someone doesn't object to the title, then there is nothing to take back here, if one were to say I object to that description and I am not what you call me, than the matter would be different. And salaamu alaikum to you too.

ailamos   

To Ashkiro and the like... OK, I know I said you don't deserve a keystroke, but this is basically a cut-and-paste job. Here are some religious texts for you to be enlightened... ;)

The Holy Bible - Matthew 7:1-6

Do Not Judge Others

1 "Do not judge others. Then you will not be judged. 2 You will be judged in the same way you judge others. You will be measured in the same way you measure others.

3 "You look at the bit of sawdust in your friend's eye. But you pay no attention to the piece of wood in your own eye. 4 How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take the bit of sawdust out of your eye'? How can you say this while there is a piece of wood in your own eye?

5 "You pretender! First take the piece of wood out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see clearly to take the bit of sawdust out of your friend's eye.

Buddhism - Sutra of Hui Neng 2

He who treads the Path in earnest

Sees not the mistakes of the world;

If we find fault with others

We ourselves are also in the wrong.

When other people are in the wrong, we should ignore it,

For it is wrong for us to find fault.

By getting rid of this habit of fault-finding

We cut off a source of defilement.

When neither hatred nor love disturb our mind

Serenely we sleep.

I can see that you've dismissed the above two as being: 1. Corrupt or 2. Of the Kafirs... but do you have the balls to dismiss the following one?

The Holy Quran - Suratul Nisa': 94

O you who have believed, when you went forth in the cause of Allah, investigate; and do not say to one who gives you [a greeting of] peace, “you are not a believer,” aspiring for the goods of worldly life; for with Allah are many acquisitions. You [yourselves] were like that before, then Allah conferred His favor upon you, so investigate. Indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

Of course you don't ;) ... so why don't you heed the words of the last text, which transmits the same general message of the above two.

Ibtiii walaal you've got lot's of patience! I commend you... moogi ciida ee dadkaas kasameysanyihiin?!?

LOL@"we have a dhaqan and madhab in how Muslims speak to each other"... very funny indeed, yet sadly so ignorant, perhaps she would jump and call me infidel if I stated "khuda" or "lord" or "dios" instead of deity...

I wonder if she knows the Arabic translation of deity is "Ilah"?

Blessed   

Ailamos, you cryptic so and so. Maxaad samaysay. LOL. icon_razz.gif

I think both universities have strengths in different departments. If you're interested in studying law, history and the sciences in an Islamic context, Al Azhar is your best bet. Madinah is good for aqeedah and fiqh of sunnah etc. Living in a Madinah for few years it's an accomplishment on it's own though- that place is simply amazing!

That's true. I've been to Al Azhar and was thoroughly impressed by everything... no wonder it's been the locus of Islamic learning for over 1000 years...

As far as Madina is concerned, I'm not a big fan of its propagation of Salafism and rigid interpretations... Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit that beautiful city, it is on my list should I return to the Middle East.

Speaking of religious schools, some people I know went off to the International Islamic University Malaysia and had nothing but praise for it, particularly its progressive attitude. Apparently, it is sponsored by eight different governments from the OIC. It should be noted that prominent Islamic feminist Dr. Amina Wadud is a faculty member there. [/QB]

I agree with you on Al Azhar. Malaysia is doing some great things too in Finance, development but I'm personally not a fan of the progressive or rather revisionist approach to Islam employed by Amina W and her colleagues. The early Muslims didn't need to oppose fundamental tenets of the deen and abandon the segments of the deen they've found difficult in order to suceed.

As far as rigidity @ Madinah. I think it's a necessity as far as aqeedah is concerned. Islamic monotheism is unique in it's absolute approach to worship- unfortunately the teachings of our Messenger (saw) have been lost as Islam spread and mingled with the cultures of host nations. Madinah university is taking great strides in clarifying these misconceptions - in light of Quran and sunnah. I think it deserves credit for that. I don't always agree with the Fatwas that come out of KSA nor do I always agree with those that come out of Al Azhar - but I believe that both are centres of excellence.

p.s I've always wanted to visit Al Azhar - have you got any photos?

Curly   

I think we're just missing the virtual torches and nooses and we're in for a real life witch burning.

Ailmos, I haven't a clue if you believe in a religion of have no religion but what I can say your opinions, social morals and contributions in sol regarding other matters have always been open, honest and indiscriminate. Unfortunately the same can not be said for a number of solers bent of making this a completely Islamic site, but as always they are the ones that shout the loudest.

As a long time member, who might not have as much to say as our other members...I'd like to say you're more than welcome here.

ailamos   

@Blessed lil asaf mushkiladda aniga igama imaanin, all I did was voice my suggestion to the poster, then I got flogged for it because apaprently I am an infidel not believing in God, etc etc etc...

Anyway, I see and understand your point of not being a fan of the revisionist movement because of the possibility of bidcah being introduced and that's a reasonable position.

About Al Azhar, I last visited there at the time when the digital camera was just breaking into the market so I had my usual film camera which I cannot post (too lazy to scan them all ;) ). However, I highly recommend you to visit.

@Curly, walaal wa aad iyo aad baad u mahadsantahay for those kind words, I try my best to be constructive and even and most of my opinions are such but sometimes that's difficult to accomplish with the passionate religious opinions that people have in this forum, it seems to me they have bitterness towards other views that do not align with theirs particularly in the matter of religion.

The Somali community is diverse; some, such as myself, celebrate holidays with my close friends whatever their religion... It is my opinion that Islam exists to guide people and not in a world-dominating agenda, I also don't think that Muslims occupy a higher moral ground than people of other beliefs who are as pious and as dedicated to the betterment of humanity but have a different belief system.

PS. I think SOL should add gremlins of torches, nooses and pitchforks so the self-righteous could use them as needed in their witch-hunts ;)

Haatu   

Originally posted by ailamos:

^ Oh boy! I don't want to get into more arguments ya
Haatu
... anyway, to answer your question, I believe Salaf translates to "predecessor" and Salafi would mean someone who follows the way of the predecessors...

Bas. Enough said. This would reqquire a whole thread of its own.

Khayr   

I think SOL should add gremlins of torches, nooses and pitchforks so the self-righteous could use them as needed in their witch-hunts

Well if you have a looong nose, fly around with a broom and a black hat and try to stir the pot all the time, then don't be suprised when the pitch forks come out. :D

ANWAR   

People have some respect, this is not the topic to insult each other.

and Beside **Ailamos** WON THE FIGHT :D

Ashkiro NR 2 :D:D

NEXT TIME I will not ask people in SOL for help :(

ailamos   

Originally posted by *ANWAR*:

NEXT TIME I will not ask people in SOL for help
:(

I think this forum has a wealth knowledge present in its members, so please don't dismiss it just yet... as a Somali you know very well our people's habits to bicker and fight ;) besides you did get sound advice as to your available choices smile.gif so next time you have a question please do feel free to ask from your fellow Somalis you will indeed get good advice but that will be followed by some bickering as an added baggage... hahaha ;)

Hassan_B   

Originally posted by Rayyan*:

^^The good guy gave his good advice sheekhuna.

both of them are good.it all depends the intention of the learner. "ItaquAllah yacalimakum Allah". co-relation between taqwa and knowledge.

I'd just like to double-up on Rayyan's advice. That is the crux. Try to really purify your intention only for Allah and not for influence or prestige. Allah (SWT) is the teacher no matter where you are.

BOB   

My younger brother attends Madina University. I will ask him few questions on your behalf and will let you know Insha Allah.

As far as my understanding goes, the first thing they expect from the students that apply for Madina University is whether you can speak, read,write Arabic and know the basics of Islam.

You'll be asked to take an exam just to asses your knowledge of both the Arabic language and the religion of Islam...(as far as rules and protocol is concerned it's like applying for a normal univeristy)

I don't think it's that difficult to be honest and just remember one thing...You can achieve whatever you set your mind to...just DON'T EVER GIVE UP and don't let any obstacle prevent you from reaching and acheiving your goals. Best Of Luck Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.