Dahireeto

World Cup

Germans were over hyped team playing same tactics of 2014 WC with 7 players from that winning team. Teams quickly adopted their system and were easily defended specially when they playing against fast paced players like Mexico. Plus they had no real strikers and expect to win matches by simply out passing their opponents. The young Sane may or may not have made a difference, but at least he would have been fun to watch if he was brought to the team.

As for the rest of the WC teams, Belgium, Brazil, and Croatia seem to have a well balanced teams and will definitely go further. African teams were very disappointing this time around as they showed no rhythm or passion with the exceptions of Morocco (in tough group) and maybe Senegal in their 1st match.

Those of you cheering for Mexico I think will be disappointed when Brazil crushes them like an ice cubes. Athleticism may have won them over Germany, but this Brazilian team is well drilled and very balanced. And where Mexico lacks most is their defense-and that's where Brazil will hit them hard.

galbeedi   

I agree. The Germans used to cross to the box and crush the goalkeeper. If you keep them out from the penalty box. They do not have creativity or technical ability to drible.

MMA, 

Let me tell you about the world cup of 1990.

In 1987/91,  the Italian serie A was one of the most exciting leagues in the world. Lothar Matthäus , Klinsmann and Brehme, were playing for Inter Milan;  Ruud Gullit , Rijkaard and Van Basten were playing for Milan while Maradona and two Brazilians Careca and Alamoe were with Napoli.

During the quarter finals  England was facing a Cameron led by the old man, Roger Milla. Me and couple of my friend were sipping late at the train station in Rome where of  Somalis congregated in  those days.

Suddenly a huge bus commandeered by the Cameroonian embassy showed up near the station around the bus terminal. A lady and a guy from the embassy came and asked  if anyone is interested to go to Napoli to watch the game between them and England. In other words, they were looking African fans to cheer for  their team. About ten of us mostly Somali, Ethiopian and Eritreans boarded the bus and departed to Napoli which was 2 hour and half away  from Rome.  We were Football fans who were eager to watch a world cup match at the stands for first time in our lives.

When we reached at the Napoli stadium the British hooligans were circling around and the Italian Carabinieri were all over the place. We  waited in one of the main gates to get tickets, but the Cameroonians gave most of the tickets to their compatriots, Nigeria's and the Ganinans. A Djiboutian guy protested and pushed  one of the ladies  out of anger, and suddenly, those of us from east Africa have witnessed an open African racism directed at us , and we were left outside without tickets while the drank  British hooligans were all around the stadium. 

The game started and we found ourselves outside the gates. We told the Italians about our case and how those embassy people brought us here all the way from Rome. Fortunately, they let us in after few minutes and we decided not to sit with Cameroonians. We watched the game as neutral fans while some Somalis and Ethiopians  were rooting for the English team.

To make story short, the Cameroonians were leading 2:1,. But, at the  85th minute,  they committed an necessary foul in the penalty box which gave England the equalizer. After the end of the 90th minute,   and added time,  the Africans pushed even more  all the way  and left their defensive positions. The English counter attacked, and the ball was passed to unmarked English striker.  In order to stop him , the defence  committed another clear foul in the penalty box at 105th minute. That striker who was fouled and  scored both the penalty goals was  a sticker  named Gary Lineker. These days he is BBC sports host.

The worst of all was, we had to ride the bus back to Rome with angry and disappointed Cameroonian whom we fought at the stadium gates. . Luckily we made save to Rome and went home. It was an exciting game but the way the west Africans treated us left us with a bad taste.

Anyway, at the end the Germans won the cup against Argentina of Maradona with false Penalty. I never liked the Germans in those games. I supported the Dutch of Ruud Gullit and Maradona in those years.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:34 PM, galbeedi said:

I agree. The Germans used to cross to the box and crush the goalkeeper. If you keep them out from the penalty box. They do not have creativity or technical ability to drible.

MMA, 

Let me tell you about the world cup of 1990.

In 1987/91,  the Italian serie A was one of the most exciting leagues in the world. Lothar Matthäus , Klinsmann and Brehme, were playing for Inter Milan;  Ruud Gullit , Rijkaard and Van Basten were playing for Milan while Maradona and two Brazilians Careca and Alamoe were with Napoli.

During the quarter finals  England was facing a Cameron led by the old man, Roger Milla. Me and couple of my friend were sipping late at the train station in Rome where of  Somalis congregated in  those days.

Suddenly a huge bus commandeered by the Cameroonian embassy showed up near the station around the bus terminal. A lady and a guy from the embassy came and asked  if anyone is interested to go to Napoli to watch the game between them and England. In other words, they were looking African fans to cheer for  their team. About ten of us mostly Somali, Ethiopian and Eritreans boarded the bus and departed to Napoli which was 2 hour and half away  from Rome.  We were Football fans who were eager to watch a world cup match at the stands for first time in our lives.

When we reached at the Napoli stadium the British hooligans were circling around and the Italian Carabinieri were all over the place. We  waited in one of the main gates to get tickets, but the Cameroonians gave most of the tickets to their compatriots, Nigeria's and the Ganinans. A Djiboutian guy protested and pushed  one of the ladies  out of anger, and suddenly, those of us from east Africa have witnessed an open African racism directed at us , and we were left outside without tickets while the drank  British hooligans were all around the stadium. 

The game started and we found ourselves outside the gates. We told the Italians about our case and how those embassy people brought us here all the way from Rome. Fortunately, they let us in after few minutes and we decided not to sit with Cameroonians. We watched the game as neutral fans while some Somalis and Ethiopians  were rooting for the English team.

To make story short, the Cameroonians were leading 2:1,. But, at the  85th minute,  they committed an necessary foul in the penalty box which gave England the equalizer. After the end of the 90th minute,   and added time,  the Africans pushed even more  all the way  and left their defensive positions. The English counter attacked, and the ball was passed to unmarked English striker.  In order to stop him , the defence  committed another clear foul in the penalty box at 105th minute. That striker who was fouled and  scored both the penalty goals was  a sticker  named Gary Lineker. These days he is BBC sports host.

The worst of all was, we had to ride the bus back to Rome with angry and disappointed Cameroonian whom we fought at the stadium gates. . Luckily we made save to Rome and went home. It was an exciting game but the way the west Africans treated us left us with a bad taste.

Anyway, at the end the Germans won the cup against Argentina of Maradona with false Penalty. I never liked the Germans in those games. I supported the Dutch of Ruud Gullit and Maradona in those years.

Xusuus waayo waayo ah ayaa gishay yaah. Walaalahey iyo abtigey amaa meesha ku kulanteen. Waagaas Talyaaniga ayee deganayeen. Modena magaalo la dhaho inay degnaayeen filaa.

Anigana waayo waayo ku saabsan 1990 Ciyaaraha Adduunka aan galee.

Anagoo fiirsaneyno ciyaar ka mid ah ayee korontadii tagtay. Ciyaar kulul ayee ahayd, waxaana filaa inay Kaamaroon ciyaarayeen. Aniga iyo walaashey waa sugi weynay, reerka nagu dhagan naga dambeeyeen ayaa matoor u yaalay oo isla markii shitay. Anaga isla markii iyagaa aadnay, waa markii noogu horeysay aan u tagno guri kale telefashin daawashadiisa.

Reerkaas inay Reer Waqooyi ahaayeen ayaa ogaa, laakiin dagaalada ka dib ayaa waxaa sii ogaaday inay Reer Awdal ahaayeen. Inaa taqaanid laga yaabaaba maxaa yeelay dhamaadkii sideedamaadkii ayee reerkaas dad ka wada tirsan shil gaari ku dhamaadeen, shilkaas oo ka dhacay buurta Sheekh, iyagoo ku sii jeeday deeganadooda. Wiilkooda oo ciyaal xaafadda ahaa ayaa ka badbaaday shilkaas, Xamarna lagu soo celiyey si loogu daaweeyo. Ciyaal xaafadda Khaalid Qaldaan u yaqaaneen wiilkaas. Hadda inuu Boorama ku noolyahay jeclahay oo abwaan inuu yahay filaa.

England is gonna win the world cup xalay ducadi wala iga aqbalay. Ilahoow koobka ingriiska sii harrey na waki megen leheley. This year is the year of the Englishmen

Belgium team is strong Korea is strong

Brazil wa neymar iyo babah.

so unfortunate for Japan they started good

I like the japs bye bye mr tanaka

Aroori   

I am just happy cry baby Neymar is out, the beautiful game ha no place for rolling on the floor or diving. what if he played against Nesta, Keane, Viera, Gattuso.......!

Aroori   

Congratulations to France; 19 of their 23  players are either immigrants or children of immigrants. Africans deserved to say "it is coming home more than the English" :D:D

DiKexG6WsAI3msV.jpg

DiKSyWKX0AAHPwT.jpg