Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Buufiis

Buufiis has taken its toll on Somalis in Africa. Men, women and children have no other ear other than Warya how do I get to Europe and America. If its awoman she would marry u for just wanting to take her abroad. As for men hmm they would do anything for alady holding apassport from the above. No one is immune to buufiis today esp the Somalis of Africa.

Haneefah   

No wonder we haven't seen you here for so long, show mid buufis qabtaa buufiskeeda kugu daaratey :D

Seriously, I never understood the real meaning of this term as I've heard it used in different contexts. I was under the impression that it more or less referred to some type of stress-induced condition (nervous breakdown?).

As for those you've mentioned, most people in that part of the world are living under conditions we would find unacceptable. They're only trying to seek better opportunities for themsleves and their families despite the desperate image they may project to some in the west. Could you really blame them without having lived in their shoes or experienced the difficult circumstances under which they live?

Been there n done it too.....n naaa didnt get infected rather felt sorry for the many who r either poor or just uprooting well to do families who have everything just to see what the west has to offer. Seen millionaire families get broken down just to come over and so it aint just about haves n have nots though the majority tend to be runnning from all sorts of colourful violence.

Buuuuuuuuuuufis..They are rite cuz it is the only option they do have( whether they do live Xabad iyo wareer iyo shaqo la,aan or they go to Yurub, atleast xamaali iska noqdaan)

It is no Buufis, It is a need...

underdog   

The Buufis doesn't apply to the people you're describing above. Its the other ones who believe the streets of Europe are lined in gold. The one's with the "I'd rather be a dog in America than a human in Africa"

I know a guy in Kenya who HATES people that moved back to Africa... "xayawaanka inta Canada tegay ayuu kasoo laabtay...Uff! idhaafsii"

nuune   

I once remember telling one guy in Nairobi that faaiida malahan in aad imaataan Europe waayo tusaale ahaan ingiriiska waa meel jiir ama doolli badan oo dhagaha ayuu kaa gali baan ku iri habeenkii dooliga,

markaas buu ninkii igu yiri war jiirka dabada ha iga galo haduu rabo mar un yaa i geeyo meeshaas smile.gif

Nephissa   

And I know other cases of old men taking out girls [young and good looking girls] that suffer from the so called buufis. These ARE people escaping poverty who want to move to a wealthier nation to enjoy a better life.

If you're capable of aiding your Somali sister or a brother in getting out of qaxarka iyo rafaadka and help support their family back home... you should do it, runtii. Somali cidna uma maqna.