Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The ''Refugee'' Mentality

Originally posted by Nephissa:

I don't see any problem with refugees/immigrants maintaining their life-style in the western world as long as such a life-style does not break the law. Laakini there are certain things that people should go out of their way to integrate on [language, for one] while also keeping their culture and heritage alive. Habar-gaal oo candho wayn la sheekeeysigeeda ama la saaxiibkeeda wax ay igu soo siyaadinaysaa oo macno leh ma jirto. Inta yar ee aan la shaqaynaayo baanba qatyaan ka ahay. Best to stick to your own and love it, addeer. Adigu if you want to bend over to kiss their (|) and kill your heritage cidi kuguma dhegena, go right aheedh.

acudibillah, see ku og tahay iney habart candho weyn leedehay?

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, the man has expressed his opinion. If your opinion differs go ahead and state it. Your recent spate of requests for facts/proof are stifling any discussion.

Marx has made some valid points.

Som@li   

lol@osaan,Candhada meelkaalaan moodee, Osaan ma looyaqaan.

Marx, Very good points, It is always finding the right balance of everything, Isolating yourself is not going to work, at the same time changing your identity/culture is not right.

NGONGE   

Norf,

Fabregas makes good points. Marx waffles. And, not, it was not an opinion you oaf. He was presenting it as fact.

ps

What discussion am I stifiling? Oh! I get you, you want me to do like you and tell him that I fully agree with his 'facts'? Fine.

Marx, I couldn't agree more. icon_razz.gif

NG,

If you don't agree with my idea then just say so sxb. No one is forcing you to agree. Unfortunately your counter argument was very poor hence why you are resorting to personal attacks on me. We all have different lived experience and this may vary according to peoples different experience but what I presented was my own view. It just so happened that other people have similar experiences as myself. These views are not universal and you are more than entitled to present your own argument, but you shouldn't claim your experiences are universal and apply to all Somali people so maha??

Why do you have the need to deliberately condescend what I have to say. You could have just not commented but instead you had to mock and savagely mock me. calling me an oaf is not nice!

Attack the ideas not the person.

NGONGE   

^^ I did not call you an oaf, you oaf. That was for Norf. :D

I can't attack ideas when they're presented as facts, saaxib. First I have to pick you up on your "I understand this idea has been recycled many times over. This is because it’s true and still evident." comment and then maybe decide to talk about the topic itself.

Now you say it is your view. Alright, I still don't wholly agree with it.

(It's good stuff by the way or else I would not have included the word reluctantly when calling it stuff and nonsense). :D

Being the only bully left on SOL i guess allows you to calling people what you like and to intimidate them at will. These days i am trying to come across as an ideas man, an academic if you like. But you and I and all of SOL know, if i return to my predatory tactics no one will be safe, least you of all people.

I am glad i am good and highly respected member of SOL these days.

NGONGE   

^^ Calling him an oaf is a term of endearment, saaxib. I'll admit that I am a bit of a bully but I only ever bully Val (she secretly likes it).

ps

You know the trying to come across as one thing or anther trick, let it happen saaxib. Don't announce it. icon_razz.gif

Buuxo   

^Ngonge you need to change your migrant mentality icon_razz.gif

I think Tuujiye was talking about the same thing, in some other thread.