Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Where do I find a feminist dentist?

STOIC   

Lazy,

Let me make this clear to you and anyone who might be reading this. I’m not a dentist. I don’t know anything about the dentistry business.I’m a bedwetting looser responding to a topic on the net……. ;)

I was really offended by my dentist chauvinistic comments! There is a duty for him to act orderly and be professional... This guy had other ideas!from the moment I walked into the dentist that day, he had other ideas! I suppose this is his way of communicating!!!

i am going to change and find myself a feminist dentist, who is more in tune with my rights as a woman!

Nephissa   

Maybe he is just being nice. You never mentioned anything really inappropriate.

ps. Has anyone heard of traveling to Syria for dental work? I have heard that it is 1/10th the cost of work done in N/A and I am curious if anyone has traveled out of the country to have such work performed, and if they were satisfied with the results.

STOIC   

^^^^I’m sure there are many competent foreign trained dentists who can do a superb dental work for you, but why would you want to risk the quality of the work. Each country has its own set of regulation of conducting dental work and IMO nothing can top the USA/CANADA standard. The savings sounds great, but I doubt if a BRIGHT smile is sort of things anyone would want to bargain. I bet you the dentist in Syria would say in ARABIC,

“Honey will you please grab me a fork, they are in the same drawer as the elevators and Ya xabibi floss sometimes ” :D

PS Its a joke just incase there is a foreign trained dentist reading....

Nephissa   

L0L :D:D . Don't discourage me, doc. I want to start my own hip hop rap label. I'm gonna get a grill that says 'Nephy' on top and 'Rocks' on bottom... in solid gold.

Saweeeeeeet!

No, seriously, I'm worried about that too; getting bad dental work and then having to end up paying multi $Ks to correct it. 'Al-bakhel khasara maratheen" inay igu dhacdo marabo..L0L.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Nephisa:

ps. Has anyone heard of traveling to
Syria for dental work? I have heard that it is 1/10th the cost of work done in N/A and I am curious if anyone has traveled out of the country to have such work performed, and if they were satisfied with the results.

I have actually heard about this as well, but the thing is that maybe the cost of getting the dental work done is cheaper, but you still have to pay something like $1500 for the plane ticket(at least from out here) and yeah, there's the question of how good are the dentists? I imagine their idea of an anesthetic is a hammer blow to the back of the head.

Haneefah   

^Haraam, the middle east isn't that bad. On the contrary, many health services there are way better in terms of quality and efficiency than in N. America - and expertise too.

Nephy, I think cosmetic dental procedures might cost a bit lower here than in the States. Look into it as well.

I've been looking to get clear retainers for a while now - my once beautiful smile has been corrupted ever since I grew wisdom teeth :mad:

Blessed   

I've seen quiet a few who went to Syria, the results looked good and they were happy with the treatment in general. However, I do think that you need to get your calculations right.. As Cadaan said, when you add the flights and accommodation costs are you really saving any money?

NGONGE   

^^ Thank you, ayeeyo. I didn't think you would notice. :D

For those putting down the Syrian expertise (I'm looking at you Cadaan) all you need to know is that the Syrian President himself is a dentist. :D It's one of their most popular professions and the majority of them are very good at it too.

AYOUB   

There was me thinking this was yet another Ngonge mid-life crisis topic. smile.gif

EDIT

I've spoken too soon. It is now. :D

STOIC   

This was adapted from a dental school joke...I'm biased so just bear with me and read this with heavy Somali accent.....

A Somali goes to the dentist after doin the calculation of getting his dental work done in western world versus Syria and asks how much it is for an extraction. "$85 for an extraction sir" was the dentists reply. "Heh have you not gotta anything cheaber", replies the Somali getting agitated.

"But that's the normal charge for an extraction sir", said the dentist.

"What about if you didn’t use any anaesthetic?", asked the Somali hopefully, "Well it's highly unusual sir, but if that's what you want, I suppose I can do it for $70", said the dentist.

"Hmmmm, what about if you used one of your dentist trainees and still without anaesthetic", said the Somali,

"Well it's possible but they are only training and I can't guarantee their level of professionalism and it'll be a lot more painful, but I suppose in that case we can bring the price down to say $40", said the dentist,

"Ouch that's still a bit much, how about if you make it a training session and have your student do the extraction and the other students watching and learning", said the Somali hopefully.

"Hmmmmm, well OK it'll be good for the students I suppose, I'll charge you only $5 in that case", said the dentist.

"Wonderful, it's a deal bettar deal than Syria" said the Somali..."Can you make me and my Chulderen abbointment for negist friday"