Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

AND YOU THOUGHT THE SOMALI MEN ARE THE WORST.

IL CAPO   

I am not saying all Somali men are Angels per say but I think we deserve much more credit than you girls are giving us and if you think I am bluffing take a look at this and tell me if there is ever a Somali husband who would do something so hideous like this to his beloved wife.

Amman - A Jordanian man forced his wife to sit on the bonnet of their car as he drove through the streets of the capital to "punish" her after an argument, Al Dustour newspaper reported on Wednesday.

As a result the 22-year-old woman fell and was hospitalised for broken bones and concussion, the daily said, adding that she was in "moderate condition".

Her 27-year-old husband was arrested.

Al Dustour described the incident as a "novel and curious method of punishing wives" and said it was the first of its kind in Jordan.

P.S on the other hand i don't think there is a Somali lady who would ever tolerate such a rubbish from her Husband and i am glad for that.

Haddad   

Originally posted by IL CAPO:

on the other hand i don't think there is a Somali lady who would ever tolerate such a rubbish from her Husband and i am glad for that.

There are some women of all nationalities and ethnicities who tolerate "such a rubbish", including Americans, Iranians, Tanzanians and etc. The fact is there are Somali ladies who tolerate "such a rubbish"; there's nothing special about Somalis regarding that, they're just like others.

Curly   

Many Somali women are the victims of domestic violence and the only reason you don't hear about it so often is because it's not aired so publicly!

In fact since we come from a culture that condones actions like that, I’m not too surprised about it.

Cawralo   

Originally posted by the_persecuted_reformer:

umad kastaba wey wada dhiban yihiin....laakiin faaido kuma jurto in joornaalada la isku qoro<.........mana'aha dhaqankeena

Therof our backward culture, and it's inability to make progress.

Oh since Somalis are so darn perfect, why don't u answer this?

Does our culture not slice and dice women's private parts?

Did our culture not wipe each other's clans out? rape the women and kill children in the process?

Does our culture not have women who have husbands who don't work but they are on the welfare system with 10 and half kids? and what are the husbands doing in turn......maybe chilling at the local coffee shop or chewing qaad?

gee, we are so darn PURFECT! :D

Well, there are people of all colors and ethnicity who do weird shyt on this planet.

But hey, i also witnessed some sick shyt commited by somalis as well.

Such I shall not mention,

However iwill mention this weird incident that had accured

In minneapolis.

Since there is so much interacial marrieges

happening now a days in out Community,

It took place about 2months ago,when rescently married

somali sista and Afro-American Brotha(was muslim)

happen to came by on nice sunday afternoon at somali mall,

The sista had seen a cuzzin of hers, she hadn't

seen for a while or so,You know how we somalis

Hug up kiss on both cheeks,the brotha just did

that, and,"iska waran,(mentioning the sista'z

name) see tahay" before the next sentence

the afro-american brotha took step back punch

the somali guy so hard he went right to sleep,

shocked the girl did nothing,Other somali guys

who happen to be around jumped in whoop the

afro-american brotha up,the brotha left got with his

click came back fought some others and so and so

on,well hey. Thats why Ussually recomend staying

with your own race is better for many reasons.

cuz we have culture not even a man with phd

could accomblish on understanding way we work

and how we go about on livin the daily life.

I got another story,that just happen to me in about to weeks ago,damn, just makes me clinch my fist remmembering it..but i'll share next time..

Qac Qaac   

Subxanallah why u hate somali men so much.

Hey everyone has mistakes. DA don't only see the somali men mistakes, u r educated person, look at the other cultures mistakes. look at the woman be fair, judge it fair.

i am not saying somali men are perfect. but u should take easy on the brothers who sit on coffe shops. u sould consider that these men that u see sitting on coffee shops were engineers, doctors, pilots, senators in their country. but the country got destroyed and came here to live as immigrants, who probably have to work either in taxi caps. or own xawaalad, or xalaal meat place. u should know they are going through things. it is not fair that u judge some ppl, who have more knowledge than u like that. u should consider everything then be harsh on them. yes there some lazy bumps who don't wanna do anything. but every culture has those ones.

do u know peurto ricans are # 1 ppl who take welfare. do u know most of the blacks that go to universities are somalies. pls dhulka hana gu jiidin. be fair. haddaa xanaaq dhinac kale ah aad u heeso nimanka soomalida waala fahmi karaa. laakiin stop being judgemental, and look at the flows of the woman too. be fair.

allah says in his quran, ( be just even if it is against u)...

FatB   

hay devil's adv

Does our culture not slice and dice women's private parts?

"Did our culture not wipe each other's clans out? rape the women and kill children in the process?

Does our culture not have women who have husbands who don't work but they are on the welfare system with 10 and half kids? and what are the husbands doing in turn......maybe chilling at the local coffee shop or chewing qaad?"

sure every thing sound bad if u remembour it. shheez

people these days never forget any thing

IL CAPO   

There are certain things that married people seem to do but I never understood the purpose of it.

A-Why on earth would a married man be out all night long with the so-called friends and chewing the night away while his beautiful wife is waiting for him at home and she falls sleep on the couch while she was patiently waiting for her husband to come home to her? What kind of friends would encourage a married man to stay out all night, a real friends supposed to chase you away and tell you to go home to your loving wife and not keep you away from her.

B-why would a married woman need to wear indecent clothes and expose herself to other men or be in the company of men other than her husband?

These days we have married people doing all sorts of things and I am afraid it all contributed to the countless broken homes that we Somali people have today.

We hear or even see a married people committing physical and verbal adultery and I have always said, in my opinion the most unfortunate person in the whole world is the one, whose partner cheats on him/her, now normally the word "Cheat" is something that I would only associate with fear and something only a coward would do because remember no one grabbed you by the neck and forced you to marry this person and if your partner fails to live up to his/her responsibilities then all you have to do is ask for a divorce instead of stooping to such a low level and I believe any self respecting person and God fearing person would never do such things but you never know and there are some married people who indulge in Cyber Romance and lead on innocent and unsuspecting people and they might even deny that they are married.

But I honestly believe that the person that you are cheating with won’t have an ounce of respect for you because once you lose yourself respect no one else will respect you.

OG_Girl   

Personally, I never thought Somali are worse. Somalis are just like other people there is bad and good.

The guy was so cruel though.

DA, nice to see you around girl.

Salam

Il Capo, I see you've changed your tune a bit. My point was that every culture does its f*d up thing. **inserts shock factor** even somalis. We are not God's gift to earth. We do have our share of wife-beaters, child-molestors and murdering thugs. The poet just proved my point even more. Why would you give a black man getting beat down by somalis guys as an example? Doesn't he realize that it makes us look even worse?

QQ,

But peurto Ricans out numbers us by.....ALOT. That doesn't change the fact that many Somali women are under government assistance, and alot of them are married. Yeah, we should all sympathize with these post-professional somali men who sit at coffee shops during working hours. Because obviously they can't go back to school like other people, get different degrees and get a decent job to support their 7 1/2 kids. And can you give me statistics that somalis are more likely to go to universities than other black people? The last time I heard, it was Nigerians.

Gediid   

I base my culture on how I was raised by my parents.What Ali did to Mariam should have no effect on how I percieve a whole community let alone portray others negatively.I just dont see where all this negativity some have of their culture comes from.I have sisters as educated if not more educated than most in here and I have yet to see them talk as bad as some in SOL do of their culture.I know and they know there are a lot flaws in it just like there are flaws in every culture but it does not mean that every moment one gets a chance they should demonise it.I do not wish to get into a lenghty argument on this topic but please your culture is yours to protect,if you feel there are flaws in it its there for you to correct it.