Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

your adopted country needs you

Polanyi   

For a Somali to start dissing england and rooting for others teams in front of white english fans. Although pppl should have the freedom to support whoever they like,I think it is still somewhat unethical, especially when your a skinny asss ibn refugee and your team has never made the wc..and you've.been raised with this countries financial support..and and and...... Or I am I chatting stuff and nonsense? :D

Juxa   

so we are duty bound to support the england team miyaa because they provide for your canjeelo?

WC being sporting event, i am sure they can take it.

No one should feel duty bound to cheer England, the Irish, Scots and Welsh nationals openly despise England and cheer on whomever is playing against them so why do we feel the need to cheer for them.

Also this business of they gave us future, jobs, ceyr talk so we should support them is sick, if u like Egnland support them if not then support whomever u like other than the Italians of course, i hate kuwaas.

I will support England depending on whom they play, i supported Algeria over England and will do the same if ever they play another African team or any team with more black players other than Brazil.

Polanyi   

So you'd support honduras over England or Argentina just because they have more black players, lol?

Juxa, No, people can support whoever they like. But one thing I've noticed over the past 2 weeks is that the english I work with have automatically assumed that I support England without asking. I guess they don't see why i shouldn't. Fair enough, if one is rooting for a fellow African team or your own country is in the wc........or you just love brazil...But what I questioning is when some folks say " this aint your country bla bla" and then they root for italy or germany(like they are your countries,lol) just spite england..and then start telling the true english how rubbish they are..lol...

Your adopted country needs you.......

Ibtisam   

This is one of the few times I will agree with Resistance.

I think there is something wrong with people WHO feel that they HAVE to support England because they adopted you or gave you cryta or child benefit!!

If there was anything that looked remotely Somali I would support them, Sudan, Kenya, anyone in Africa, after all the African leave, I am supporting the most entertaining or the best team. I don't think England can play all that good at the best of times, I don't like their players, and I hate their racist ugly fans!

As for they need you, no team needs random farah/xalimo support, who are you kidding? In fact the English players wish you will leave them alone. English support is crazy in any case- thin line between love & hating the team!

Polanyi   

^^ So you'd support Ethiopia because they look like Somalis. Traitor waxid.

If Marcus was here, he would agree with me.

btw, I am not saying Somalis must support England. Anigu, I support all the thoroughbred Cushitic and Sexy football Afro asiatic teams. However, I think it is undiplomatic for Somalis raised here to root for Germany or italy out of spite and mock english folks.............

Ibtisam   

I would support the Ethios before the English, yes. In fact as an athletic fan, I am always torn between Kenyan athletes or the Ethios, I change my support depending on the event.

Karl you are Marx, yaad waali :D

NGONGE   

What do you think this is, America? :D

One does not get too passionate about one's own team. It's the English way. icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

I can see Karl watching the games cheering Ingriisland, Inggriisland, Ingriisland :D

Ibi, you're passport should be confiscated icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

i support anything the african teams, people at work understand it, even though i know nothing about football.

ibti, folks are worried about the new dowlad and their plans on ceyrta. there is widespread panic across the UK

I think it also depends on the sport too, i would support England/Britsh teams in all other sports ( Go Murray !!! ) including Atheletics ( again African rule applies here unless Mo Farah has a chance )

In Cricket and Rubgy i support England ahead of South Africa )

I think the lack of support for the England team stems from the image of the average England supporter, white, loudish and way over confident attitude and of course the media created hype that sorrounds, maybe Somalis in Italy, Germany etc may also not cheer for their adopted nations as they are exposed to the real attitudes of their fans.

Hales   

after all the African leave, I am supporting the most entertaining or the best team

Its called appreciation

How would it be if it was the other way round and Pundits openly supported White European teams because of their skin colour when playing against teams.

That would be prejudice.

And you cant use the underdog excuse considering that East African dominate Athletics.

No one should feel duty bound to cheer England, the Irish, Scots and Welsh nationals openly despise England and cheer on whomever is playing against them so why do we feel the need to cheer for them.

Those that i have seen that have this antogonistic approach to England are those that reside within their countries.

Scotland, Wales are still seperate countries.