Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

MUSIC: WHY CANT WE?

SaLLaMu CaLLyKuM

THIS IS WHY MUSIC IS DAMBI.. I HOPE YOU ALL WILL GET THE BIG PIC..

LISTENING TO MUSIC AND SINGING

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said,

"They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun. In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allah (SWT) into monkeys and swine." (Ighathat Al-Lahfan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to music and singing is a sin and cause for the sickening and weakening of the heart. The majority of the scholars of the Muslim ancestors who set good examples in the application of Islam are unanimous that listening to music and singing and using musical instruments, is Haram (prohibited).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVIDENCE THAT MUSIC AND SINGING ARE HARAM

1. Allah (SWT) says,

"And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment." (Luqman 31:6)

Al-Wahidi, along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Quran), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayat is singing. This Tafsir was given by the following companions: ibn Abbas, ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah (RU). Ibn Masud (RA) said,

"By Allah (SWT), whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2. The Prophet (SAW) said,

"From among my nation, there will be people who will render as lawful adultery, wearing silk (for men), Al-Khamr (liquor) and Al-Maa’azif (musical instruments)." (Al-Bukhari)

This Hadith states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, ibn Al-Qayyim said,

"When the Prophet (SAW) said, ‘render as lawful,’ he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3. Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said,

"A group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine."

They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allah (SWT) and that Muhammad (SAW) is His Messenger (SAW)?" He (SAW) said,

"Yes. And also they fast, pray and perform Hajj."

They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He (SAW) said,

"They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun. In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allah (SWT) into monkeys and swine." (Ighathat Al-Lahfan)

4. Allah (SWT) said, criticizing the Kuffar’s worship around the Ka’bah,

"Their prayer at the House (Ka’bah) was nothing but Muka’an and Tasdiyah" (8:35)

Ibn Abbas, ibn Uamr, Atiyyah, Mujahid, Ad-Dhahh’ak, Al-Hasan and Qatadah (RU) said that Muka’an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

SAYINGS OF THE SCHOLARS REGARDING MUSIC AND SINGING

Imam ibn Taymiyyah said,

"Listening to music and sinful fun are among what strengthens the satanic ways the most. This is exactly what the disbelievers used to do. Allah (SWT) said,

‘And their prayer at the House (of Allah) was nothing but Muka’an and Tasdiyah" (Al-Anfal 8:35)

Ibn Abbass, ibn Umar and others (RU) said that Tasdiyah is clapping of hands, and that Muka’an is whistling. This was the Mushrikeen’s way of worship. The Prophet (SAW) and his companions worshipped Allah (SWT), according to His order, in their prayer, reading the Quran and Dhikr (supplication). It never occurred that the Prophet (SAW) and his companions gathered to listen to singing that is accompanied by clapping or using drums."

Imam ibn Taymiyyah also regarding the person whose habit is to listen to music,

"His state of emotions becomes less passionate when he hears the Quran. On the contrary, when he listens to instruments of the devil (music), he dances a lot. If the prayer is established, he either prays while sitting down or performs it as fast as when the rooster picks seeds. He dislikes listening to the Quran and does not find beauty in it while reciting it. He has no taste for the Quran and feels no love for it or pleasure when it is read. Rather, he finds pleasure if he listens to Mukaa’ or Tasdiyah. These are satanic pleasures and he is among those whom Allah (SWT) mentioned in the Ayat,

"And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah), We appoint for him Satan to be a companion for him" (Az-Zukhruf 43:36)." (Awliyaa’ Ar-Rahman)

Imam ibn Al-Qayyim said,

"Of the tricks of the enemy of Allah (SWT), Satan, that he uses to trap those who do not enjoy much intelligence, knowledge of sincerity in religion, are Mukaa’ and Tasdiyah. These people of ignorance listen to and use musical instruments that are prohibited and which lead the hearts to abandoning the Quran. These hearts are indulging in sin and disobedience of Allah (SWT). Music, then, is Satan’s Quran and the barrier between on and Allah (SWT). It is the way to sodomy and adultery. With it, the lover finds what he seeks and dreams of sinful love. Satan has trapped the weak hearts in the love of singing and made it beautiful to them. Satan reveals to his agents fake proofs that they use as evidence to the beauty of singing. These people accept Satan’s revelation and, as a consequence, abandon the Quran. When you witness them while listening, you will find them silent in humbleness, sitting idle and their hearts are concentrating and totally enjoying music and singing. Their hearts will feel closer to music, as if they were drunk. They dance and move in suggestive manner, like faggots and whores. And why not? They are drunk with the pleasure of listening to music and singing and act accordingly. For other than Allah (SWT), and for Satan, there are hearts that are being broken by sin, and fortunes that are being spent for other than Allah’s (SWT) Pleasure. They spend their lives in joyful fun and make a mockery of their religion. Instruments of the devil are sweeter to their ears than the Quran. If one of them listens to the Quran from the beginning to end, it will have little effect or excitement on him. If Satan’s Quran is being performed and heard, they feel joy in their hearts and one can see it in their eyes. Their feet dance, their hands clap, their breathing intensifies and the rest of their bodies feel joy. O you who are trapped in this sin, you have sold your share of Allah (SWT) to Satan, what a losing deal! Why not feel pleasure and comfort when the Glorious Quran is recited? But, everyone seeks what he feels is suitable for him, and ends up with what is really suitable for him." (Ighathat Al-Lahfan)

Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz was asked about listening to music and songs, "Is it Haram?" I only listen to it for pleasure. What about playing the Rababah (a kind of guitar) and old songs?

Sheikh ibn Baz said,

"Listening to music is Haram and a sin. It is a matter that leads to weakening the hearts and abandoning the Dhikr of Allah (SWT) and the prayer. The scholars said about the Ayat, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks…" (31:6), that idle talks means singing. Abdullah ibn Masud (RA), the Prophet’s (SAW) companion, used to swear by Allah (SWT) that it is singing. If singing is accompanied by the Rababah, ‘Ud (Arabic guitar), fiddles or drums, it is even more Haram. Any singing with any instrument is Haram and the scholars are unanimous on this. Therefore, Muslims must be aware of it. The Prophet (SAW) said,

"From among my nation there will be those who render as lawful adultery, silk (for men), Al-Khamr (alcohol) and musical instruments." (Al-Bukhari)

I advise you and others to read the Quran and keep remembering Allah (SWT). I advise you to listen to Quranic programs on the radio. This way, one will find pleasure and will keep busy so he can stay away from music and songs."

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their lack of knowledge or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allah (SWT) that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the one whom Allah (SWT) has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds. Ameen.

I HOPE WE ALL ARE CLEAR ON THIS ISSUE.. smile.gif

Wa BiLLaHi ToWFiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiQ

mizz-HurriCane

MashaAllah....thanx sis....i didnt know how to back it up with that many Ahadith,

sister, if u have the hadith that says the punishments for those that listen to music, i will appreciate it,,,,i mean i heard but never seen evidence, (that those who do, will have melted metal poured down their ears)????.

underdog   

Music in Islam and why those who deny it is haram are commiting an act of kufer. (The rule in islam "denying something in islam that haram to being halal or something halal to being haram is kufer" it renders one a non beliver.) The qur'an and hadeeth, along with the statements of the companions and salaf confirm the prohibition of music.

Surah Luqmaan:06 'and there are among men those who purchase idle talk (music and poetry) in order to mislead others from Allah's path without knowledge, and who throw ridicule upon it 'Idle talk has been interpreted to mean singing, listening and playing of musical intruments by various scholars and companions including Abdullah Ibn Masood ans Abdullah Ibn Abbas. Masood when questioned about the term Idle Talk replied 'I swear besides whom there is no other God, that it refers to singing (ghinaa).

Contrary to popular belief there are a number of Sahih (Authentic) Hadeeth which clearly point to the fact that music, instruments, singing to the accompaniment of instruments etc. are prohibited by the Shari'ah.

Sahih Bukhari> 'there will be those of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful: fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments..' The words, 'seek to make lawful', shows that music is not permissible. Furthermore the prohibition of music is mentioned along with major sins like drinking and fornication.

Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood and Ibn Habban>> 'A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than that, it's real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allah will cleave the Earth under them and turn others into Apes and Pigs'

There are Hadeeths by Haakim Al Mustadrak, Musad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and Majma uz Zawaaid that say 'Two cursed sounds are that of the wind instrument and that of wailing upon the occurrence of adversity'

Bukhari & Muslim both quote 'Remember! To fill a persons stomach with puss is better than to fill it with poems.'

There are those who will argue that the prophet (saw) liked the sound of the Duff (a small hand drum without steel jingles) The beating of the Duff at weddings was not for the purpose of music, it was to announce the wedding.

An Nasee&Tirmidhi>> 'that which distinguishes the allowed marriage from the forbidden is the sound of the duff'

Though the scholars argue that the use of the duff was even only allowed for women.The duff was used by Arabs without rhythm, melody or any trace of immorality.

In the highly regarded book on fiqu and fatawa FATAWA RAHIMIYAH, it states 'Quawwali ,tabla and musical intruments etc. are absolutley prohibited (haram). It is reported in the Musand of Ibn Abi Al-Dinar that the holy prophet (pbuh) said "In the last era a community from this Ummah will be transformed into monkeys and swines" The companions said "oh apostle of Allah! Will they not be believing in the Kalima 'there is no deity but Allah and Mohammed is his apostle'?" the prophet (saw) said "why not?" the companions asked "then what will be the reason for this punishment?" the prophet (saw) replied "they will adopt the profession of singing and music" he also said "It is a sin to hear music, it is a fault to sit at a musical fete and it is infidelity to derive pleasure from it" (Nisab, b.52,p 103, DM&S vol 5 p 306)

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY MINDSTATE:

hahah Lucky or wut ever u call your self

i'll take your ADVICE becouse i ain't naive

Laakin adiga qiil aa raadineesan dambi ma aha in lagu dhaho maa sugeesay

i didnt come here to give you ADVICE, and whether you are NAIVE or not is your problem.

FYI: NEXT TIME,I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE BEFORE YOU START YAPPING NONSENSE.

I am not looking for an EXECUSE to listen to music.I have already acknowledge that music is danbi-GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST AND RE-READ! :mad:

FLYING-STILL THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING WHERE I WAS GOING WITH THIS.

MIZZ-HURRICANE THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLEARIFYING THAT FOR ME.

UNDERDOG THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

THANK YOU ALL, YOUR INPUT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

I WILL PUT THIS DOWN ONE MORE TIME FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED IT OR HAVE A DIFFICULITY UNDERSTANDING IT:

FYI: IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY, PLEASE DONT BOTHER LEAVING IRRELEVANT/ASININE REMARKS!

Originally posted by Lucky:

MINDSTATE I'D ADVISE YOU TO APPLY THAT SAME STATEMENT TO YOURSELF.

i didn't come here to take advice from u

i would rather go 2the nearest mosque

Originally posted by Lucky:FYI: NEXT TIME,I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE BEFORE YOU START YAPPING NONSENSE.[/QB]

Is it just me, or my letters getting more and more verbally abusive?

Bambina   

Wassup everyone,I will share wit u my experience wit music.I neva knew dat music was haraam in Islam till recently.Then I started to stop listenin to any kind of music except Quran.It was hard for me,I had to walk ,sleep witout music and it was hell becuz I had to live witout no sound at all.I started to listen to Quran and I became so calm ,so silent cuz my body wasnt movin anymore and believe me the first time is alwayz terrifyin.After gettin used to dat new mental state I couldnt bear any music at all.But I was weak and I eventually got back to music but I hope I have enuff strengh to stop listenin to music one day.Das wy I encourage the bros and sis to stop da music believe me it takes a lot but efforts r important.But let me tell ya ,even though I still listen to it ,the fact dat I stopped once marked me becuz I dont feel the music vibes anymore,weird eh ?

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY JAM MASTER JAY:

Lucky

i can guess your mature enuff

how come u cum up wit such question like this

music is "DAMBI"

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY I ASKED THIS QUESTION?

LuCkY   

BAMBINA Im happy for you sis. As for me-im not addicted to music like some people i know. But if you were able to stop once i believe that you can do it again. Good Luck to you as well as everyone else who is trying to quit.