Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Not Again - London Tube Alert

N.O.R.F   

Man shot dead by police on Tube

Police have cordoned off a 200-metre area around the station

A man has been shot dead by armed officers at Stockwell Tube station, as police hunt four would-be bombers.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen a man of Asian appearance shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers" with a handgun.

"I saw the gun being fired five times into the guy - he is dead," he said.

Passengers were evacuated from the Northern Line station in south London. The incident followed four minor explosions in the capital on Thursday.

Police have cordoned off a 200-metre area around Stockwell station.

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Ambulances including an air ambulance have been sent to the scene at Stockwell.

They pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him

Witness Mark Whitby

'They unloaded five shots'

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I was sitting on the train reading my paper.

"I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'!

"I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Passenger Alison Bowditch told BBC News: "The tube pulled into the station and we were sitting there, you know, as you do and then there was just a lot of shouting and the sound of gunfire and then people were saying, 'Get off, get off!'

"Somebody definitely went to the ground and as they went to the ground I heard gun fire and assumed they had been shot."

People on my train started banging on the doors, saying, 'Let us off, let us off!

Passenger Jason Dines

Jason Dines, of Brixton, south London, was on a train that pulled in to Stockwell station at about 1000 BST.

He told BBC News: "I suddenly became aware there was a real sense of panic.

"I could see people running down the platform to the exit.

"People on my train started banging on the doors, saying, 'Let us off, let us off!'

"They were making so much noise, it was impossible to hear the driver's announcements.

"The fear was contagious - I felt my heart racing.

"The doors of the train opened - but the driver was trying to get everyone to get back on the train.

"The PA system on the platform was clearer.

"Once people got the message they got back onto my train, and we continued on our way.

"At that point people were saying they had seen armed police shoot a man on the opposite platform.

"People were very scared. I was very angry."

After Thursday's London blasts, the bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.

Paragon   

As we speak there is a police raid or something going on in Harrow-Road. Road is cordonded off and Morocan-looking women taken away by the police from an internet cafe. Bomb Squad present. Go to www.bbcnews.co.uk ...and click of live coverage thats if you have broadband connection.

Be safe

Diamante   

Hey Nomads

How is everyone? I hope all of you are doing great amd aren't too affected by these incidents. I just wanted to write a quick message to tell you all take care of yourselves in London.

Alxamduliaah I'm doing better, much better than before actually. Insha Allah I will make a full recovery. Thanks for your kind words and well wishes. Bob has been terrific in keeping everyone updated.

The people who did this will get punished. In the meantime look after yourselves.

Paragon   

It is very nice to hear you are ok... Alxamdullilaah for that. I wish you a quick recovery Insha-allaah aamiin.

Take care sister

N.O.R.F   

Diamante

Alxadullilah that your fine and recovering. Bob did a good job in informing us.

Do take care out there ppl.

Curly   

Diamante, I'm glad you're feeling better walaal...take care of yourself walaal!

And thank you for taking the time to post smile.gif

Curly   

OH MY GOD!

They look Somali, especially the bloke in the bottom left corner. I hope to God they're not!

^^ why, because all somalis are innocent?(*shakes her head@above poster)

This is getting old. London has officially turned to baghdad of Europe, yet I don't see anyone discussing baghdad children who die everyday, I don't see folks dedicating threads to baghdad. Give it a rest, this is old news.

Dia,

I'm glad you're feeling better.

London:

I was at a conference earlier today and half way through, the chair got up and announced that a suspect has been shot to death at Stockwell Station. Silly man... I would rather not have known.

On the way back, I got off the Jubilee Line at London Bridge to change to the Northern Line...only to be informed that the southbound service was suspended. Duh...obviously. I had forgotten Stockwell was enroute.

I'm really beginning to hate living in London.

Sniper   

The pictures of suspected terrorists posted on the BBC's home page look like somalis guys expecially for one guy. Hopefully Somalis in UK are not ****** enough to get involved in this world issue.

STOIC   

^^^Wait till you see airport-style screening for the underground train(tube) then pack your bags and move across the Atlantic :D

Haddad   

Originally posted by Sniper:

Hopefully Somalis in UK are not ****** enough to get involved in this world issue.

What does this has to do with being ****** enough? Suppose you were peacefully living in Somalia, and without provocarion the Brits invaded it, and along the way massacred your family members- now, do you need to be ****** enough to to get involved in this world issue?

Onother image:

capt.sge.oea67.220705160414.photo00.phot