Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Farewell To SOL: Reflections of Maximus Powers

On the 08 July, 2009, I put myself to a public vote to either be voted out of SOL for good or to come back with another 1000 posts. I won the vote by 2% in what was a close knit result.

see here for results

I have reached that target now. However I will not be putting myself to another public vote. I have come to the conclusion that since my mandate to post another 1000 posts of self-opinionated bile has come to end; I will no longer be posting on SOL. As I write my 2000th SOL post, I am filling with tears because SOL has been my home for just over two wonderful years.

I clearly remember when as a young impressionable SOLer I started posting in late December 2007. I was completely overwhelmed by all my surroundings. SOL has been my home for the last two years and now as I write my 2000th post I firmly believe I have contributed to the discussion as far as I possibly could. I came to the conclusion that I need to move on and look to engage with other aspects of my life.

I have learnt a lot, read lot, and laugh a lot, and got to know many wonderful people. We might have crossed swords quite a lot but I enjoyed every part of it. I have learned a lot and SOL has indeed contributed to my personal development.

I want to thank all of you for all your efforts and support. I came with the intention of changing the perceptions and the stereotypes held by self-hating Somalis and non-Somalis like against Somalis and I firmly believe I have contributed towards this goal; however we have a long to go before changing this. I would like to advise you all to break the mould and show unity and unite for a common objectives, however our differences in views.

I wish you all the best in life and hope you all have a wonderful life. I hope you all achieve happiness and success in all your endeavours.

Signing off for one last time

Maximus Powers

Hey yo! lemme ask u dis! Me and layzie we found a gal 4 yah...so would u stay? I mean thats wats confusing the hell outta of u? correct.

Holla back before she disappears!l8tr...shes hot 2!! lol

Oz   

So you did everything yet you couldn't get the precious SOL princess, well there is a few things that went wrong me think.

a) your purpose for joining SOL was mainly to seek a woman.

b)The whole world knowing you are on youtube with your crappy eurotrash crap. :D

One more thing if you couldn't find her, does it mean you have to leave SOL? are you emotionally hurt seeing her around that you can't be around. Dude man up, it shouldn't be about her that you are here.

Man is a softtie for sure. my advice man up or be a coward/loser.

Besides get going mate, all I see from you is Threads about YOU YOU , Marx this Marx that. bax dheh :D

PS: Don't take this in a bad way sxb :D:D

chubacka   

As dramatic as always :D

Good luck Marcus...btw are all your scripts going with you? :eek: icon_razz.gif

I am joking, joking.

Let us know what madness you get up to in the years to come iA.

RedSea   

He'll be back. No one ever anounced they were going to leave and succusfully done it :D

I do hope you stick around, you were cool. :(