Suldaanka

Ethiopian blogger "Ethiopia and Somalia will join in the near future..."

Who in the right mind will unite with Ethiopia? The blogger is reading a lot of into PM's visit and obviously, he didn't read the communique. That said, Somalia got nothing from PM's visit other than the shallow "let's respect Somali sovereignty"

Just now, maakhiri1 said:

I think blogger is on something.This has always been the grand plan of Ethiopua.

You are really giving Ethiopia too much credit. It is a poor country sitting on powder keg besieged by ethno-nationalism and is living on loans. The ethno-nationalists are getting more and more bold everyday. And the demand for outright independence will only get loader.

Samafal   

I don't know why we somalis are so afraid of Ethopia. Ethopia is as vulnerable as Somalia is in terms of ethnic unrest and political upheaval. I believe we have a lot to gain from economic integration as part of Horn of Africa bloc that is equivalent to the that of the Eastern African Econmic bloc. We have very business minded population that have already proven themselves in Eastern and Souther Africa, and we can easily dominate Ethopia once they open up and adopt free trade.

All we need is to get our acts together and strengthen our institutions so that we go into negotiations while we know what are our interests iand how best to achieve them.

Samafal   

Ducale cuqdad yuururta (DCY), sxb rag baad is haysaane calaacalka iyo oohinya iska yaree. I for one don't want you to be banned from SOL. SOL is a soothing medication for you I believe. If you are banned you may commit suicide with all these cuqdad in yoir chest.

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

I think blogger is on something.This has always been the grand plan of Ethiopua.

maakhiri1,

Do you have those moments where a person is saying something and you listen or better yet hear something completely different, we all do at times. This is one of those.

There is so much concerted facebook, TV, twitter campaign about PM Abiy I don't know how much army UAE has hired. Image makers.

He was talking about Economic integration. Some Ethiopians including Amhara have been asking, how could we have economic integration with Kenya and not even visit to Somalia that have longest border, largest shared population..etc.

His image makers want to show that Abiy can bring the Somali to peace, friendship, economic common market even integration more than Tigre...That is the whole point. And it fell apart before launch. Somebody did not watch the timing. He released literally what was told.

2 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Is this dying secessionists wildest wet dream? Iska sii riyoow.

Not to defend anyone here, but actually this has nothing to do with northern Somalia. This is something in Mugadihsu. There are forces in Mugadishu who think a close relations with Oromo is their ticket and they think the Tigray is gone.

The Oromo want also to show that they can gain friendship from the Somali more than Tigre.

Undermining Kililka also is part of it and undermiing images of kililka in Somalia.

2 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Is this dying secessionists wildest wet dream? Iska sii riyoow.

The irony is not lost on anyone with half a brain. In fact, for Bay & Bakool regions,  we are not talking about a future event... it is happenned already. 

DgAR952WAAAaJ0S.jpg:large

4 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

The irony is not lost on anyone with half a brain. In fact, for Bay & Bakool regions,  we are not talking about a future event... it is happenned already. 

DgAR952WAAAaJ0S.jpg:large

This is an old map. Maybe 2011 about.

Your main point of course stands.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

18 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

This is an old map. Maybe 2011 about.

Your main point of course stands.

I am sure Ethiopians have consolidated their grip more, not less. 

I had to ask Ethiopian friend to clarify what PM said. It seems PM words was construed by different groups. That said, Somalia which has no control over its borders shouldn't enter these sort of agreements. Regaining our sovereignty through reconcialation should be our main goal.

Samafal,

We should trade with our neighbors but Somalia is not in a position to control its fate.

5 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I had to ask Ethiopian friend to clarify what PM said. It seems PM words was construed by different groups. That said, Somalia which has no control over its borders shouldn't enter these sort of agreements. Regaining our sovereignty through reconcialation should be our main goal.

My friend, When ever a Somali politician gives up in trying to solve the most important 1..2..3 issues of the country, then talk starts Ethiopia blaming or praising. That has been running for last 3 decades.

Tell a Somali politician from the republic " I will take you to Jowhar or Baidoa, you have 30 days to work on nothing but constitution, you will have nothing but clean water and biscuits tea/coffee, no radio not TV no ipad, no contact with Qatar, UAE, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Kenya...." See what they would say. Constitutions are made like that in Ethiopia even districts provincial laws are made like that.

As you said it some over enthusiastic Oromo trying to show that an Oromo PM is best for friendship with Somalia. He missed the fact that:

Ethiopian PM waited 2 months to visit Somalia that should have been no later than 3rd foreign country to visit. No amount of pie in the sky port economic this or that can cover this failure or if planned this message.

Ethiopian PM visits Somalia after doing all that propaganda with UAE that  has misunderstanding with Somalia almost same day going there befre he forgets what UAE wants.