Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Madina universety NEED HELP

ailamos   

Originally posted by Abaay Heylay:

^^I dont think your advice matter to the poster because why would anyone even want take advise for someone like you who doesn not believe in Allah. Is like me telling someone the best church to go would be.. when I dont even belive in their religion.

Ignorant, self-righteous quacks are abound in this forum aren't they?

This deserves no extensive response from my part. I will just recommend you go to your mosque lad and seek forgiveness because you just took up the job of your deity by judging others (you know nothing about).

Blessed   

^Ignore it, ailamoS. Takfiirism seems to be in vogue now. :(

I think both universities have strengths in different departments. If you're interested in studying law, history and the sciences in an Islamic context, Al Azhar is your best bet. Madinah is good for aqeedah and fiqh of sunnah etc. Living in a Madinah for few years it's an accomplishment on it's own though- that place is simply amazing!

ailamos   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

^Ignore it, ailamoS. Takfiirism seems to be in vogue now.
:(

You're right Blessed, I think to ignore them would be best, I haven't used my ignore list yet, it does amaze me though how takfiirism has become a fashionable position amongst the self-righteous here...

I think both universities have strengths in different departments. If you're interested in studying law, history and the sciences in an Islamic context, Al Azhar is your best bet. Madinah is good for aqeedah and fiqh of sunnah etc. Living in a Madinah for few years it's an accomplishment on it's own though- that place is simply amazing!

That's true. I've been to Al Azhar and was thoroughly impressed by everything... no wonder it's been the locus of Islamic learning for over 1000 years...

As far as Madina is concerned, I'm not a big fan of its propagation of Salafism and rigid interpretations... Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit that beautiful city, it is on my list should I return to the Middle East.

Speaking of religious schools, some people I know went off to the International Islamic University Malaysia and had nothing but praise for it, particularly its progressive attitude. Apparently, it is sponsored by eight different governments from the OIC. It should be noted that prominent Islamic feminist Dr. Amina Wadud is a faculty member there.

Castro   

Originally posted by Abaay Heylay:

^^I dont think your advice matter to the poster because why would anyone even want take advise for someone like you who doesn not believe in Allah.

One does not have to be a Muslim or believe in Allah to know that Al-Azhar university is the standard for Islamic education. You just need to know its history.

Ashkiro   

@ Is like me telling someone the best church to go would be.. when I dont even belive in their religion.

Seems fair to me. Good luck poster

Castro   

@ Is like me telling someone the best church to go would be.. when I dont even belive in their religion.

Seems fair to me. Good luck poster

lol. He didn't recommend a church, he recommended a university. It's a false analogy you are making as the original poster didn't ask for the best mosque to pray in. Or do you just not comprehend enough to tell the difference?

Ashkiro   

No difference, the analogy fits as it deals with the deen, it's not seeking a secular education but an islamic education which again the heart of this education is Allah SWT and His Deen, although the said person can express his or her opinions and I don't think they should be silenced or faulted for it, I do see where the other posters are coming from and judging from the comment of Madina having "rigid interpretations" reinforces their sentiments.

Castro   

No difference? lol. What an odd response. A false analogy is invalid by definition so it doesn't fit anything.

Originally posted by Ashkiro:

it's not seeking a secular education but an islamic education which again the heart of this education is Allah SWT and His Deen

There you go again. The recommendation given by ailamos wasn't for a church or a secular university. It was for Al-Azhar, the preeminent Islamic education center in the universe. Anyone who rejects such recommendation solely because the person making the recommendation is non Muslim shows how utterly ignorant they are of al-Azhar and what it stands for.

Ashkiro   

I see where your coming from, I don't think its the matter of what uni was recommended but by whom, nothing personal but anyone who rejected the deen of Allah SWT advice on anything deen related is taken with a grain of salt.

ailamos   

I do see where the other posters are coming from and judging from the comment of Madina having "rigid interpretations" reinforces their sentiments.

So basically it's either accept a certain (rigid) interpretation without discourse or be branded as a kafir... sounds Salafi to me icon_razz.gif

ailamos   

anyone who rejected the deen of Allah SWT advice on anything deen related is taken with a grain of salt.

You're still going on by your baseless assumptions, you're very resilient I see :D What proof is there that the "anyone" in question has or has not rejected the "deen of Allah"?

Ashkiro   

Originally posted by ailamos:

quote:Originally posted by Ashkiro:

anyone who rejected the deen of Allah SWT advice on anything deen related is taken with a grain of salt.

You're still going on by your baseless assumptions, you're very resilient I see
:D
What proof is there that the "anyone" in question has or has not rejected the "deen of Allah"?
I don't think a believer in Allah SWT would ever utter the words "if as per your ignorant assumption I don't believe in deity (be it God/Allah/Yahweh/Shiva) then that does not negate recognition of one of the foremost institutions of learning in the Muslim world and one of the oldest in the world."

Deity? Come again? Are you allergic to stating Allah SWT Alone? As Muslims we Revere the Name of Our Lord. I may have jumped the gun since I don't know your heart or you, if wrong than it's upto you to correct me or I will be entitled to my assumptions.

ailamos   

I don't think a believer in Allah SWT would ever utter the words "if as per your ignorant assumption I don't believe in deity (be it God/Allah/Yahweh/Shiva) then that does not negate recognition of one of the foremost institutions of learning in the Muslim world and one of the oldest in the world."

Deity? Come again? as Muslims we Revere the Name of Our Lord.

This is too funny. OK Ashkiro, by all means, please be entitled to your assumptions :D:D

Abyan   

MashaAllah medina university is good university. I have 3 of my friends that had their husbands study there 8 years ago.

Its basically back to basic and builds you from there in Islam.