cadnaan1

History, the killing of 80 Somali officers 1978 by @harummaruf.

Duufaan   

This was done by the orders of General Galaal in Jigjiga area who was the commander of SNA forces in North/West side of the war. When somali government collapsed he was the first who ordered the civilian killings in Moqdisho. From Siyaad Bare loyalist to worst clan loyalist General in the somali civil war. 

cadnaan1   
5 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

This was done by the orders of General Galaal in Jigjiga area who was the commander of SNA forces in North/West side of the war. When somali government collapsed he was the first who ordered the civilian killings in Moqdisho. From Siyaad Bare loyalist to worst clan loyalist General in the somali civil war. 

I thought it was Galaal but after listening this it looks like it was ciiro who did it.

Galaal was transferred back to muqdisho before the killing.

Duufaan   

Was not Ciro the division 60 in South side. I think Galaal nephew at VOA are trying to clear the crimes that Galaal committed.

Galaal has very dark history, you can not bring him at light. Unlike many others who participated the civil war. His crimes are. well documented. He killed personally the D-block members of the menifasto group who refused to leave Moqdisho, like Dr. Abyan and many others.

cadnaan1   

Of all the interviewed saraakiil agreed Galaal was not there and secondly he was leading the war dirredhaba area and not jigjiga.

Duufaan   

Jigjiga, Karaamardha and Diridhaba were all same front. After Jigjiga was liberated first with a lot of casualty. Diridhaba, Hawaas, Herar was the next target. He was the general responsible all of that area. He was senior commander, one of first and highest ranking of the SNA. With all these years why he is now innocent about that incident.

cadnaan1   

All these different suspects I think ciiro had good motives to do this because he was planing the coup and he wanted to get rid off the good officers and month after the killing he did the failed coup.

gooni   

Meeshii la rabay inuu galaal ka baaro iyo taariikhdii uu ciidamada soomaaliya ku lahaa iyo xiligii dawlad la'aanta, wuxuu qaban jiray, yuu asagii nooga dhigayaa markhaati fiican oo culumada ku dhex jiray.

Taariikh fog ma'ahan, awoowe, waxaasoo kalana xog qarsoon laguma sheego.

• Like 1

Waxaan ku raacsanahay Gooni, TAARIIKH fog maaha waana fududahay in la ogaado cidii ka danbeeysay hadii la rabo runta in la ogaado. Cid kastoo fulisayna waxay u badantahay Mogadishu amar ka haysteen, ninkan  Galaal nin wax walba Siyaad u fulin jirey buu ahaa, yes man, hadhow markii xaajadii Siyaad ku xumaatey ka booday markabkii oo mujaahid iska dhigey, lana saftey xasuuqii dhiigya cab Caydiid Alla naarta ha ku fogeeyee. Markalena Yes man u noqday Caydiid.

Sheegan Voa ma miisaana , dhinac bay ka rarantahay.

cadnaan1   

I personally believe Galaal was and still is wicked person who did terrible things but in this case I have my doubts

All the people interviewed including abaan-duulihi ciidanka jigjiga joogay wuxuu qirayaa in galaal before killings was transferred back to muqdisho.

• Like 1

Guys, the officer blaming Samatar is most accurate, who fired the shot is not that important, Sheekadan ma dhacdeen iyadoo amar laga haysan Siyàd ama  Samatar.

galbeedi   

Waa Cajiib. 

Now the boys at VOA are conducting Somali history through the phone without proper research. Since everyone is pitching his own version or unverifiable oral history, let me add mine.

One thing we all must agree is that the Galaal guy is a bad character.I heard his name as a child around  1978 in small town at the border called Qulijeed. As a Child, I personally remember soldiers at the border town accusing him of ordering the killing of his own soldiers with even small pity things around Diredhabe. After the Diredabe defeat , he was the overall commander.

Those who were killed in Garab Case were not 83 but only 13 or less than 20. There were others shot and killed in Hargeisa on the orders of Colonel Cirro and the coup plotters. They belonged  to many different tribes.

Those in Garab Case were two groups. One group  refused to withdraw their positions after Somalia agreed to pull out. Since a huge sacrifice was paid to take this positions, they insisted on holding. THey thought they could defend the mountainous region. They were considered the best soldiers who fought the war valiantly. They were shot for disobeying the order. THe second group were shot on the orders from the SNA army command and general Galaal should have been the first one to know the order.

There were a lot of conspiracies during the war. People had accused the Puntland coup plotters  who failed in April 1978, to have sabotaged the war effort in order to deny Siyaad Barre the victory which could have made him not only a hero to Somalis, but a president for life.

In 2000, when the Carta government relocated from Djibouti, there were a debate among the two trouble makers, the D and H block about the future command of the army. Since these groups distrust one another, people had suggested that a commander from a neutral clan should be nominated as the chief of the Army.

General Yusuf Talan.jpg

ALlah ha u naxariisto , general Yusuf Tallan of Awdal, a graduate of West Point American academy was the consensus to lead the army. Galaal, who was dreaming for twenty years to be commander of the army , convinced  that now is time  to be the new chief  since  his cousin C/qasim. Salaad is the new president.

In 2000, general Tallan was killed in  drive by shooting in Mogadishu. The two men who were responsible were ssent to east Africa to hide.They were later arrested in UGanda, but later escaped from the jail.

Only Allah knows who killed them, but some people pointed the finger to Galaal. Personally, I no  have information about him in the war of 1991. One thing is for sure that general Galaal was the inner circle of the Somali army from 1969-1980.

Yunis   

General Tallan, May allah grant him Janna.

A true patriot, a gentle soul, and a dear family friend back in Ott, Canada years ago. At the hight of Somali military powers, He was one of the beloved generals of them all. I wasn't sure if his rank was Major-gerenal or brigadier-general.