Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somali London

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ You rampant feminists will stop at nothing! Have you no heart? The accused man is your countryman. Does that not bother you? Don’t you think it’s unfair?

How dare you reduce such a grave case to a silly comparison with storms and teacups?

I don’t make it a habit to insult those I disagree with, but if I ever were to make an exception, I would have called you a sell-out, Zephyrine

It's only words on a screen, words on a screen! icon_razz.gif

PS: NG, I believe the drawing of big pictures is called for in here.

NGONGE   

^^^ This did not take place thousands of miles away. It was on your and my doorstep. We can’t afford to be indifferent when such injustices take place right under our noses. What if it’s me or you getting arrested tomorrow? What if they fabricate evidence against us too?

Remember, no victim came forward. The alleged passer-by has also not come forward! Their whole case rests heavily on the dubious CCTV footage that they have. They also claim to have had a confession from the guy, but who would guarantee that he knew what he was confessing to? Who knows if he understood the severity of the charges levelled against him? The man has only been in the country for two years, I’ve met and spoke to Somalis who lived in London for forty years and still can’t speak English!

Are you not moved by such an injustice? :mad:

Of course I would be moved by such injustice...if it was injustice. But, I would rather feel safe when walking through those underground subways in E & C and other areas. smile.gif

Diamante   

^^ Someone is feeling emotional redface.gif

I'd say lock him up and throw away the keys. I have no sympathy for rapists whatsoever, regardless of the fact they were succesful or not.

The fact he is a "fellow countryman" is not important, a rapist has no nationality or a human status in my eyes. They're sick individuals who deserve the severest of punishments.

STOIC   

^^ I happen to disagree with you on that assumption of "lock him up and throw the key".Imagine you are visiting your freind that lives in the other side of the town.Your freind invited you to play a game of soccer or basketball-in the finest American spirit -you accepted to play the game.You have learned to play the game all your life long!.But let us pretend this day i suspected you wanted to break your freinds leg.Could your freind ever press charges against you just because you had the intention to break his leg?.An attempt to commit a crime is an enedervour to accomplish it (we all agree that ), carried beyond mere preparation, but failing short of execution of the ultimate design , in any part of it will not proove of you commiting the crime.Crime requires an overt act to happen.The act must be sufficiently related to the intent to constitute a crime.This guy did not commit the act,then how can they press charges against him?.No where in this world people are punished for the mere thought of wanting to commit a crime.

NGONGE   

I understand and appreciate how some females would have strong feelings about the issue of rape (feelings I completely share). However, in this case, the accused was a Somali! Does that not count for anything? Does it not lessen your disgust and anger somewhat?

With no victim to be had, no witness to be found, I consider it the height of unfairness to keep our fellow Somali in imprisonment. I hope that some other, like-minded individuals will see the injustice here and start petitioning their local members of parliament on our brother’s behalf.

There is no point appealing to the feminists amongst you.

Castro   

There is no point appealing to the feminists amongst you.

To deny one's feminism is to deny one's humanity. Good luck appealing to that.

It's easy to think of this case as a victim-less crime but that is naive and extremely dangerous. The fact that the perpetrator is Somali is entirely irrelevant as well.

Ofleh

Juxa   

salaams all,

did anyone of you read the whole article. it was suggested there was a witness. a burly white man interupted the rape, it was then that the lady got hold of her bag and run off. the CCTV camera also captured the man performing a sexual act on himself. that again shows there was a lengty time this somali man was on video.

what i dont understand is why the security guards did not alert the police, why did they wait so long?

as one nomad suggested this is not guatamo bay, UK justice system is quite straight forward, they wont charge him without evidence?

if the man committed this awfully crime, i say castrate him. if he did not ofcourse we have to support him :confused:

i just wonder maxa somalida meeshi foolxunba istaajiyay? bilaa caleek

N.O.R.F   

the accused was a Somali! Does that not count for anything? Does it not lessen your disgust and anger somewhat?

Blame the gaad saxib and our attitue towards it rather than our lack of support, look at 90% of asylum seekrs today, they are striving to work/find work/make some money to send home. What do we often do? look for income support and chew our lives away resulting in bad kids and these sort of incidents.

We have no one but ourselves to blame!

By STOIC:

But let us pretend this day i suspected you wanted to break your freinds leg.Could your freind ever press charges against you just because you had the intention to break his leg?.An attempt to commit a crime is an enedervour to accomplish it (we all agree that ), carried beyond mere preparation, but failing short of execution of the ultimate design , in any part of it will not proove of you commiting the crime.Crime requires an overt act to happen.

Your scenario has nothing to do with this case. The crime this man was convicted of is 'ATTEMPTED RAPE'. Now, although attempted rape isnt actual rape, it is still a crime. Much like 'attempted murder'. The intention in both is as bad as the execution of the act. Make sense?

STOIC   

Zeph the reason i raised the scenerio is because it is all too common one for a defense attorney not only in attempted rape but also in hate crime to proove that intention doesn't count.The reason i came up with the scenerio was to evaluate how an intention can not be used to justify a crime.I beleive the law has gone overboard in indicting this guy without any witness or victim at hand.I am not condoning this guy act if he did attempted rape.I am afraid of him being another innocent convicted and branded the sex offender for life, solely on the basis of a police officer's account.I know from the begining of time women were dehumanized by some men who happen to be scum of the earth.Every violent criminal act leaves in it's destructive path victims who unfortunately becomes "evidence" in our legal system.Hard to swallow as it may sound to all of us this victims are the once that can only proove the "act" took place.I hope you do not take me as someone who is defending rules of engagement for men and blaming women. :D

^What are you defending?

1. The footage was clear on CCTV.

2. He was seen attacking some1 out of the blue and attempting to rape her.

3. A level of damage was incurred by the victim as evident in the footage.

4. A bypasser stopped him from completely committing the crime.

Evident: Intention + Partial crime.

STOIC   

^^^Kleid...the technique of using demonstrative evidence like video is so widespread nowadays but they can still be objectionable!.