Saalax

Somalia government terminates Somaliland Special Arrangement with donors

Mourad1   
1 hour ago, Aroori said:

How does an aid given to Somaliland within the framework of the new deal (signed by an FSG administration) undermines the territorial integrity of Somalia?

I don't want to speculate or extrapolate. But not knowing the conditions in which the agreement was signed by Somali officials back then, I can't make a fair assessment on the issue of territorial integrity of Somalia. However, the agreement clearly has components that suggest Somalia's unity is questioned. The fact that Somalia acknowledges that Somaliland is a special case and needs a separate arrangement by itself is a major blow to the Federal government since Somaliland considers itself an independent country.

Moreover,  Minister Hassan's letter certainly implies that the current deal in place violates some parameters set out by Somalis officials. Which ones I don't know but I don't believe that the federal government would oppose a deal that FULLY respects its integrity. The only issue of disagreement is Unity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mourad1 said:

I don't want to speculate or extrapolate. But not knowing the conditions in which the agreement was signed by Somali officials back then, I can't make a fair assessment on the issue of territorial integrity of Somalia. However, the agreement clearly has components that suggest Somalia's unity is questioned. The fact that Somalia acknowledges that Somaliland is a special case and needs a separate arrangement by itself is a major blow to the Federal government since Somaliland considers itself an independent country.

Moreover,  Minister Hassan's letter certainly implies that the current deal in place violates some parameters set out by Somalis officials. Which ones I don't know but I don't believe that the federal government would oppose a deal that FULLY respects its integrity. The only issue of disagreement is Unity. 

Somalia's Unity cannot be forced on people that do not want it. You know it very well as much as I know it.  They can't change reality on the ground either by means of military might. 

Equally, relying on foreigners to keep that unity for you, will have its limits. Foreigners will only obey that at their own disposal and own interests. 

The unity that Villa AMISOM is looking for is found in Hargeisa not in Nairobi or London or New York. And certainly not in Mogadishu itself. Any other way, and it is just gacmo daalis iyo ruwaayad. Yes, the ruwaayad might seem at some point close to reality but it is a ruwaayad no-more, no-less.

With this fiasco backfiring spectacularly as was the previous ones regarding Berbera Port/Military base agreements. Both going ahead after Mogadishu's tantrums were dismissed like a sideshow. Yet both highlight the fact that Mogadishu puppet leaders are just merely dreaming. They still think that they have any power, when in fact its not. And what small power is discharged by powers that be i.e. IC/ UN/AU. 

Moreover, these missteps by the rookie politicians is only playing to Somaliland's play book.  

• Like 1

Barwaaqo   

Warkii dhabta ahaa oo Cakaara yimid.

Warqadii caadifadaysnayd (La xidhiidhay arinta Tukaraq) ; Waxa  la soo warinayaa inay dafireen jiritaankeedda Farmaajo iyo khayre balse sida wariyaha  VOA cadeeyey wasiirka qorshaynta Somalia ayaa qirtay in ay xafiiskiisa warqadu ka soo baxday.

https://www.voasomali.com/amp/somalia-somaliland/4448764.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

Duufaan   

This is more seriously issue than what Ethiopia done or suppose to be doing. Recognising Somaliland as a facto independent state is more dangerous than anything else. Why they should be treated differentially. EU want to create a new Taiwan Somalia.

• Like 1

Mourad1   
7 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Somalia's Unity cannot be forced on people that do not want it. You know it very well as much as I know it.  They can't change reality on the ground either by means of military might. 

Equally, relying on foreigners to keep that unity for you, will have its limits. Foreigners will only obey that at their own disposal and own interests. 

The unity that Villa AMISOM is looking for is found in Hargeisa not in Nairobi or London or New York. And certainly not in Mogadishu itself. Any other way, and it is just gacmo daalis iyo ruwaayad. Yes, the ruwaayad might seem at some point close to reality but it is a ruwaayad no-more, no-less.

With this fiasco backfiring spectacularly as was the previous ones regarding Berbera Port/Military base agreements. Both going ahead after Mogadishu's tantrums were dismissed like a sideshow. Yet both highlight the fact that Mogadishu puppet leaders are just merely dreaming. They still think that they have any power, when in fact its not. And what small power is discharged by powers that be i.e. IC/ UN/AU. 

Moreover, these missteps by the rookie politicians is only playing to Somaliland's play book.  

No one is forcing the people of Somaliland to accept and respect Somalia's Unity. I think that on a spectrum of diehard Somalilanders to Unionists, the Federal government is targetting the section made of doubters and people who are indifferent about the independent cause. So it is an ongoing debate. 

On the point of international funding toward Hargeisa, I think that the Somali government has adopted a policy of "If you are not at the table, you are on the table." Signing off the special status will eliminate any inputs that Unionists could have on the negotiations between the international community and Somaliland. So the current move by the Minister makes absolute sense. 

If the hardball currently played by Somali officials will backfire, time will let. 

Duufaan   

I read the letter. It is not from IC. It is from. EU embassys in Moqdisho .They want to do things in the old way but letter is public now Andi it could backfire everyone involved. Where are all  these people talking about Ethiopia and EAU now

The EU secrat mission in Somalia has been revealed. They really showed their color. The respnd letter seems unprofessional and not from Bristal. The so calledal new deal is under question mark.

• Like 1

gooni   

Yurub ma'ayadaa damaanad qaadaysa inaan lacagtaas loo adeegsan xasuuqa dumarka iyo caruurta  laas-caanood iyo ceel-afweyn.

Bariis, bur, tendhooyin iyo horumar kaleba, dhib ma leh, laakiin lacag snm gacanta u gashay xasuuq ba'an bay keeni kartaa ama ha ahaato sool ama ceel afweyn, taasoo sababi karta in qaxooti badan xeryo cusub loo dhiso halkaasna dhib badan ku yimaado goboladdii in badan nabadda ahaa.

55 minutes ago, gooni said:

Yurub ma'ayadaa damaanad qaadaysa inaan lacagtaas loo adeegsan xasuuqa dumarka iyo caruurta  laas-caanood iyo ceel-afweyn.

Bariis, bur, tendhooyin iyo horumar kaleba, dhib ma leh, laakiin lacag snm gacanta u gashay xasuuq ba'an bay keeni kartaa ama ha ahaato sool ama ceel afweyn, taasoo sababi karta in qaxooti badan xeryo cusub loo dhiso halkaasna dhib badan ku yimaado goboladdii in badan nabadda ahaa.

Awoowe, waxa hore loo yidhi "af qadhmuun, afkii hadii isa saarsaartay, qadhmuun mooye wax kale oo kala faa'iideen ma jidho..." akaka

Boowe, hadii MJteeniya isku qanciysay in dhaqaalaha lagala dagaalamo Somaliland, adiga ayuunba khiyaali isugu sheekayay cid kale oo wax kaa dhagaysanaysa ayaa iska yar.  Kaam ayaa Garoowe warsaxaafadeed been ah isku maaweelisay oo Somaliland ku tilmaamtay Alshabaab? cid ka hoos qaaday ama war ku so celisay miyaa jirta? 

Boowe, nin kaa xoog wayn, kaa horimarsan, kaa horeeya oo kaa sokeeya, la iskuma qaad qaado... casharka maamulka Garoowe sanadkan loo dhigo, caruurta ayaa dugsiga lagu bari doona sanado badan. :D 

gooni   

Suldaan

Xabadda rasaasta qoriga aakaha loo yaqaan ma taqaan intuu ka joogo suuqyada soomaalida doollar ahaan?

Waa afar ilaa shan qof qadadood dagaalku qarash buu u baahanyahay saaxiib snm lacagtaan masaajidyo ku dhisi mayso 

Runtiina way ku saxan tahay dawladda dhexe inay caalamka ku baraarujiso una sharaxdo xogta dhabtaa ee meesha ka jirta.

Markaa ka dib ama qamadi haku badeleen ama ceelal ha ugu qodeen dadka tabaalaysan oo dagaalka lagu furay.

Tallaabo   
2 hours ago, gooni said:

Adeeradaa ayaa ku caan baxay xasuuqa dumarka iyo caruurta iyaguna ilaahay mahaddii maanta ma majoogaan deegaanadaa ka tirsan Somaliland. 

Tallaabo   
17 hours ago, Duufaan said:

This is more seriously issue than what Ethiopia done or suppose to be doing. Recognising Somaliland as a facto independent state is more dangerous than anything else. Why they should be treated differentially. EU want to create a new Taiwan Somalia.

Why is recognising facts on the ground dangerous? Is it not more dangerous to entertain fantasy and bury one's head in the sand? 

22 hours ago, Duufaan said:

I feel like its an issue that has no benefit to the Somali people one way or another. The SFG should never ever object different parts of the Somali people getting help from anywhere and from anybody.

This whole thing is no win for anyone. EU also can be scandalized. Its a big organization.