Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

East Africa travellers

Dhubad.   

^loooooool@Faarax, adi wax saxoow aa maanta kaa soo haray. Waa runtaa sxb, wuu dhunjiyaa, wuxuuna leeyahay aashito oo shiidayso.

Waan dabi jiranay intaa laf aan silig dheer ku xirno kadibna murkuu liqo ayaan ku soo jiidi jirany(I know its cruel act but we were young)

Faarax, where you from horta?

Originally posted by Puujaa:

quote:Originally posted by Paragon:

829335828_6c027b9950.jpg

Isn't this
qooleey
?
:D:D:D Wax isweydiin ma xumee walaashiis, waligaa magaalo ma dhaaftay oo miyi ma gaartay?

Qooleey maa luggahaas dhaadheer qoriqoriga ah ku yaalo?

Dhulka ayaaba igu daran oo u eg meel gubatay, oo anjagan, qaleel ah. Hal caleen kama muuqato. Dhirtii yarayd wada baaba'day.

Originally posted by Dhubad:

^loooooool@Faarax, adi wax saxoow aa maanta kaa soo haray. Waa runtaa sxb, wuu dhunjiyaa, wuxuuna leeyahay aashito oo shiidayso.

Waan dabi jiranay intaa laf aan silig dheer ku xirno kadibna murkuu liqo ayaan ku soo jiidi jirany(I know its cruel act but we were young)

Faarax, where you from horta?

I am from a remote village between Burhajey & Faxfaxdhuun,not far away from the border

Seriously, Anu reer NFD baan ahay,but one side of my family has a foot in around Waamo & the other side all the way up in Southern Etobia,bordering Balad Xaawo & Doolow. ;)

My Knowledge of Trees,Animals & terminologies is all from my father who was a vetenerian by proffession. I travelled with him as a child all around NFD & the bordertowns of Somalia many many years ago,Very helpful life changing experience that i probably will never ever forget.

raula   

Xantalay? we used to say it different-as in Cantalay...(and there was a song that went with it by the way). I remember quudquudato also. Qooleey or some say it Quuleey.

Originally posted by raula:

Xantalay? we used to say it different-as in Cantalay...(and there was a song that went with it by the way). I remember quudquudato also. Qooleey or some say it Quuleey.

I can understand why a Sujuu like you would say "Cantalay" as opposed to Xantalay or Quuley as opposed to Qooley. :D

raula   

Mandhow Farax BOROON...maxaa sijui ka qabtaa. You are born and bread in SABUNLEY..xaas sheege adi icon_razz.gif:D

JB :D caadi ma tihide.

Tuujiye   

^^^^ Ar waa gabadheenii masayda aheed!!! Kaalay manooshahay Wili??????? Mar hore in ugaalidaada la cunay aan u qabee!!!

Ps. Gambar gaaban adi makuugu fadhiisankaro laakiin geed dheer aan kuu fuulaa!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!!

raula   

^^^Aheey waa dhagadheer icon_razz.gif

Mr. Paragon, I would love to know how the trip was! (napitia london karibuni mda mfupi tu towards nairoberry/kampala area, so kikombe ya chai ni poa tupige story-ama!).

Dhubad-i concur.

Faarax BORON- waxaan ka garan one family that still resides in Bungoma that are from reer doloow! Umeenda wapi sikuhizi?

Amistad   

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

"Las Geel is undisputably Somaliland's pièce de résistance. Hundreds of magnificent neolithic rock art paintings in perfect condition adorn the walls of several interconnected caves and shelters. Some paintings exceed one metre in length and their state of preservation is exceptional.

Were it not in Somaliland, this fantastic site would immediately be declared a World Heritage Site and swamped with masses of tourists. Sadly (well, not quite), as long as Somaliland is not recognised by the international community, all attempts at protecting Las Geel will be unsuccessful and it will remain a hidden gem."

Where in the world is Laas Geel?, I heard Laas Ciidle, I heard Laas dhuure,Laas Caanood too, but never Laas Geel.

Not entirely true. I drove from Hargeisa to Berbera and we stopped as Las Geel on the way. There is a small town at the turnoff and it is

not marked, you have to speak with the townfolk and have them point out the turnoff. Once you find the turnoff you pretty much need a 4x4 to traverse the rough track approximately 8 miles back into the desert. It is protected by a Federal Guard out there at a well marked Camp.