maakhiri1

Puntland: Massive corruption

Holac   

In Somalia, there are no accounting checks and balances. The "xisaabiye" thinks everything in the bank is his and it is for him to distribute. Nobody knows what comes in and what goes out. 

41 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I always wonder how does one go from being honest person to being a thief. I am sure most of these people were not corrupt when they assume these positions. How do you rationalize stealing public funds?

Its the system of checks and balances that allows, in some case encourages, in others it makes one weak to resist temptation.

If you don't fix the system to preventative you are only replacing one corrupt with another who will be corrupt sooner or later.

57 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

That might so, but I am sure he has some moral compass.

You never rely on people, you put laws and rules , checks and balances,  in place.

Humans , however godly,  under different circumstances, Fail.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

Its the system of checks and balances that allows, in some case encourages, in others it makes one weak to resist temptation.

If you don't fix the system to preventative you are only replacing one corrupt with another who will be corrupt sooner or later.

You have to have a good system, people corrupt each other.