Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Nobel Peace Prize award to a moslem lady

Jaabir   

I see where this is going... they only wanted to encourage the Iranian women to get "liberated" and rebel the ancient Islamic teachings that kept them stuck in the 14th century...

they only want to cause conflict in Iran.. i am pretty sure the motives behind this award are mere political ones..

For some strange reason, muslim men see successful muslim women as threat rather than victory. Any attempt by a woman to improve the oppressed status of women in the muslim world is seen as rebellous and unislamic :rolleyes:

Darman, a closer examination at the Iranian situation will give u a better insight. Please dont jump to conclusions.

2 thumps up to Ebadi for her valuable efforts.

^^^ thats not fair darman, did you read the full article? are you aware of the situation in iran today? they love khomini, its the other mullahs who are abusing their power and doing everything they can to hold on to it. they go as far as inprisoning students for as much as 3 years for having different political views and car bombing other activists. things are also tough for women and children too, and its horrible that these men hide behind islam to keep their positions. remember ""There is no difference between Islam and human rights," shrin ebadi. she also said in another article that its important that outsiders dont meddle in the situation of iran, its up to the people to make change which i think most muslims will agree with.

zak99   

yup! sometimes, i get the feeling that wadaad shugumaanley is so jealous when it comes female positive achievements! lets face it, to shugumaanley, females are properties and sub-human according to their tiny brains and tiny ....!lol!

Xafsa   

"There is no difference between Islam and human rights," she told a Paris news conference

Darman there is your answer ^.

Do you really think what Iran is doing right now is pure Islam? That the government is using the real islam and not their version of islam?

bilan   

salaam

i do not trust the western people when they give their awards to the muslims, what is the problem in iran that required woman to be liberated? is not it, because they forced women to wear hijab, then how come we do not see the same award being given to the turkish women who are denied the right to wear hijab who continously are demonstrating and writting? how come iran is considered and saudi arabia for that matter to be oppresing countries because they force their women to cover up but france is considered to be democratic and free because they force muslim girls to uncover. i do not agree everything that saudi arabia or iran are doing. the only reason that they gave the award to her is that she is selling their ideas. they(western) are always talking about how saudi or iran are forcing women to wear hijab, but they never talk about france and Turkey, so give me a break they do not care about muslim women,the only thing they care is their ideas and moral to be spread, if women see something wrong with the rulers and i'm sure there are plenty of them they should not go to the western to fix for them peroid, they should try to fix it with the quran and Sunnah, it is not easy but it is doable.

Salaan...

Well, the problem is not her winning. The problem is THIS:

r2616841408.jpg

The winning lady in Iran

capt.sge.niy46.101003155821.photo00.defa

The same lady in Paris

What do these two pictures tell you?

P.S.: I don't even give a heck about Nobel Peace Prize award considering George Bush and Tony Blair were among the nominees of this year's entrants. The slight idea of even nominating Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair underrates the very foundation of Nobel's founder.

Khayr   

There is no difference between Islam and human rights

said by Somalien

How can I say this less bluntly-

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

What does Islam have to do with Human Rights?

By manking such a statement, then you are saying

that homosexuals have right to exist in society,

that fornication is Normal and that people who engage in them, should not be looked down upon or punished, or that Men and Women are Equal, Muslim and NonMuslim shold be treated the same b/c they are both Humans? etc....

Divine Rights in Islam Supercedes/are greater then Human Rights .

The Shariah is their to curb such notions of LIBERALISM wherein EVERYTHING is PERMISSIBLE

as long as it can be rationalised and argued and doesn't conflict with the ECONOMY!!!

If human rights and Islam went hand in hand, then the Shariah would be liberal and wouldn't impose NonMuslims in a Muslim State to pay Jaziah (a tax for nonmuslims that live in an Islamic State such as present day Iran (or what is left of it) ).

If human rights and Islam went hand in hand, then

you would not need to go wear Hijab b/c Hijab makes you look oppressed (especially in 30+ Celsuis weather in places like Texas or Cali. etc.).

we could say that since so and so is injured or sick, that they don't have to pray Salat, cause they are 'Disabled'. But you know in Shariah, as long as you are sane and awake, you have to perform salat even if its moving hands and reading the quran if you are paralyzed.

MMA, the diff. in that picture is that she had to comply with Shariah Law when she was in Iran, but in France she was following another rule

'Do as the FRENCH do'.

The questions is what is she really for

ISLAM or LIBERALISM (which is what the WEST aspires to aka Believing and doing whatever u like

no matter what the consquences, provided they can tax you on it!)

Really and truely, that is what all of us should ask ourselves each day, if you don't see anything

wrong with this picture of the West Glorifying an Iranian Women for "HUMAN RIGHTS" when she comes from a muslim land, well then something is wrong with you, cause you don't see the difference in values.

Let me put it this way, if you like to eat a Bagel and cheese or anjeero and suubag every morning and you don't think that it is not good for you and that is doesn't make u gain wait, then you would be fooling yourself and harming yourself-Right?

I think that we can all agree on that,

well in this othercase, it has nothing to do with your body but with your mind and soul.

You really don't how much harm is being done

to you when you are listening to those lectures with your prof., or watching "The Wedding Planner feat. J.LO".

You have to feel Uncomfortable in this society, to actually become conscious of these things.

THE MOMENT THAT A MUSLIM SAYS THAT THE NONMUSLIMS

REALLY LIKE MUSLIMS, IS WHEN THEY ARE FOOLED AND DEFEATD. Remember after 9/11, well where u as a muslim still loved and adored by most of your neighbours???

Bulo,

Walaal, I think that you said it all.

Jazakallah Khayr, cause when I see other muslims

that can look through the eyes of the Shaytans

and see what they are doing, it gives me hope

and inspiration.

ALLAHU-AKBIR!!!

nuune   

MMA,man,,what a comparative pictures u brought,

i don't think she will benefit anything from this stuff she was given,i don't give a damn shiiiit about Iran,the mullah,ther khomanis,the ayatollahs and reformists,what are they,they r all shii'ate!!

khayr,,,,MashaAllah i couldnt have said it better than that ....

the kuffars will never be the friends of the muslims.....they will spend their whole lives planning on how to make us reject our Lord, and our duties to him,,,,

that women is one they have conquered an acheivement for them,,,,,,May Allah guide her and us all......Amiin

She has taken groundbreaking cases dealing with domestic abuse and the rights of street children. Her writings have touched on rights for refugees, women and child laborers.

Ebadi has been awarded on Friday the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize for her focus on human rights, especially on the struggle for the rights of women and children. Behind is Antoine Bernard, executive directorof the International Federation for Human Rights.

She turned her law office into a base for rights crusades and assaults on the establishment on issues such a persecution of dissidents and now-rare punishments such as stoning and flogging for social offenses.

"The prize is an outcome of her relentless fight against inequality," said Azam Taleqani, leader of a women's right group.

Iranian women were especially overjoyed
. For years, Ebadi has been the most forceful voice for greater women's rights and abuses against children and those on the margins of society.

Thats WHY She won....for those of U unable to read :rolleyes:

Also Khayr, Islam was the first religion to grant human rights so the two are inseparable.

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote: There is no difference between Islam and human rights

said by Somalien

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

that fornication is Normal and that people who engage in them, should not be looked down upon or punished, or that Men and Women are Equal, Muslim and NonMuslim shold be treated the same b/c they are both Humans? etc....

Divine Rights in Islam Supercedes/are greater then Human Rights .

The Shariah is their to curb such notions of LIBERALISM wherein EVERYTHING is PERMISSIBLE

as long as it can be rationalised and argued and doesn't conflict with the ECONOMY!!!

If human rights and Islam went hand in hand, then the Shariah would be liberal and wouldn't impose NonMuslims in a Muslim State to pay Jaziah (a tax for nonmuslims that live in an Islamic State such as present day Iran (or what is left of it) ).

you would not need to go wear Hijab b/c Hijab makes you look oppressed (especially in 30+ Celsuis weather in places like Texas or Cali. etc.).

we could say that since so and so is injured or sick, that they don't have to pray Salat, cause they are 'Disabled'. But you know in Shariah, as long as you are sane and awake, you have to perform salat even if its moving hands and reading the quran if you are paralyzed.

MMA, the diff. in that picture is that she had to comply with Shariah Law when she was in Iran, but in France she was following another rule

'Do as the FRENCH do'.

The questions is what is she really for

ISLAM or LIBERALISM (which is what the WEST aspires to aka Believing and doing whatever u like

no matter what the consquences, provided they can tax you on it!)

Really and truely, that is what all of us should ask ourselves each day, if you don't see anything

wrong with this picture of the West Glorifying an Iranian Women for "HUMAN RIGHTS" when she comes from a muslim land, well then something is wrong with you, cause you don't see the difference in values.

Let me put it this way, if you like to eat a Bagel and cheese or anjeero and suubag every morning and you don't think that it is not good for you and that is doesn't make u gain wait, then you would be fooling yourself and harming yourself-Right?

I think that we can all agree on that,

well in this othercase, it has nothing to do with your body but with your mind and soul.

You really don't how much harm is being done

to you when you are listening to those lectures with your prof., or watching "The Wedding Planner feat. J.LO".

You have to feel Uncomfortable in this society, to actually become conscious of these things.

THE MOMENT THAT A MUSLIM SAYS THAT THE NONMUSLIMS

REALLY LIKE MUSLIMS, IS WHEN THEY ARE FOOLED AND DEFEATD. Remember after 9/11, well where u as a muslim still loved and adored by most of your neighbours???

Bulo,

Walaal, I think that you said it all.

Jazakallah Khayr, cause when I see other muslims

that can look through the eyes of the Shaytans

and see what they are doing, it gives me hope

and inspiration.

ALLAHU-AKBIR!!!
i disagree. i think alot of muslims are disilluisioned because of the rise of the west, and when you express an idea even slightly similar to how the west is running than youre somehow unislamic. the west had no concept of human rights until possibly the 1700 A.C where as islam has been respecting peoples lives for over 1400 years. the difference between us and the west today is our concept of morality, you commit a crime than youve forfitted youre rights. i never even remotely hinted that the hijab was oppressive, and the only people who say that are people who dont know what theyre talking about. what i do find oppressive, is beating a woman to wear it, or making up a rule that a woman cant show her face in public, or denying women the right to an education (the taliban), or killing children or daughters for being seen with a boy which (honor killings) still occurs in iran. imprisoning people for theyre views is not allowed in islam, protesting is not illegal in islam, not being muslim is not illegal either, crimes are. please dont assume that everything is invented by the west or even that other people believe that. i wish more muslims would express more concern when they hear stories of abuse of power by muslims, even if you dont believe it (i dont blame you if youre source is western media), at least dont immediately rule out the possiblity. i think its even worse when muslims harm each other than if it were a kaffir. its sad, no solidarity.

also, liberal in an islamic context is not even close to liberalism in the west.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Khayr:

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

Rageeda baa tahay saxib khayr.. smile.gif