Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

AND YOU THOUGHT THE SOMALI MEN ARE THE WORST.

DA i think waxaa ku haysata "once you go black, there is no coming back" loool..soo noqo walaashiis we want you back....and insha alaah the day will come "adigoo JARIIBAN jooga oo arigaaga iska raacanaaya, oo markasta nin soomaali ah ku soo agmaro aad mashxaro ku dhufatid uuuuluuulay uuuluulay" that day will come, hope u know that... :D:D:D

asxantu

Gediid,

Was anything I said a lie? I don't think so. But posts like these make us seem like we are saintly and do no wrong. And it' my pet peeve really. And nothing against the Somali culture, the bariis and the moos thing is my personal favorite!

Shoobaro,

I was born black and will forever stay black. I don't know what else you were implying with that post.

Tuujiye   

looooooooooooooooool@ mashxarad...

DA listen sweety do you know in T.O most of the women who take wallfare are single mothers... you said this

That doesn't change the fact that many Somali women are under government assistance, and alot of them are married.

They are under government assistance because they ditch their husbands.. Something you would see ok.. In T.O the single mothers are too much and they all kicked their husbands out and now they wish they didn't... Awal markee erinayeen waxaa heysay magaalo joogxumo iyo ilbaxnimo ah " we are free woman and we have 911" hada dhib baa heysta because caruurtii kuli wee ka halaabeen..gabdhihii jidadka ayaa lagu heystaa wiilashiina xabiska ayaa lagu heystaa... I work with somali families thats why I know this.

I don't know why you always talk of somali men like they are an educated and lazy bumb. I could swear some of us in here are ten times more educated than you and you could benefit from them. If somali men are wax lagu qasaaray know that adigana waxaa tahay wax lagu qasaray because other than ALLAH, you were brought here by a man your father who is somali I hope...

Get real sweety and educate your self and be judgemental when you know thing by facts...

wareer badanaa!!

Tuujiye   

I was born black and will forever stay black. I don't know what else you were implying with that post.

Black somalian like or not..your black and you will always be somalian..

Qac Qaac   

Was anything I said a lie? I don't think so. But posts like these make us seem like we are saintly and do no wrong. And it' my pet peeve really. And nothing against the Somali culture, the bariis and the moos thing is my personal favorite!

... and u make other cultures saintly, but not urs. isn't that contradiction, u r fighting over here not to make our own culture saitly, but u r making the other cultures saits. so come on.

as for the stats, ask canada statitstics... u'll see that us somali immigrants who came to north america last 15yrs or so.. are beating the jamaicans, Hatians, and no every black person u see from africa is not nigarian.. they could be Ghana, Rwanda, Congo and so on..

also do u know that Nigeria is the largest populated country in Africa.. if we are second to them, and we are only 10million ppl. that itself is an honour DA.. love ur somali men.

LMAO.

I get it now.

There is a crusade for the Somali men coordinated by the boras. How cute!

Feebaro,

uhm, there are so many holes in your post, walahi I don't even know where to start. I am from Toronto and let me tell you most of these women claim to be single but have husbands overseas, across the border or living somewhere else. Sure they are the single parent in the home, but as far as divorce, I do not think so. Can you tell me for what organization/company you work for? and where did you get your statistics?

And what about he 911 system? the only people I hear complaining about this are men....who think its alright to smack their wife across the head. If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that weak argument.

Yes there are many people who are more intelligent than I am. Sure, They are older and had more education and experience. Matter of fact, more than you even. What's your point?

QQ,

Actually, I didn't talk about any other culture and make them saintly. You just chose to see it that way. No culture in this world is perfect or better than the other. I am just less arrogant than you, that's all.

nuune   

waraada meeshaan is heesasho aaba ka jirtee see camal akhyaarta, wixii importantiga lee aan ka hadalno maxaa is qabqabsiga keenayna,peace and luv

dawoco   

Gediid, you took the words out of my mouth. If we won't hold ourselves up high, then who will?

We all know that our culture has imperfections, but that doesn't make us worse than others and doesn't give any one of us the right to talk our culture, our upbringing down. For every Somali family unit that doesn't function, there are dozens that do.

As for the chewing and all the other things used to demonize our men, its such a big generalization that it doesn't sway me one way or another. Not every somali man does it. Men used to chew back home and still work. Many of them bring in a pay check even now. They own shops and what have you.

also, lately women have been picking up the trend.

So the females too aren't perfect, but they are making due with what life has sent them.

If you tarnish your culture with all that is bad, it just reflects on you. No matter how imperfect they are, as far as others care you are one of them...

amiin sista foxi brown! if u but down your culture, it only reflects on you and no one else!

we should all proud of our culture... and abandon

feelings like, i dont like the bros or sistas!!

w/o any legit reasons but on the notion of ill conceived baises!! :mad:

An African man from non-Islamic cultural backgrounds told me once,

Brother you as a Somalian have something to die for, religion, language, culture, solid integrity and a historic place called Somalia, but we as Africans of western values do have nothing of our own. They first took our language, and secondly, our religion, and finaly our cultural believes and history.

Because of that significant remarks, I believe we (Somalians) are always in a position to appreciate the bounties granted us by Allah.

Salma   

one friend once told me :

Salma : Inadeer classique our males are good men walahi, they are better than many males in this world

Classique: Good men :confused: , o lesh, what they did for us, don't tell me they are leading the strongest Country in the world, don't tell me they are the greatest men on the world, don't tell me they are the bravest men on this earth. 4god sake :mad: , besides if His Majesty your husband is a nice guy it doesn't mean that all the somali men are good. Every rule has an exception, and your husband is the Only Exception in Somalia :D

Salma: na bal listen to me carefully:-

1- Somali Man will eat anything from your hands, he doesnt ask much in food. Maybe some of them are obssesed and love Meat, Lever, Maraq and Moqma alot, but still they are not crazy about foods, anythng you give them they will eat it from your even if its poison LOL

2- The Somali man (husband) don't care about his wife's clothes inside the house. She can wear anything she wants and he doesnt ask her to wear nice, beautiful clothes all the time , full make-up, henna and blah blah blah, You don't have to be a babydoll full of colors just to please his crossed-eyez.

3- The Somali man has good relationships with his mother-out-law LOOL i mean his (Sodoh) 7amatooo ya3ni. Our men have no problems with their Sodohz. They consider them as their mothers.

4- The Somali men are not scrooge, its true they have hot-tempered personalities, they may fight with their wives about their tribes, cities back home, their bravery when they were teenagers (5re6y 6ab3an) but they don't fight about money.

5- The Somali man don't poke his nose in his wifes' concerns: who r her friends? why she is coming this time? whom you are talking to? why are you wearing this color? how much you spent on this dress? how much you have in your account now....etc

6- I know they are so tough and harsh when they say romantic words (na wan ku jecalahy eeewwwww) but wallahi they are kind. I mean this is our somali language, style and culture, this is how they say the romantic words, what we can do?? we cant change'em @ all, even if they reached the Moon.

wallahi they are good

Classique : Wallahi ya Salma you are dreaming, and i know you are reading my reply. So stay in love huuno smile.gif