Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Where do I find a feminist dentist?

Kool_Kat   

^Qalbi adakidaa maandhoow? :D

LOL@feminist dentist...I think she meant to say a female dentist, not feminist, but I could be wrong...

Baluug   

Originally posted by Bella*Princess:

My dentist recently called me "honey" and said I had an "itty-bitty mouth". What's up with that? :mad: :mad:

That's just his way of saying your a cutie, dear, that's all. Now don't you worry your pretty little head about things like this and let the men do the thinking.

STOIC   

This reminds me of a story.A very religious brother who knew I used to volunteer at a dental office called me one day. He directed me to find him only female dentist for his wifey.At first I thought it was weird to request only female dentist after all most of the dentists are professional who do their job in an open operatorry room where a female hygienist is present all the time.

Just because he called your mouth "itty bitty" you want a female dentist? Hmm.. there are far more reasons to get mad over than that, right? Now what if you had a psycho on a multiple anti-depressant drugs who maybe would have assaulted you while you were sedated?

In all seriousness, The relationship between you and your dentist is a shared responsibility.If you didn't like is chairside jokes then you are obligated to tell him to do his job after all you have the upper hand as the patient. If you feel like his professionalism is a bit too much to handle then your local state dental organization works for you as complaint solvers.

If you still want to change him just google up and find one near you perhaps a female one.

Aaliyyah   

lol I dont think its abt the word, but rather how he said it. Depends on the context...when he said it did you feel the guy was hitting on you? or was it "honey" just out of respect and to get you comfortable....anyhow if you got a problem with him just tell him to be more professional? or get another dentist...

my 2 cents..

salaam

chubacka   

Originally posted by STOIC:

In all seriousness, The relationship between you and your dentist is a shared responsibility.If you didn't like is chairside jokes then you are obligated to tell him to do his job after all you have the upper hand as the patient.

it doesn't feel like you have the upper hand while ur laid out flat on that high chair, and they are standing above u with all those sharp instruments.

BP, it depends on what area you live, u can usually find two or three dentists quite close together, but mayb he is jst trying to be friendly.

STOIC   

t doesn't feel like you have the upper hand while ur laid out flat on that high chair, and they are standing above u with all those sharp instruments.

What I meant it there was that she can always drop the dentist and find a more gentle one ;)

Those sharp instrument are not that bad don't chicken out of the prick of the needle or the shriek of the drill...

STOIC   

Heh@ Lazzy, where were you when I made the announcement that I was in the business.I even got a little bruising from some members.Though I don't like to talk about medical issues since I have a long way to go I think as a member of this site I have the right to respond to topics posted here ;) ......

PS This is a side note. Did you guys know that there are more Somali female dentist in the USA (even in USA dental schools).One of them is even an Orthodontist-the highest level of dental career one can dream of achieving....

^lol@stoic, are you serious? You are in the businesS? I was just taking the piss out of your reply.

Speaking of the dentist business, I'm thinking of leaving my arab dentist before my next cleaning appointment, march of 2009. That said, I know they will persuade me to stay, yet again. I have attempted to leave their scamming business once before only to persuade me to stay, what should I do stoic, student of the business?

PS:scamming in terms of overcharging the work they supposedly do to my insurance. Even thought I am insured through my employer, I still pay for the benefits.(money is money, nothing is free but not according to my arab dentist that isn't so)

He says, waxa waa free, lets do this work and that work. His exact words "You are not paying for it".

Baluug   

^He's right though, you'll still be paying for the benefits even if you get no work done, so why not get that grill you always wanted? :D