Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

interracial marriages

Polanyi   

ASWRB. Peace and Victory to all the halganized SOmalis of high calibre Moorish and Berber Origin.

Personally, I disagree with the idea of inter- racial marriages. If you are from Basque, you should marry someone from Basque. If you are from Puntland, you should marry someone from Puntland. If you are from Somaliland, you should marry someone from Somaliland. I will onyl a marry a Halganized SOmali women of noble Moorish and Berber origin.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

seeker ma nin baa horta mase bilcaan horta?

I will tell you only when you tell me what bearing that has on the point of contention.

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

Safa,

Growing up in the same country would give them a common culture to fall back on. I persoally think that marriage is above these considertions. It's about really wanting to be together, understanding each other and being compatible personality wise, everything else is just trimmings...

Gabadha ha waalin

Blessed...Trimmings eh. That's what "happily" married will say.

Seeker....Lure goes both ways and I don't encourage lies for moral and practical reasons.

Aaliyah..I understand "love after marriage" part but how do expect to land your mate first?

Blessed   

Gabdhuhu adhmi maaha, dookhna way leeyihiin @ Ducaysane.

Che,

LOL. Or those who had the misfortune to have a few rounds with reality.

Maaddeey   

Dadka qaar wax ma gartaan ilaa sagxadda ay soo taabtaan!

Aalia: Soomaali aad ab & isir taqaanno guurso dheh, intey hadhow iyadoo 4 wadato calaacali lahayd!

War Maaddeey,

Oo sooteey ninkaan Al-Shabaab gabar Soomaali ah siiyeen

amqaeda02.jpg

Or you are being selective.

Blessed*..I guess you can't argue with reality but then we experience realities.

Jacpher   

^Ma la yaabtay. That makes him a racist holier-than-thou. La jiifiyaa banaan weeye warku.

My advice is to listen to her parents. Talo waalid waa tuso wanaagsan. Ha dhinac marin waalidkaa warkiisa.

Hales   

Safa youve answered your own Question here

she might face that cultural obstacles. Given that they came from different cultures. Not to mention their families are not all that supportive of this union which might even complicate the issue farther.

Also if you want to have a response that can specifically talk about her situation you need to have a detailed background of the Somali girl thats getting married and the person shes marrying.

Another thing is that you mentioned their educated and want to get married, this alone shows they can control their cultural side. They have to know eachother properly to decide to get married, sax?

Ibtisam   

Aaliya; Wlc to my side dear sis, lakiin Iraqi men are like Syrian men, like Egyptian men, Like Saudi men, like Asian men= less freedom then Somali men, their women are NOT are free and independent as SOMALI women, and they are more controlling (or rather take care of their women) so if you are not use to it, it will drive you up the wall.

London seamen/ old Somali couples are great, the husband moves out and lives across the road when he reaches 60-70 without divorcing or re-marrying. Walahi I think that is classic, he comes home for lunch or dinner and sometimes stays over. It is so accepted and normal, this is so cool. Foreign men expect you to be literally there till death, no space.

P.s. But wa waxad isla garatan, if you can communicate, know each other well and respect each other you will work it out, somehow!

P.s.s. Good luck sister

Aaliyyah   

^true cade.

Aaliyah..I understand "love after marriage" part but ho

w do expect to land your mate first?

I am not saying a guy and a girl cant talk and go eat casho or what not as long as there is no physical involvement. All am saying is jaceelka runta ah wa marka labada qof is guursataan oo markaas ayaa runta la tabanaay. When someone am not married to tells me he loves me?? what is it based on?? few dinners here and there?? give it a break that is not love..at least to me.

Another thing is that you mentioned their educated and want to get married, this alone shows they can control their cultural side. They have to know eachother properly to decide to get married, sax?

Hales I dont think I wanna share any more personal info of my friend or the guy she chooses to marry. But I absolutely agree with you the girl I speak of she is not too cultural and neither is he so am assuming they can work things out inshallah I just hope the families become more cooperative. Sometimes when your families are not happy they increase the tension..

Ibti do u need glasses this aint about mee lool....

but thanks for the advice.

adigu hindigaaga xagaad isla marasaan icon_razz.gif ..

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^One day at a time sis, but ha iga cay kusbanka maha hindi, wa Bengali! but my somali is geting worse. :(

Mind you aniga online when people say my friend a waxas ku dhecin I assume wa iyga :D

Aaliyah-don't list to Ibtisam. Misery loves company ma maqli jirtey. Now that she is locked down with "controlling" Bengali, she wants others to experience that hence "welcome to my side". Seems like friendly gesture but in reality deadly trap :D

LooL@Ibti interesting point my friend aka me :D

You are right-ur Somali is terrible. Did he stop interacting with family and Somalis at large icon_razz.gif