Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

This is how the Habashis are brainwashing our kids

Gaalo will be Gaalo.

Disgusting how they make children dance like Shakira, and besides whats more important is the school

World Peace Day Catholic School Program in Jijiga.

They want to make us like the Hararis.

Ciyaalkaas Soomaali ma'ahee ee wax kale la imoow. Jigjiga Xabashi badan ayaa soo degay, iskuna balaarinaayo sanidihii u dambeeye.

Soomaali intee qabiil hebel, qabiil heblaayo ku haayaan ayaa dhulkooda kis kis la iskugu balaarinaayaa. I saw that same thing happen in Gaarisa. Kenyaati badan ayaa kusoo arkay in last year mar aan booqday. That wasn't the case in late 1992 and early '93 mar aan u qaxnay oo Nayroobi ka qaxnay because fear of election violence.

The Zack   

Ciyaalkan waa Xabashi, Somali ma aha. The Somalis in Western Somalia uphold their culture very well despite the fact they lived with Xabashis for decades.

When I was there in 2006, my family lived close to the church where they also have their school. I hated to hear their never-ending church bells at the oddest hours of the night!

For all those who are complaining the fact that Somalis might be exposed to this or their land is taken or even worse things, this is the exact thing that the Liberation front is fighting against so if your claims are genuine, you know who to support

Based on figures from the Central Statistical Agency in 2005, Jijiga has an estimated total population of 98,076 of whom 50,355 are men and 47,721 are women.[14] The 1997 census reported this town had a total population of 65,795 of whom 33,266 were men and 32,529 women. The four largest ethnic groups reported in this town were the Somali (61.58%), the Amhara (23.25%), the Oromo (7.32%), and the Gurage (4.37%); all other ethnic groups made up 3.48% of the population.[15] This city is the largest settlement in Jijiga woreda.

LST, while I do not have hard numbers, I would say the big majority of the population is Somali. The city looks like any other city in Somalia and would not notice the other ethnicities like Diri-dhawa (Harar and diri dhawa didn't look like somali cities). And those non-Somalis who live in Jigijga are mostly Uraaga business people and Tegrey goverment employees.

However, one thing that I noticed and bothered me was the fact that there were churches, catholic schools, and the most good businesses (ilaha dhaqaala-banks, xawaalah, airlines, constructions, imports, business contracts etc) were controlled by Tegrey goverment aligned individuals.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Ciyaalkaas Soomaali ma'ahee ee wax kale la imoow. Jigjiga Xabashi badan ayaa soo degay, iskuna balaarinaayo sanidihii u dambeeye.

Soomaali intee qabiil hebel, qabiil heblaayo ku haayaan ayaa dhulkooda kis kis la iskugu balaarinaayaa. I saw that same thing happen in Gaarisa. Kenyaati badan ayaa kusoo arkay in last year mar aan booqday. That wasn't the case in late 1992 and early '93 mar aan u qaxnay oo Nayroobi ka qaxnay because fear of election violence.

Idinkaa naga saaxateen sxb.

Actually, the mental colonisation is even more insidious among urban Somalis (Amharic, career expectations etc).

What you have in place is a system whereby our Somali Galbeed youth, from all clans, are looking forward to study and move into Addis Abeba after secondary or high school, just like we used to expect and dream about Paris or Roma.

It was indeed a shock when my relative told me about some Somali Galbeed partners of her barely speaking Somali in Hargeysa!

For all those who are complaining the fact that Somalis might be exposed to this or their land is taken or even worse things, this is the exact thing that the Liberation front is fighting against so if your claims are genuine, you know who to support

Well said Abdulladiif, oil exploration and other crimes are indeed being jeopardised by ONLF activities...

NGONGE   

I don't see anything grotesque about that video. It's little children dancing to a song (bakar bakar, stop that bus anyone? :D ). Quite foolish to to base the serious discussion that follows on such a foolish start.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Mad_Mullah:

Based on figures from the Central Statistical Agency in 2005, Jijiga has an estimated total population of 98,076 of whom 50,355 are men and 47,721 are women.[14] The 1997 census reported this town had a total population of 65,795 of whom 33,266 were men and 32,529 women. The four largest ethnic groups reported in this town were the Somali (61.58%), the Amhara (23.25%), the Oromo (7.32%), and the Gurage (4.37%); all other ethnic groups made up 3.48% of the population.[15] This city is the largest settlement in Jijiga woreda.

only 98,000? :eek: I was thinking Jijiga is a big city, :confused: