Che -Guevara

Ethiopia says UAE to deposit $1 billion in central bank to ease foreign currency shortages

ADDIS ABABA, June 15 (Reuters) - The United Arab Emirates will deposit $1 billion in Ethiopia's central bank to ease foreign currency shortages in the Horn of Africa nation, an Ethiopian official said on Friday.

"$1 billion will be deposited in the National Bank (of Ethiopia) in a few days time to tackle the foreign currency shortage," Ahmed Shide, head of Ethiopia's Government Communications Affairs Office, told Reuters after the country's prime minister Abiy Ahmed met Abu Dhabi's crown prince Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed in Addis Ababa. (Reporting by Aaron Maasho Writing by Maggie Fick Editing by Alison Williams)

very weird things happening

1. UAE depositing billion and investing 3 billion maybe buy big corporations

2. China, Turkey, Djibouti freezing

3. Sudan cooling and Egypt warming

4. Eritrea being prepared for being used re- launching of Yemen war

5. UAE delegation vising Badme the conflict town between Ethiopia Eritrea

6. Ethiopia to use Asab by way of UAE who practically own the place has been a year since Eritreans left the whole place to UAE.

Things happening very very fast USA co-ordinating everything

I hope Ghelleh will keep low key and not get into any trouble with that nomadic independence and bravery. Time to be afraid and stay below radar.

Don't lose what you have trying to show the UAE your Somali character. You will lose more.

Holac   
6 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

very weird things happening

1. UAE depositing billion and investing 3 billion maybe buy big corporations

2. China, Turkey, Djibouti freezing

3. Sudan cooling and Egypt warming

4. Eritrea being prepared for being used re- launching of Yemen war

5. UAE delegation vising Badme the conflict town between Ethiopia Eritrea

6. Ethiopia to use Asab by way of UAE who practically own the place has been a year since Eritreans left the whole place to UAE.

Things happening very very fast USA co-ordinating everything

I hope Ghelleh will keep low key and not get into any trouble with that nomadic independence and bravery. Time to be afraid and stay below radar.

Don't lose what you have trying to show the UAE your Somali character. You will lose more.

I agree with everything you said above. UAE is playing a very dangerous game. It is absolutely stunning to see Abiy acting like a UAE  poodle after being in office very short period.

I think for Somaliland its positive  the UAE and Somaliland and  Ethiopia has a share in our port. The more Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia and emirate strengthen economic and trade ties. The better for us in Somaliland.

8 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I like seeing Observer getting his macawis twisted when things are not going the Woyane's ways.

I am not surprised only at the speed of things.

UAE is trying very hard to punish Djibouti and exclude Qatar from Ethiopia and break Ethiopia Sudan bond.

UAE Saudi and Egypt are trying to do war in Yemen from Eritrea side so they want Ethiopias OK since Eritrea and Ethiopia are at war they simply cannot set up shop in Eritrea.

That is what Yamamoto was doing.

Aren't you surprised at the speed and amount of money involved?

BTW in case yu have not seen it yet, its totally against Somalia interest.