Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

interracial marriages

Aaliyyah   

^ma ila aragtay BA,BSC, masters iyo PHD waxba kamay tarin..wali halkan ayeey so taganyihiin gabadhihi ma gayaan..

laakin waxa u malenaya somali jaceel dartii ayeey gabdhohoda saas uga hadlaan...

miyadan arag somalidii hore in ay hadalka jilicsan aad u jecleen siiba hadaad ayeeyo waydiisay gabayadii hore ee la isku qaadi jiray waxaad dareemasa hadala kulul in labada dhinac la weedaarsanayo..hadalka adag aya jaceel aha lool

Ibtisam   

Allamagan, all these outbursts, we all live in foreign counries, I am sure sisters, daughters will bring home someone or another, it is not like there is a mall for Somali marriage guys.

Allamgan adiga ayab ugu taaran with your crazy percentage (aside from Ngonge and I understand him he is arab Somali and they are controlling) but what is with everyone else.

Sayid, you know alhumdulilah my family wax walan kuma jirran, they mind certain clans, but few other nationalities are approved as we have history. :rolleyes: :cool: icon_razz.gif

Malika   

Che, I know..I had three days off,waan iska bashaalee hence the apprehension to going back tomorrow..lol

Sayid,we dont want that now!

Learning the linguistic structure and rules of a second language occurs much the same way as when occurring first language [Dulay & Burt 1974]. go find that journal...

Aaliyyah   

horta nimanka somaliyeed ma waxbay diidaan..taasi wa sheeko ii laaban :D

bt if u read my above comment u would see i was trying to defend somali men. So, you must have comprehension issuesss..

salaam

LOL@dulay - bal maxaan dulay ka baran :D

the problem with my area of focus is somali children are not fluent in their mother tongue so learning second langauge is even more difficult when you don't have strong first language to fall back on.

and by extension when they marry foreigners they will all have those funny misunderstandings that eventually lead to divorce.

Ibti – and you have to audacity to preach on – when your tuulo has declined our overtures for exchange policy

:mad:

Malika   

^They are not fluent in Somali,not fluent in English..any special needs issues? Then an initial look at the environment in which the child developed their first language it will reveals a great deal of their lack of linguistic variety,it is suggested that virtually all children effortlessly and naturally learn the language of the home.

So what is going on at home? Different child rearing practices perhaps?? Look into interpersonal talk..

Ibti, loool @ adaaba ugu daran! Wallahi I dont mind any somali sisters marrying to arabs and I never mentioned that I am against this but I was merely highlighting the cultural side of it and our differences when it come to marriage. forget the percentage thats my own estimate but the true is the figure likely can be higher. Our girls are more liberal they marry who they want muslim or gaal balse carabta waan ka naxaa inaay xorriyada ka qaadan. lol

interpersonal talk with children is none existent in the somali diaspora (due to misplaced priorities - children attend h/w clubs, Arabic tuition etc - but none offer somali). i have concluded - but unfortunately - i have no one to source - so i cheated by sourcing fake somali news :D

thanks for your input thought - it is most appreciated perhaps you be kind enought to proof read it for me once i finish)

Malika   

Sayid,

Sure..but 10,000 words? You will have to pay me..heh

Insha'allah kheyr..

Goodnight folks!

nuune   

Is this topic still goin on, let me add my half cent again :D

waxaan soo xasuustey gabar Soomaaliyeed oo guursatey nin iska dhal ah oo Swedish & Lebaneese ah, Maashaa Allaah, the brother was great, ayaduna kaba daran, they had full 3 months over the moon marriage, all of a sudden, waxaa soo kordhey is fahan waa, gabadhu waa gabadh dhaqanka Soomaalida ku adag, jecelna iney ku hadasho luqadeeda, and not ashamed of it, as usual, the swedish-lebanese husband had more Arab blood in him, so normally his whole family will come over to visit him almost 4 times a week, and would spend the whole day, the wifie don't mind that and shows respect and all the Somali way of life,

laakiin maxay kuugu taalaa, he doesn't allow her family to visit the house, halkan buu dhibka ka dhacey, she tried to save the marriage by using common sense, but he wouldn't accept her family at all to visit the house, keepin the Somali dhaqan, she convinced him then ok, I understand, then let us together visit the houses of my families, xariifkii waa laga gar lahaadey illeen gabadha is saving her marriage, and this guy waxaas umaba cadda, kulahaa we can meet up your family in the parks or somewhere, totally he refused any interaction with the family at his home or theirs.

Gabadhii maxay sameen,isii warqadeyda ayey tiri aabahaa cunee, khalaas, the rest is history.

so, inter-marraiges, probleemaatiko uno waa is fahan la'aanta, and this is when you need nin Soomaali ah to have gabar soomaali ah oo kolba bac madow bannaanka oogu tuureyso marka la murmo, then the next evenin loo yeeraayo, alla ma qaboow baa ku galay, hoo caanahan qab ka sii, then same bac madow after little is af garan waa, usually nimanku Soomaalida waa balaayo and they cause every problem at home directly or indirectly, no doubt about it, and no excuse!!

NASSIR   

Saafi, hadaad talo rabtid adiga iyo saaxiibtaadaba, talada Che raac. Gabdhahana waa is marin habaabiyaan baan maqli jirey ee bal taa ka fiirso.

Initially, the tidal emotional waves (out of trade for an undesirable dating activities) flood settlements of reason, that is why you see some girls who override the collective decisions of their loved ones over uncertainty and adventure into the unknown world.

I always advise my sisters for two things that would only complement and enhance their law-making abilities and independence: to hold fast to their cultural values and norms because that keeps the continuity, permanence, and stability of your own family in particular and nation in general and to beware of the artificial images of the media and their hidden agenda, that is, to control any given society within its jurisdiction and to transform them into the ways of the dominant culture whose interests, laws, and promotion they dearly represent. (We are all vulnerable and constant awareness is needed, so you (Saafi) did the right thing to seek the advise of brothers and sisters, some of whom have built misguided views from that held by the majority of Somalis.)

Aaliyyah   

^thanks for your input Nassir. I appreciate it.

cultural differences will definitely bring difficulties into ones life, but some people dont mind that and will try their best to work it out. At times it will work out, other times it will not work. But, everything is about calaf....whatever allah swt meant to happen will happen.

Shabeel interreligon marriages will only work if the two people in question are not practicing.

and this is when you need nin Soomaali ah to have gabar soomaali ah oo kolba bac madow bannaanka oogu tuureyso marka la murmo, then the next evenin loo yeeraayo, alla ma qaboow baa ku galay, hoo caanahan qab ka sii, then same bac madow after little is af garan waa, usually nimanku Soomaalida waa balaayo and they cause every problem at home directly or indirectly, no doubt about it, and no excuse!!

lool aint that the truth. way iska wanaagsantahay in dadkaaga lala joogo. Laakin qofkasta dookh buu leyahay..waxkastana wa calaf.

ma 2 cents

salam

NASSIR   

Salaf, dookha iyo calafkuba waa laba excuse ee Somalida isticmaalaan. Hadii Ilaah ku siiyey options badan oo midba mid kale ka daran yahey xaga wanaagsanaanta, inaad hal wax tiraahdid waa kan ugu wanaagsan oo wax ka sareeyaa ma jiraan waa khalad. 'the beautiful ones are not yet born' wanaaga oo dhan wuxuu isugu uruuura xaga Ilaahey oo qofkii la rabaa la siiyaa. Laakinse waa inaan taxadarnaa oo aanan eegin keliya tan shaqsiyadada qancin kareysa balse mid waalidkaaga ku faraxaan ama ay ku faraxsan yahiin ileen horaa loo yiri nasabnimada ilaasha. Caruurtaada mustabalkooda iyo weliba ilaalinta sumcada tan reerka aad ka dhalatey.

Dulqaad baa loo baahan yahey. Yaanan la degdegin oo dad ajanabi laga raadin nolol aan la hubin meesha ay ku danbeyneysano.

Hada ka hor baan my fb status ku qoray, which a lot of people liked and responded, sidatan...Make your own rules (independence) but ensure that they benefit not only yourself but your loved ones and close relatives and fulfillment of Allah's obligation is in exercise.