Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Not Again - London Tube Alert

Haddad   

Originally posted by Blessed:

I don't like it one bit :mad:

It's no longer The Great City of London.

Originally posted by 7 of Nine:

I cant handle another bout of paranoia.

Only a true Borg would adapt to such situations, not an ex-Borg.

Blessed   

^It is darling, it is!

I've always been anti-police terror but it doesn't change my views about London. I don't even understand why people are making such a big deal about being in a state of emergency. The whole world is!

I still remember the IRA in the early nineties. London is used to it, why it's getting played up..ilahay baa og! In all honesty, I'm more scared of getting attacked by one of those weirdo rapists and randome killers then being blown up on the bus.

It's the Muslim connection with it and the consequent backlash that bothers me. :(

7ofNine,

He was the only real person in the house, na mean? He had essence, character and dameer. The rest disgust me *shrugs*

He was rude, obnoxious, offensive and I couldnt stand the kid. Muran uun buu meesha la soo taagnaa. Annoying!

Haddad, I'm an ex-borg. smile.gif

NGONGE   

O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,

And men have lost their reason! - William Shakespeare (Julius Caesar).

The news reports regarding today’s incidents have been sketchy and not very clear. Though the country is in a state of emergency and the police are allowed (even encouraged) to shoot to kill. The descriptions of the shooting and the way it was carried out throws up limitless questions. Still, and here is where civilisation comes into it (for those that don’t understand the meaning of the word), there is likely to be a lengthy enquiry in due course, those found guilty will be punished and justice will be seen to have been fulfilled.

Do the heroes that blow up civilians conduct any enquiries?

Read the following quotes and ponder the similarities:

"Neither Jewish morality nor Jewish tradition can negate the use of terror as a means of battle.

"...We are quite far from moral hesitations on the national battlefield. We see before us the command of the Torah, the most moral teaching in the world: "Obliterate - until destruction." We are particularly far from this sort of hesitation in regard to an enemy whose moral perversion is admitted by all.

"But primarily terror is part of our political battle under present conditions and its role is large and great:

* "It demonstrates, in clear language, to those who listen throughout the world and to our despondent brothers outside the gates of this country of our battle against the true terrorist who hides behind his piles of papers and the laws he has legislated.

* "It is not directed against people, it is directed against representatives. Therefore it is effective.

* "If it also shakes the Jews in Israel from their complacency, good and well.

"Only so will the battle for liberation begin."

-- He Khazit (The Front, a Lehi underground newspaper), Issue 2, August 1943. The italicised quotation is a combination of two Biblical references to the Amalekites, Ex. 17:14 and Num. 14:45: Utterly blot out their remembrance...and destroy them completely.

Many of these quotations were made by the early Jewish terrorist groups of the 1940s. The Hagganah/Irgun and Stern Gang were all Jewish groups (or splinter groups) that fought for the establishment of the state of Israel. They fought on two fronts. The Arabs on one side and the Brits on the other.

They were regarded as terrorist organisation by the British government and they managed to kill, destroy and injure many British institutions and civilians. However, and this is where this terrorist group, the IRA and even the Spanish ETA differ from our dear heroic brothers, whenever these groups were about to bomb a new place, they always gave/give advance warnings in case civilians get caught in the crossfire or explosions. Our brothers and sisters (and here I‘m referring to the suicide bombers), the people of Islam and the ones born occupying the moral high ground never bother with such formalities.

One wonders about the sanity of a suicide bomber when he goes in a train full of civilians, a market full of shoppers or even a line of job applicants! How does such a person rationalise his act? Are all his dreams about heaven? Do no hell nightmares creep in and weaken his resolve?

One is obliged to quote the Bard one more time: When Hamlet contemplates suicide in his famous soliloquy “To be or not to be...â€, he lists all the reasons why a man would kill himself (or ought to kill himself). He then talks about death and compares it to sleep. He wonders about the dreams one might have if they decided to “sleep†(or as he puts it, shuffle of this mortal coil)! He finally reasons that such ‘sleep’ is folly and that people endure the evil of life because they’re scared of the evil of the after death! Of course, neither Shakespeare nor Hamlet followed Islam and knew about the certainty of Martyrdom. Shakespeare knew about Christianity though and knew about Heaven and Hell. With such background information and exquisite reason, he decided to spare his hero (Hamlet) the burden of committing suicide because (in his mind I guess) he didn’t know for sure which side suicidal Hamlet will end in (Heaven or Hell).

I wonder if suicide bombers brood over such questions. In fact, I would not mind reading the soliloquy of one. :rolleyes:

PS

The source of the quotes above is: wikipedia.org

Castro   

Ngonge,

I do remember not willing to further discuss this topic with you but the more I read your posts, the more I find them logical and well thought out. I'm not sure I disagree with you on everything. But I do have a couple of questions and I hope you'd be kind enough to answer them. If the bombings in London are related to Iraq, do you consider them a form of struggle? If suicide bombers attacking civilians (in London, Baghdad or NY) declare no religious affiliation (i.e. secular guerillas) but a genuine fight for liberation, would their actions be justified in any way?

If you do respond, I know it won't of the tedious and simple variety I've come to be notorious for.

Thanks!

Sorry to say police have confirmed they have wrongly killed the person on friday , he was an innocent person wasnt connected to the Thursday attempts. Subhannallah blame it on 'shot to kill orders'. Open for inquiries and disciplinary actions now that is if the family will complain.

article, bbcnews

Ngonge, I only wish people could read and reflect more. I wouldnt mind handing out copies of Macbeth to all Suicide bombers wannabes.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

This is plain unhumane.

I agree sister but its in the name of national security. Such sacrifices are allowed in any nation, when there is a risk of more harm. hold your horses,pls I didnt give the orders but its known since ancient times such mishaps/killings/sacrifices do occur. Personally ,I still beleive it was uncalled for.

Castro   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Sorry to say police have confirmed they have wrongly killed the person on friday , he was an innocent person wasnt connected to the Thursday attempts.

His innocence is of no consequence at the moment. Let's see how many more will be shot by the police to quench the british thirst for blood.

I've seen the headlines of all London dailys and one of them even said "one down three to go". That's awesome. An eye for an eye is the only way to go. That whole turn the other cheek is for suckers! Get this show on the road already.

WOL; subxanaalh; i can't believe he wz another innocent guy, shot for no reason; miskiin; :(:(

what is confusing is that when plain clothing so called "police officers" point gun's at you and shout for you to stop, not knowing who they are or what they want will make any one run, specially if your English is limited; for all you see is guys with gun's running 2wards you;

you would probably think they were saying "get him" or "kill him"

Kashafa   

Still, and here is where civilisation comes into it (for those that don’t understand the meaning of the word), there is likely to be a lengthy enquiry in due course, those found guilty will be punished and justice will be seen to have been fulfilled.

Tell that to Ahmed Diallo and the infamous 41 bullets. Reports say the police killers were hospitalised for traumau and "ringing in the ears" ! "Um yeah, I can't sleep real good, I'm always constipated, and I can't get it up at night" . Oh, the irony. You put 41 holes in a human and you want trauma treatment. Of course there was a lengthy inquiry, those guilty were aquitted, free as birds, and justice sweeped under the carpet. Point being: Justice, in these bastions of freedom, does tend to be quite selective at times. In this case, I'd wager to forego a year's worth of morning shaah if any officer is convicted. National Security and what not, see.

"He looked left and right, he looked like a cornered rabbit, a cornered fox, he looked absolutely petrified. I saw the gun being fired five times into the guy. They held him down and unloaded five shots into him"

Too early to tell, but it smacks of a revenge killing.

Scenario A: He was wired with a bomb and the police had to kill him before he set it off.

Ok, then why "hold him down". Why not shoot him from a distance ?

Scenario B: They had terminate-with-extreme-prejudice orders. An exeucution, basically

Just come out and say so. But nobody's buying the "he refused to stop so we had to wrestle him down and shoot him" theory

However, and this is where this terrorist group, the IRA and even the Spanish ETA differ from our dear heroic brothers, whenever these groups were about to bomb a new place, they always gave/give advance warnings in case civilians get caught in the crossfire or explosions. Our brothers and sisters (and here I‘m referring to the suicide bombers), the people of Islam and the ones born occupying the moral high ground never bother with such formalities.

Could you provide the source ? checked Wikepedia and even Google'd it some, but couldn't find any reference on how the ETA or IRA would *always* provide advance warning to civillians. Somehow the notion that a terrorist group would post flyers or send out brochures, actively broadcasting a future attack because they care for the health of old Mrs. O'Reilly, just doesn't ring true.

OG_Girl   

Such sacrifices are allowed in any nation, when there is a risk of more harm. hold your horses,pls I didnt give the orders but its known since ancient times such mishaps/killings/sacrifices do occur. Personally ,I still beleive it was uncalled for.

Good for you redface.gif

Salam

what is confusing is that when plain clothing so called "police officers" point gun's at you and shout for you to stop, not knowing who they are or what they want will make any one run, specially if your English is limited; for all you see is guys with gun's running 2wards you;

you would probably think they were saying "get him" or "kill him

You dont need english to see raging Police *with Guns i might add*, to know what they are about to do. A police Man asks you to "get down" and without a wink, i would Get down in a heart beat.

Seriously whats so hard about not running? :confused: . Drop like a sack of sugar.

May He rest in peace if he was a mistaken identity.

Am not justifying the actions of the police.They have a duty to protect millions of people[including some of you londoners].

the rationale here is that so many innocent ppl[58 to be exact] died. They didnt have nothing to do with all this crap.The only mistake they did was to go on about their daily business. Countless more got injured[May i add we have a member in this very site who was involved], what did she and the rest do?, nothing!

My point,innocent people get hurt in every situation. This was one of it. Those who are saying they would also run away, One advice: Dont freaking RUN. If someone in authority asks you to "GET DOWN" and Stop", do so. It might be a matter of life and death.

You dont freaking run away from the police. Period.

If sh~it happend,well suck it up!, 58 innocent ppl died and a week later, some even crazier Motha lover wanted to blow up more shi~t.

Kashafa, Amdou Diallo[May alah grant him jannah], was due to the actions of trigger happy NYPD officers, who worked in a bad section of NY. Many of their colleagues have been shot before in such cases. 41 bullets however was extreme. And in anycase,what is the co-relation btwn trigger happy police and a panic-tricken police in one of the worlds largest[And best] cities?

N.O.R.F   

there is likely to be a lengthy enquiry in due course, those found guilty will be punished and justice will be seen to have been fulfilled

The inquest will last no longer than a week, the officer(s) who did the shooting will NOT be punished due to the basic facts that he followed protocol of shooting suicide bombers in the head when there is a threat (due to the current circumstaces, the officer shot him because he ran away when told to stop and that he was wearing a puffer jacket in the middle of summer)that enough to shoot someone by The Met Police Rules(however unfortunate), allah yarxama to the diceased. I dont blame the police, they did not create this period of tense un-certainty, they did not create this environment we all have to live in, they did not create the suspicion of all muslims in the capital. It is all down the cowardly attacks 2 weeks agon and the failed attempts this weak.

We have had muslims killed in bombs, killed by the po-po and many arrests. Those who sypathise/support must review their stance. True it was expected to happen but that doesnt make it a war against a govnt who invaded Iraq. Just look at Sharm Al Sheik today, is this a war against a Govnt or innocent ppl? Bl**dy cowards!

Kashafa   

The inquest will last no longer than a week, the officer(s) who did the shooting will NOT be punished due to the basic facts that he followed protocol of shooting suicide bombers in the head when there is a threat

The police didn't do that. According to an eyewitness, They chased and tackled him, held him down, and unloaded 5 shots into him. reason for his being suspected ? Visiting a house that was under surveillance. That could have been me or you. As for him not stopping, would you have stopped if you saw men in regular clothes with no identifying badges, rushing you with guns drawn and pointed ? It's called Self-Preservation, sxb. You see death, you run. Very simple.

The police didn't do that. According to an eyewitness, They chased and tackled him, held him down,

Tough Luck. Three policeMen, one Eye witness. Who would a Judge beleive?

As for him not stopping, would you have stopped if you saw men in regular clothes with no identifying badges, rushing you with guns drawn and pointed ? It's called Self-Preservation, sxb. You see death, you run. Very simple

Someone Anyone. How Many ppl here know of a HUMAN/ANIMAL that can run faster than a BULLET?

Going once,going Twice.......