Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Not Again - London Tube Alert

Viking   

The Asian looking man who was seen running (and chased by other passengers) from one of tube stations was heard shouting "What's wrong with these people?" Perhaps someone accused him of being a suicide bomber and he then decided to run for his life.

Something fishy is going on; apparently an Al-Qaeda splinter group has claimed responsibility but AGAIN (just like two weeks ago) the people claiming responsibility have made mistakes quoting the Qur'an. What are these extremists that can't even seem to get the verses of the Qur'an right? Some things don't add up!

Senora   

This is awful news....but thank goodness no casualties have been confirmed as of yet.

LOL@ Northerner. You know I saw this Somali guy on CNN, behind another fellow who was being interviewed. Looked rather anxious, if not frustrated to want to talk as well.... Could this be..... icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

I may well be on TV, standing behind a man disarged from hospital who they try to interview, me wearing silver framed glasses! :D

The Northern Line, Hammersmith and City, Bakerloo, Piccadilly and the Waterloo and City Line have all been suspended.

LATEST

1620: Two people are detained, police say. A police source says officers are looking for an unknown number of fugitives.

1610: No traces of chemical agents found at any of the incident sites, police say.

1559: Incident at University College Hospital is "stood down", Scotland Yard announces.

1547: Prime Minister Tony Blair says incidents such as Thursday's are designed to frighten people, adding: "We've just got to react calmly and continue with our business - as much as possible - as normal."

1545: Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says the situation is "fully under control". He says there is no indication of chemical or other attack, and that there has been only one casualty - not a fatality.

1525: Armed police arrest a man outside the gates of Prime Minister Tony Blair's 10 Downing Street offices.

1522: Police say no trace of chemical agents is found at Warren Street station following tests.

1503: Police appeal for anyone with photos or mobile phone images from the incident scenes to send them to www.police.uk.

1443: Police ask people to remain at work or at home.

1430: UK Government's emergency-response team Cobra meets at Downing Street, with Prime Minister Tony Blair, Foreign Secretary Jack Straw and Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair attending.

1428: Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says Thursday's incidents are "clearly very serious" but that the explosions were smaller than those which killed at least 56 people two weeks ago. He says the transport system will close down "for a short while".

1426: Police in protective gear deployed to Warren Street station.

1413: Prime Minister Tony Blair postpones a visit to a school in east London and a photocall with visiting Prime Minister John Howard of Australia, a spokesman says.

1411: Police cordon off a large area around University College Hospital, which is near Warren Street station.

1401: A White House spokesman says the US is "monitoring the situation closely".

1354: Police say they are not treating the evacuations as a "major incident yet".

1348: Westminster Underground station is evacuated.

1342: Police respond to reports of an explosion on a Number 26 bus in Hackney Road in east London. There are no reports of injuries.

1340: Ken Livingstone, the mayor of London, cancels an engagement because of the incident on the Underground, a spokeswoman says.

1325: London Underground announces services suspended on three lines, Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern.

1321: Fire service says smoke seen coming from Warren Street Tube station.

1320: The pound sterling falls against other currencies as word of the incidents hits the markets. The index of leading shares on London's stock exchange also falls.

1311: Shepherd's Bush station on the Hammersmith and City line is evacuated.

1245: Ambulance services are called to the Warren Street station on the Northern and Victoria lines. The station is evacuated.

1238: Ambulance services are called to the Oval Underground station on the Northern Line. The station is evacuated.

BBC

Stay safe Londoners.

-Lily-   

I thought it was a joke. Came back from lunch and people's sandwich bags were being searched again and there was a big que for ID checks, I knew something was up. Then they made an announcment about 'several incidents' (I'm beginning to hate that word)and we had further updates till home time.

No one was hurt, relax people. Although it was rather funny how a man was 'chased' and he could have been 'asian or black'. Get your story right. I thought it was just a copy cat. And the police skanning the UCL hospital like they were in a rambo movie...

nafta   

1_3503.jpg

Look at the suspicion on his face. I would slap his eyes out walahi. Just because she is covered.

Glad to hear no one is hurt. So take care everyone because this is just getting ridiculous.

Laba-X   

13:40, Westminster Station on the Jubilee Line - an announcement came on stating that Green Park station is closed, which is where i was supposed to get off. Ten minutes we waited and then another announcement witha rather frail voice advised all passenger to get off and evacuate the whole station. My altruism started to rekindle itself as i started helping elderly nanny's fighting up the stairs, panicking, looking flustered and terrified. my destination was Oxford Circus, and to my dismay the buses were also suspended. there i stood, uninformed, ingenuously oblivious to the violent incidents carried out within my environs! "What is going on?", i asked myself as my heart pounded heavily in my chest after witnessing the anmount of people running bewildered, flabberghasted, mystified; running for their lives as if an executioner was right behind them. Police sealed the area off, red warning lights flashed at the entrance to the station. Outside, the London Eye was still in operation as a myriad of tourists congregated beneath it all waiting for their turns. I looked to my right, the Big ben was still in place, still standing firm and tall. "So, i wondered, where did they hit this time"? i walked an excrutiatingly pastTrafalgar Square, down to Leicester Square to Oxford circus and with a sigh Thanked God the Almighty and treaded to work curiously, just to find out the confusion was nothing but a couple of nail bombs and there were no severe casualties.

What a Trivial situaition! My next door bu7ilding, BBC was also sealed off after a baggage was left unattended. How absurd!

Jacpher   

Look at the suspicion on his face. I would slap his eyes out walahi. Just because she is covered.

She's lucky if she didn't get detained for hours.

subxaanalaah walaahi ppl need to know the meanig of islam. killing innocent ppl is not any part of islamic way of living. what happen to the peave loving muslims.

Pacifist   

This is scary everytime I here something about London first thing ohh my mother hope she is oky. Just called she is fine. I think its time for her to move or me moving there. :(

Good to know that it isn't nothing too serious. Take care LonSolers

Haddad   

Originally posted by wiil_duco:

what happen to the peave loving muslims.

Most Muslims are peace loving. Islam instructs to retaliate fire with fire, although it gives preference to solving problems peacefully.

Originally posted by Pacifist:

I think its time for her to move or me moving there.

Moving to here or there wouldn't solve something. Here or there isn't home.