Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

interracial marriages

Aaliyyah   

what are your thoughts on this subject? what are the benefits? what are the short comings? A somali friend of mine is getting married soon to an Iraqi guy.

she asked my advice on this and I told her that if he is religious thats all that counts at the end of the day. But, she might face that cultural obstacles. Given that they came from different cultures. Not to mention their families are not all that supportive of this union which might even complicate the issue farther.

what are yur thoughts??!!!

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Clearly if two people are getting married they do love each other..but then again what is love?? but thats a subject of its own but ma opinion is real love comes after marriage everything else is bahbaha iyo sheeko.

How do you think you love someone you have never lived with??..like you have to live with the person 24/7 and learn them inside out and then if you put with each other and accommodate one another then I guess you love each other lol..inta kale casho la is geenayo iyo la qosqoslayo jaceel ma aha...its just drama.But, if I go on and on we will get to another subject so lets just leave it at that..

my question is whats ur thoughts on interracial marriages?

STOIC   

Send your friend a copy of this book if she ever goes ahead with her interracial union...Honestly I have no opinion on this matter... :D

voh_if_starrett2.jpg

I personally wouldn't mind marrying a Chinese as long as I digged him & we shared the same values. Obviously I wouldn't want someone who is deeply rooted in culture, because religion > culture.

Your friend and her Iraqi friend, do they understand each other? Are they of the same class, educational background? Compatibility does not equal to culture.

Aaliyyah   

have you read the book? summarize the key points. I will def. give her if its worth it smile.gif

2+2 if you want someone who is not deep in their culture ma umaleenayo in aad indha yar rabtid, they have a strong culture.lol just my opinion icon_razz.gif

They are both educated and have careers established so they are compatible yes...

but the question is which one do you prefer culture or religion? will overlooking your culture bring difficulties in your life??..

salaam

Chimera   

Aalia & Ali Baba, has a nice ring to it. If i hadn't been caught by the Qalanjo net, i would probably have married a Korean or Japanese girl.

Safa that's why I said I wouldn't mind waxuu yahay as long as aan is fahamno. Hadii qofka uu culturkiisa aad iyo aad ugu dhax jiro, labada qof sidee isku fahmaan dhib ee noqoneesaa.

Bina aadinka different waaye. Waxa qofkaan mahiin u ah qofka kale uma ahan.

EDIT: Safa and this is why I said people are different. For me religion outscores culture 6-0.

Hope they find happiness.

Aaliyyah   

lol@ Alia and Ali Baba have ring to it..Adam xagee shekadii ka tuurtay hahahah

2+2 I agree with you mashallah....

Inshallah they will find all the happiness in life. I think if the person holds the rope of faith waxba ma xumanayaan...

salaam

STOIC   

Safa,

No I haven't read the book, but I bet WIKI will do a justice--I let Islam fill inn whatever I don't know about Arab culture...

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Ma nin Soomali ah bay weyday?

My thoughts, exactly

ps. gabdhihi somalida waratay noqdeen :D

Chimera   

Some of you Somali brothers need to stop being 'butt hurt' everytime a sister marries out, you embarrass the millions of Somali brothers who really don't give a damn, but who live and let live.

Blessed   

being religious is not all that counts... religious men can be mean, moronic and petty too..

how long was he in the US for?

Aaliyyah   

I believe she told me he grew up here. But, what does that have to do with anything? do you mean to imply that Arabs who grew up in their homelands are strong in their culture?

salaam