Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

(Article) Men Prefer the Mommy Types--Was the Feminist Movement a cruel joke?

shyhem   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Keep them coming araweelooyin and plz aim at my way.

Bal maxaa i watay
:D

Baashi

Don't be scared mister,they are little girls afterall don't they.If u need help i can volunteer to hold the ammo for u.Refer to the thread "where are the good old somali housewives"

As for the ladies,there is nothing wrong with an educated woman.On the otherhand there is nothing unusual or wrong about men not wanting to marry an educated woman.In conclusion some things never change.

Its funny how people see what they want to see. From this post (which I made no comment on or pushed a point) all these people are thinking Im a bitter old spinster.

First of all, I don't really care who the hell a man marries, when or why. That is no concern of mine, neither does it interest me any much.

Secondly, Im saying how surprising it is that men hold such high expectations and standards when they themselves are sadly lacking and fall way behind the bar.

So dont be twisting my words, if you have a "bone to pick" say it and dont hide behind "ranting old spinsters".

Baashi   

FF, So it's the double standards that you don't like am I right?

Aah! This is what it’s all about eh “qaat†and “qaat-eatersâ€. I hate to make assumptions but I wonder if that is what made you generalize all men as being “arseholes, Jackarses, worthless, expired, questionable mental capacity, beer-gutted, skinny, semi-retarded, anti-social Faraaxs, and lil bitty brain power bunch,â€. Are they (all your suitors) qaat-eaters darling? What a pity! For the life in me I couldn’t quite understood what on green earth that made you harbor this kind of disdain toward all men. I’m not so sure if I got the whole picture here though. Calm down, take a deep breath, and tell me more plz. Is it the “qaat†and “qat-eaters†that made u go nuts? There must be a reason methinks. And how did the alcoholics get into the picture? These ones too...did they ask u out?

Shyhem, my man many many thanks. I will let you reason with them from now on bud.

^dude, dont be scurred. You said she was old unmarried and crap like that! :D

Baashi, waa sual balse let the former spinister now damsel wanna be explain that ish!

lol.

Are they (all your suitors) qaat-eaters darling?

I haven't had any suitors...maybe never. Could be due to the fact that I'm an ulgly old hag.

I don't have to be in a relationship..just observe the ones around me.

Fish: Me and Jackson are cool. Sorry to put out the flames you were blowing.

Baashi   

And how many relationships you had the chance and the pleasure to observe? Work with me princess I think we are getting somewhere.

**Crossing my fingers...this time around she will behave and won't display that emotional outbrust...**

Fish:

well, am not cool with you.

I'm so heartbroken, Im near suicidal. :rolleyes:

Baashi:

And how many relationships you had the chance and the pleasure to observe?

Pleasure? Do I look like a sicko to you? :eek: Actually, dont answer.

Now, I have observed a lot of relationships (neighbours, strangers, relatives) to know what I'm talking about.

I'm so heartbroken, Im near suicidal

Whoa Whoa, I was just kidding Lady!. dont kill yourself just coz i said i dont like you.

Fine, I will like you. Jeez & cheese. icon_razz.gif

Am jst a beer gutted jaad chewing farax. Dont kill yourself over me huuno

FF,

Ka leexda gabartaas. Anigeey ii sheegtay oo ka gartay dabeecadeeda, maba jecla nin caqli badan oo la xisaabtami kara, waxay jeceshahay raga qosolka badan oo meeshii loo diraba aan hadal kasoo celin, waxay sheegtana ugu nacamleeya. icon_razz.gif

Baashi if you don't qualify the above job descriptions, then you may need to find out the exit door of this FF-Mudul/Aqal.

dawoco   

This thread has been so much better than the average eastenders episode, even the national enquirer doesn't contain such explosive contents.

a big thnx to you all for i now have no need to go out and buy another weekly gos mag, nor do i need to waste time watching my daily dose of neighbours, home and away and coronation street.

But besides its entertainment value, did this topic really need to go where it went?

Now, to go back to the article originally posted. I think the whole "french maid is sexy" ideology has been around for a long time, only at the time it was something sordid that a man(always a white middle aged middle-upper class) would hide from his wife. She would become the mistress, away from all respectable, prying eyes.

Now it seems that the whole thing is being made glamourous. Hollywood tends to do that to the subjects it covers. And as for the stay at home mommy, i can't really have an opinion on it as i haven't got a child and lack the emotions that children invoke in their mothers, but then again that wasn't being discussed was it?

Some men are mommies boys, others are more responsible and independant, but every woman knows what type her future husband is before marrying him, in most cases. As for the image depicted of succesful women in those films, doesn't really matter, waxaan aamin sanahay in eey naagaha cadaanka lee matalaayaan, so we nomad sisters are safe ;)