Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Not Again - London Tube Alert

What on earth is going on? :eek: :eek:

---------

'Incidents' spark Tube evacuation

Thursday, 21 July, 2005, 12:26 GMT 13:26 UK

Emergency services have been called to three Tube stations after "incidents", Scotland Yard said.

Police confirmed they had been called to Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

There have been reports of smoke coming from two of the stations and all three have been evacuated.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.

Police also confirmed that emergency service personnel have responded to reports of an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren St station, has started its emergency plan.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning.

"Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren St station said there was no sign of smoke outside.

BBC News

TUBE EXPLOSION REPORTED

1316792.jpg

There have been unconfirmed reports of an explosion on the London Underground, and an incident on a bus in Hackney, East London.

Stations at Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush have been closed.

The Ambulance service reports one injury at Warren Street station.

Services on the Victoria, Northern and Hammersmith & City Lines have been suspended.

Emergency services started receiving calls just after 12.30.

At Warren Street there were reports of a nail bomb explosion. Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said police believe this may have been the sound of detonators going off.

A Transport for London spokesman said: "There is a Code Amber which means that the trains are being taken to the next station and passengers evacuated to above ground.

"Police are at all three stations."

Victoria Line train passenger Ivan McCracken told Sky News he spoke to an Italian man who witnessed an explosion just after the train arrived at the platform.

"He told me he had seen a man carrying a rucksack which suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open his rucksack. Everyone rushed from the carriage. People evacuated very quickly. There was no panic.

"I didn't see anyone injured but there was shock and fright.

"There was a smell of smoke."

"The man who was holding the rucksack looked extremely dismayed.

Police have cordoned off the streets around Warren Street station. They said a suspect package had been reported on a Victoria Line train.

Sky reporter Mark White said authorities are "pushing everybody as far back from the station as they can".

"Police activity suggests that they are looking for somebody on the outside here."

Another eyewitness, Sosiane Mohellavi, said "Everyone panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

Scotland Yard said emergency services have responded to an "incident" on a Number 26 bus in Hackney Road, on a junction near Colombia Road, east London.

The bus windows are apparently blown out.

Sky News Foreign Affairs editor Tim Marshall said: "There is a bus parked there which is empty and there is nobody anywhere near it. This does indicate that police think the bus is still dangerous."

Sky News Online's Rob Cole is at Shepherd's Bush. He said: " The whole of Shepherd's Bush Green is sealed off. About 400 metres on both sides of the Tube station is affected."

It is two weeks to the day since bombers attacked three Tube trains and a bus in central London. Link

And other worrying news - Scotty's demise

A member of the original cast is gone. The living legacy is chipping bit by bit.. :( . No more will we see them all together in 'Trek Conventions' or those rare get 2gethers.... ohh :(

I dont know how I'm expected to work with so much tragedy and chaos around me. :mad:

Curly   

rokko, who ever it is, is following in the example of the pervious bombings. There's three underground stations and bus explosion.

But Alhamduiallah the explosions were small and apparently, Sky news has reported a man's rucksack blowing open, and he was said to have looked "dismayed" (lol) the passengers tried to detain him. Go on londoners! smile.gif

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1189833,00.html

N.O.R.F   

Russell Square is about 0.3 miles away, the roads are shut, police everywhere and the media, i've been trying to get on TV for the past 30mins miggling with the reporters

N.O.R.F   

between that and watching the cricket next door at University College London i was giving directions to tourists, the general public and letting the media through our cordon,,,, :D